Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The execution of Namor - how should the X-Men react?

Namor was a very close ally of the X-Men during Norman Osborns Dark Reign and the Second Coming. The Squadron Supreme came to Atlantis to administer justice. Regardless of how you may feel about Namors role in the Illuminati there are several members of the X-Men he has very close ties to who may be upset.

Magneto - Namor recently came to warn Magneto of the end of the world before Secret Wars. Their on and off alliance has made it hard to decide how Magneto should react to Namors death. However, Magneto should recognise that Namor offered his aid to the X-Men when they needed him the most. I can see Dr. Polaris...I mean Magneto being royally pissed at the Squadron Supreme.

Emma Frost - Is the person who convinced Namor to join the X-Men. Long time allies, not only did Namor offer his aid but Frost decided to offer hers when Atlantis was in trouble. Given how Psynapse was having a field day in the latest SS issue I can't imagine Emma being too kind to hearing this news.

Storm - Ex-lover and sort out Namors company in Nation X. While they hardly had much panel time I can't imagine she would be too pleased with the execution.

Wolverine - Forever at each others throats but ultimately allies. Wolverine would definitely not appreciate the Squadron Supremes actions.

Hope - Hope formed a bond with Namor, how would she react? She wasn't too pleased after AvX though.

What do you think how should the X-Men react? Should the X-Men take down the Squadron Supreme? Lord knows they have the telepaths.

I don't see Wolverine caring at all. Especially since he's dead, and Old Man Logan probably gives zero F's about Namor to be honest. Hope might care a little because she's young and spent some time with him on the Extinction Team, and Magneto would be angry simply because he was a fellow mutant. That's about it honestly. He was an arrogant dick. No one else will bat an eye I bet.

Eeeh, I rather no X-Books react to Squadron Supreme, so I can keep pretending it doesn't exist.

Namor made his bed.

I have always had a soft spot for the Atlantean, especially in his crusade against the polluting surface worlders, but his actions in the Illuminati and Phoenix 5 turned a corner for which he has now paid.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Spectacular Member

this cant be real! i don't believe it, why????

Also, his relationship with Loa. He is like basically like a "grandpa" to her. I know not biological, but he banged her grandma. She was like his sidekick.

Probably Cyclops would have something to say. But God knows where he is.

Emma Frost would probably care since Namor was one of her first true loves as a mutant. I am sure she would want to avenge Namor's life by getting back at the Squadron Supreme.

I am sure Storm wouldn't be thrilled either since she was Namor's good friend when she lived with him in Utopia.
    Last edited by Project Initiative Cascada; 01-10-2016 at 07:53 PM.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

I would love to see the EXM go after the SS. I want nothing more than to see Nighthawk vs Wolverine (I'll settle for OML) drawn by Ribic or Yu. I suppose Ramos would be my preference of artists actually on the titles.

Addressing the OP, I would think Magneto and his team will be the most likely to react initially, followed by the EXM. I can't see Storm being okay with it based on the mission statement she is championing, but as others have pointed out Namor made his bed. Really though the SS should be hunting down the entire illuminati, Namor may have pushed the button but he certainly didn't get to that point alone.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Eeeh, I rather no X-Books react to Squadron Supreme, so I can keep pretending it doesn't exist.
    I agree with this. Enough of X-Men being involved with Marvel's D-listers du jour, especially this poor man's Authority.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Emma should reform the Dark Xmen or her ver of Xforce and take them out.

And just this one time Hope may join the team since she bonded with Namor a little. She will copy that generic superman of that squad to solve that problem.
    Last edited by Darth Phoenix; 01-11-2016 at 05:52 PM.

Should the X-men do something to avenge Namor after he's been a friend and team member for years? Yes they should.

Will they? Well that depends on Robinson, although he is usually pretty good at addressing continuity but he's more likely to bring in the All-new Invaders, the team Namor was previously on.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I would love to see the EXM go after the SS. I want nothing more than to see Nighthawk vs Wolverine (I'll settle for OML) drawn by Ribic or Yu. I suppose Ramos would be my preference of artists actually on the titles.

Addressing the OP, I would think Magneto and his team will be the most likely to react initially, followed by the EXM. I can't see Storm being okay with it based on the mission statement she is championing, but as others have pointed out Namor made his bed. Really though the SS should be hunting down the entire illuminati, Namor may have pushed the button but he certainly didn't get to that point alone.
    I broadly agree with this. Emma Frost would be likely to have a strong reaction to the event, given her closeness to Namor. I'm not sure that anyone would make the death of Namor cause for intervention, if only because of his responsibility for some pretty significantly terrible things. Would anyone blame Doctor Spectrum for kicking the head of the man who destroyed her homeworld?

The attack on Atlantis would be more of a gamechanger. Killing Namor is one thing, but physically destroying the nation-state of Atlantis, home to a distinct human subspecies, is quite another thing. If there were concerns that the SS would go after the Jean Grey School in retaliation for Beast's involvement, there might well be a preemptive strike.

I'm not sure there would necessarily be caused for the SS to go after the other Illuminati members. Yes, they played a critical role in allowing Namor to become a destroyer of planets, most notably in building the bombs, but they never pushed a trigger on an inhabited world.

BANNED

I'd love to see Magneto's squad with Storm and Hope along with Emma join up and takedown the Squadron Supreme just to show how dominant they can be.

Quote Originally Posted by primetime21 View Post
    I'd love to see Magneto's squad with Storm and Hope along with Emma join up and takedown the Squadron Supreme just to show how dominant they can be.
    I like your thinking.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Meh, no more D-list bloodsucking ticks getting fat off the X-Men.