Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Default What is your favorite DC universe?

It can be from comics, TV, movies, video games, or Elseworlds but it has to be a previously established universe. I've been re-watching the Young Justice cartoon so I'm kind of partial to that one right now. But I also like the Superman/Batman Generations universe as I like the idea of a Superman that has been around since 1938.

BANNED

It's probably Earth-0 for me mainly because I haven't been into comics for that long alot of my Pre-Flashpoint stuff is just backtracking stuff. I do like some elements that I hope sooner or later get incorporated but for the most part I'm currently enjoying Earth-0 especially now with the Titans Hunt book.

The New 52 prime earth has the most characters bec it includes Wildstorm.

BANNED

My top 5:

1. DCAU
    2. Flarrowverse
    3. Post-Flashpoint
    4. Pre-Flashpoint
    5. YJ

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Morrison's. I realize it stretches across multiple continuities, but all his DC work has always been constructed as part of a larger superstructure, from Action Comics to DC One Million with the entire DCU in-between. Doesn't hurt that it brings in lots of great stuff with it, like Sandman, Hitman, Waid's Flash, Johns' Green Lantern, and even Wildstorm if you count Grayson as part of Morrison's DCU, which I do.

I also very much like the universe suggested by the Adventures of Superman story "Strange Visitor", which suggested a far more interesting take on the idea of the future of the original DCU than Earth-Two or Generations did, and think if for some reason Joe Keatinge felt compelled to go back to it there'd be a lot to explore there. You could have a worse Earth-2 to Morrison's Earth-1 than this.
    Buh-bye

BANNED

Huh. I thought Post-Crisis might run me close, then I remembered a lot of my fave stories that came out in its time period were set in different universes so I'm not sure at all. I mean can you really pick a universe if it only has one story? And what universe would I talk about if I wanted something that featured Multiversity or something?

But yeah I guess really my favourite universes have mostly always been the comics, whether Post or Pre FP. Haven't really read as much pre-COIE to really compare to the other two.

As for the cartoons or TV shows or films, well, I don't know if I could call them my favourite ever DC universe because I feel you accept a lot more with them that you wouldn't in the comics purely for the novelty of it being on-screen and moving. If I was to rank them though I'd still probably put the Nolan Batverse as the top there so far, even though it has a lot more changes than some of the cartoons, since those are mostly there to come together to tell one story.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Morrison's. I realize it stretches across multiple continuities, but all his DC work has always been constructed as part of a larger superstructure, from Action Comics to DC One Million with the entire DCU in-between. Doesn't hurt that it brings in lots of great stuff with it, like Sandman, Hitman, Waid's Flash, Johns' Green Lantern, and even Wildstorm if you count Grayson as part of Morrison's DCU, which I do.
    Then again, this works for me.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

My top five:

1. Pre-Crisis
    2. Young Justice TV universe
    3. Gotham by Gaslight.
    4. Arkham-verse
    5. Post-Flashpoint
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Post-Crisis.

DCAU by a longshot.

1. DCAU
    2. Post-Crisis
    3. Tangent
    4. Pre-Crisis
    5. Gotham by Gaslight
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 01-11-2016 at 07:46 PM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Post Crisis single earth. It's the best 10 year stretch in DC history for my money. Longbow Hunters, Hawkworld, Dr Fate, Superman books, Batman books, JLI, Suicide Squad, Wally's Flash, Green Lantern franchise, on and on really.

Incredible Member

1.Young Justice
    2.Batman:Brave and the Bold
    3. New 52/DCYou tied with Darwyn Cooke New Frontier universe
    4. Arrow/Flash and DCEU/DCCU might take it's spot
    5. Silver/Bronze Age(including Alex Ross and Jim Kreuger Justice, Case Study and Paul Dini/Alex Ross World's Greatest Heroes/Batman: War on Crime/Superman: Peace on Earth/Wonder Woman: Spirit of Truth/Shazam!: Power of Hope)
    6. Smallville
    7. DCAU
    8. The Batman
    9. Pre Flashpoint/Post Infinite Crisis
    10. Post Crisis/Zero Hour (Tied with Arkhamverse)
    Last edited by ironman2978; 01-10-2016 at 11:56 PM.

1. Pre-Crisis
    2. The few years directly following the first Crisis
    3. Pre-Crisis
    4. Pre-Crisis
    5. Pre-Crisis

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

1) Post-Crisis (1986-1996, roughly)
    2) The Dark Knight Trilogy
    3) DCAU
    4) Pre-Crisis (late 70s/early 80s-1985)
    5) The Flash (Current TV Series)

1. Post-Crisis from History of the DC Universe/Legends until Zero Hour
    2. Timm's DC Animated Universe
    3. Golden Age (1938-1955) where everything was it's own thing
    4. Young Justice Animated U
    5. Kirbyverse (Fourth World/OMAC/Demon/Kamandi etc.)
    6. The Earth 1/Earth 2 split of the pre-Crisis DCU
    7. Cooke's New Frontier
    8. the classic TV DCU of Reeves Adventures of Superman/Batman '66/Carter's WW
    9. The Superfriends DCU
    10. Vertigoverse where the DCU properties under the Vertigo banner took place-kind of each their own thing again

-M