Fantastic Member

Default Sinestro vs Iron Man

New 52 Thaal vs Extremis Armour Tony.

No BFR and No Prep.

I love Tony and all, but he ain't got nothin' that's getting through Lantern auto-shields.

Whereas Sinestro can hurt Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I love Tony and all, but he ain't got nothin' that's getting through Lantern auto-shields.

Whereas Sinestro can hurt Tony.
    I'm with ya. Extremis Tony probably gets the first few shots off, which Sinestro's shield tanks and the return volley will be far more then Tony can Handle.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Yet another stomp.

Iron Man has zero business sticking his nose into fights with the big boys. Not without insane prep, preferably not involving something with the suffix -buster.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Yet another stomp.

Iron Man has zero business sticking his nose into fights with the big boys. Not without insane prep, preferably not involving something with the suffix -buster.
    The SinestroBuster Armor will be the one that works!

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holacik View Post
    The SinestroBuster Armor will be the one that works!
    *facepalm* Oh, Tony....
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I love that movie Tony has only ever had one *sumfink*buster suit, and yet he already has one more success than comics Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I love that movie Tony has only ever had one *sumfink*buster suit, and yet he already has one more success than comics Tony.
    To be fair, he had Banner help him build that.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I'm mildly surprised the support is so universal given how little has come forward for Nu 52 Lantern feats. That said, Sinestro has some of the best, so I agree he stomps.

Whether he should or shouldn't be, Iron Man has fought beings of Sinestro's weight class before without prep though. He's got a history.

Mighty Member

A lot of stuff happens in comics that doesn't fly on rumbles. Absent prep, Tony is not getting through Sinestro's shields, so he is not beating him.

Quote Originally Posted by AnonymousODG View Post
    Whether he should or shouldn't be, Iron Man has fought beings of Sinestro's weight class before without prep though. He's got a history.
    He's got a history of getting mauled by Hulk and wrecked by Thor. Even setting aside the hilarious failure of his buster armors the guy doesn't have a great track record with the heavy hitters. I'm sure he's got a couple of anomalies out there, but he's pretty consistently been the guy who can figth the class 100s, and get wrecked for his troubles.

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    A lot of stuff happens in comics that doesn't fly on rumbles. Absent prep, Tony is not getting through Sinestro's shields, so he is not beating him.
    While I wouldn't necessarily dispute that Sinestro's shields could withstand Extremis Iron Man's conventional weaponry and strength, I'm speaking more about his knack for dealing with powerful energy-wielders by harnessing/throwing their power back at them. He's made a career of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    He's got a history of getting mauled by Hulk and wrecked by Thor. Even setting aside the hilarious failure of his buster armors the guy doesn't have a great track record with the heavy hitters. I'm sure he's got a couple of anomalies out there, but he's pretty consistently been the guy who can figth the class 100s, and get wrecked for his troubles.
    To be fair, a lot of characters have a history of getting mauled by Hulk and Thor. I think crediting Tony's history with energy wielders doesn't leave this as completely lopsided as is being suggested here.

Quote Originally Posted by AnonymousODG View Post
    While I wouldn't necessarily dispute that Sinestro's shields could withstand Extremis Iron Man's conventional weaponry and strength, I'm speaking more about his knack for dealing with powerful energy-wielders by harnessing/throwing their power back at them. He's made a career of it. To be fair, a lot of characters have a history of getting mauled by Hulk and Thor. I think crediting Tony's history with energy wielders doesn't leave this as completely lopsided as is being suggested here.
    Honestly, I just don't see the figth last long enough for him to even analyze the energy coming out of the power ring. Sinestro is ruthless and efficient and would just peel him him.

Plus, unlike a normal Lantern, if Tony managed to drain the ring, Sinestro can just let Parralax off the leash, and that's it for Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Honestly, I just don't see the figth last long enough for him to even analyze the energy coming out of the power ring. Sinestro is ruthless and efficient and would just peel him him.

Plus, unlike a normal Lantern, if Tony managed to drain the ring, Sinestro can just let Parralax off the leash, and that's it for Tony.
    While I don't disagree with you, I'm not suggesting that Tony analyzes Sinestro's energy and tries to manipulate it. I'm suggesting he just straight up absorbs it and amps his armor or throws it back at him.

Also IIRC, Sinestro released Parallax and bound it to Korugar. Obviously, this wouldn't be a contest if he still retained Parallax within him.