Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    I took it as some pity sex Storm threw at him coz the world was ending. Give him one for the road kinda thing lol! You know "Time Running Out".
    That is the worst kind of sex.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    That is the worst kind of sex.
    It happens a lot of times when soldiers go to war.

Ultimate Member

It was goodbye sex for both. You keep making things up. I don't get why you want this to happen so bad. They hadn't talked in years. Bp and Storm were married. My point is that T'challa is a better character than forge. He just beat God Doom in a game of awesome. I really dislike the character of Forge. I tend to dislike characters whose entire arc is self loathing and compromised principles.

Yes it was goodbye sex. After that they broke up completely and Storm moved on.
    Though you remember that BP was created to be a really great character from day one and then has been built up to almost obscene levels at times by some writers to practically being the strongest, smartest, and best character in the entire Marvel U who happens to have his own country that is supposedly such a great place, it's like they overdid it...

Forge's entire character isn't self loathing and compromised principles, most of that happened years and years ago and the more recent stuff really wasn't even the real Forge if memory serves. T'Challa is better in your eyes but not in everyone's.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Though you remember that BP was created to be a really great character from day one and then has been built up to almost obscene levels at times by some writers to practically being the strongest, smartest, and best character in the entire Marvel U who happens to have his own country that is supposedly such a great place, it's like they overdid it...

Forge's entire character isn't self loathing and compromised principles, most of that happened years and years ago and the more recent stuff really wasn't even the real Forge if memory serves. T'Challa is better in your eyes but not in everyone's.
    Ghostboxes says hi, his entire X-factor run, much of time with Storm. Forge has spent the bulk of his time self loathing.

Ultimate Member

I don't remember him self loathing through his X-Factor run, and I read a nice sized chunk of it, if anything he was burdened by his responsibilities, and again wasn't the whole ghost box thing not even the real Forge anyway...hence why he died at the end of that and yet is now alive, didn't they explain that as being that Forge wasn't the real one...

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I don't remember him self loathing through his X-Factor run, and I read a nice sized chunk of it, if anything he was burdened by his responsibilities, and again wasn't the whole ghost box thing not even the real Forge anyway...hence why he died at the end of that and yet is now alive, didn't they explain that as being that Forge wasn't the real one...
    It was the real Forge, but he survived and eventaully Cable saved him and helped him restore his sanity. Later it was explained that the Adversary messing with Forge's mind helped precipitate his state of insanity which led to the Ghost Boxes mess.

Ghostboxes says hi, his entire X-factor run, much of time with Storm. Forge has spent the bulk of his time self loathing.
    Here's my issue with Ghostboxes... was Forge even really a villain there? He made a new team of X-Men by artificially making them... was it ever stated that it was against the will of anyone? Even if it was against the will of the patients involved, the X-Men ended up killing them all anyways... I'm guessing they preferred to be artificial X-Men then dead. And the world that Forge was trying to protect Earth from, the war the X-Men were trying to stop who is to say Forge was not right? If another world was trying to take over earth what would Prof. X do... he'd send in the X-Men... what would Scott do... he'd send in the X-Men.... that's all Forge was trying to do. It clearly was not from a pacifist point of view that the X-Men stepped in as they ended up sending over a Hiroshima of their own through the portal instead of a team, Beast took a lot of flak for that on this board but not a single X-Man batted an eyelash. That's hard to hang all on McCoy, or Forge. Both Beast and Forge get used a lot to fill "Mad Scientist" type storylines and advance plots when usually the motivation and thought process is way out of character.

Best thing about this thread is that it's spark a pretty interesting conversation about Forge vs BP.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Storm & Forge make a great couple.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dupe1979 View Post
    Here's my issue with Ghostboxes... was Forge even really a villain there? He made a new team of X-Men by artificially making them... was it ever stated that it was against the will of anyone? Even if it was against the will of the patients involved, the X-Men ended up killing them all anyways... I'm guessing they preferred to be artificial X-Men then dead. And the world that Forge was trying to protect Earth from, the war the X-Men were trying to stop who is to say Forge was not right? If another world was trying to take over earth what would Prof. X do... he'd send in the X-Men... what would Scott do... he'd send in the X-Men.... that's all Forge was trying to do. It clearly was not from a pacifist point of view that the X-Men stepped in as they ended up sending over a Hiroshima of their own through the portal instead of a team, Beast took a lot of flak for that on this board but not a single X-Man batted an eyelash. That's hard to hang all on McCoy, or Forge. Both Beast and Forge get used a lot to fill "Mad Scientist" type storylines and advance plots when usually the motivation and thought process is way out of character.
    Forge had an army on the other side of that portal and was going to use it to take over the world. So yes that makes him a villain.

Forge had an army on the other side of that portal and was going to use it to take over the world. So yes that makes him a villain.
    Actually, another world had an army over there that was going to take over earth. Forge's whole intention was stopping them. Normally that is the kind thing the X-Men are able to get behind.

BANNED

Actually, another world had an army over there that was going to take over earth. Forge's whole intention was stopping them. Normally that is the kind thing the X-Men are able to get behind.
    They did. That army was destroyed, along with the island that army inhabited. Forge opening the ghost box to facilitate a war was dumb and the sign of a crazy person.

They did. That army was destroyed, along with the island that army inhabited. Forge opening the ghost box to facilitate a war was dumb and the sign of a crazy person.
    The X-Men lobbed a warhead more powerful then the sun at another world while only half-believing that there was any real threat, (it gave Wolverine a slight chubby). Forge was trying to take the fight to the other world with his team and the X-Men combined, opening the ghost box was not to facilitate a war but to stop a war that he felt was inevitable at that point.... so no I am not sure that makes him a villain.

The X-Men killed millions including Forge's team of "New Mutants", despite it never really being established that they were in any way victims or evil, but because they were ugly no one seemed to care.

BANNED

The X-Men lobbed a warhead more powerful then the sun at another world while only half-believing that there was any real threat, (it gave Wolverine a slight chubby). Forge was trying to take the fight to the other world with his team and the X-Men combined, opening the ghost box was not to facilitate a war but to stop a war that he felt was inevitable at that point.... so no I am not sure that makes him a villain.

The X-Men killed millions including Forge's team of "New Mutants", despite it never really being established that they were in any way victims or evil, but because they were ugly no one seemed to care.
    Yet the earth want destroyed. That beams strength want string enough to destroy a planet or it would have destroyed the earth to. Forge's experiments were not well thought out. Him believing all of his crazy nonsense doesn't stop it from being crazy or true. Was the war inevitable? Why open the ghost box nor knowing the outcome. Forge was crazy his plan was stupid.

They were going there to fight that means they were going to war. Forge already believed he was in a war.
    Last edited by Arya; 01-23-2016 at 03:14 PM.

All-New Member

Yes, and as mentioned before, it was later revealed that having the Adversary in his head caused his madness (and Warren Ellis not doing proper research)