Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spectacular Member

I watched disc 1 of the blu ray in celebration. Shame Gorhin didn't do series 2.

Retired

At the time, Gorshin was my least favourite of the big four (the actors playing the Joker, Penguin, Catwoman and the Riddler). The only thing that bugged me about Cesar Romero was that he wouldn't shave off his moustache--but now I think that's funny.

John Astin only played Riddler in a couple of shows in the second season. I was happy to see him--because I liked him on THE ADDAMS FAMILY. Again the only thing that bugged me was he didn't shave off his moustache either. Other than that, he looked like the Riddler in the comics--whereas Gorshin didn't.

This was one of the big things that bugged me over all as a kid, reading comics and watching TV shows. I wanted everything to be the same and I thought that either the comics should look like the TV show or else the actors on the TV should make a greater effort to look like the characters in the comic.

Now watching the series again, I can see that Gorshin brought a physicality to the Riddler that really plays well. In fact, however, Gorshin should be the Joker. His Riddler is much more like the comic book Joker.