Default Catwoman 48 Preview/Discussion

Spectacular Member Huntsman1117's Avatar

The artwork looks good so far. I hate that one of Catwoman's few friends is dead now instead of adding substance to her story. Hopefully new characters will come along. Looking forward to seeing how Catwoman deals with the NYPD.

BANNED

This may be the first time I've been sold on a comic by reading a preview. The art is beautiful, the sky view of NYC is just gorgeous. And the way the describe NYC and the cop is very very accurate, unfortunately. Trust me, I live in Brooklyn. With that being said, this does look like a great opportunity to jump on Catwoman. Happy reading folks!

Wow, that art is beautiful. I hope Inaki Miranda stays with Catwoman or is at least moved to something good .

Amazing Member

Just finished reading it, I'm pleasantly surprised by this new team. I really wasn't sure about this new run but it's been really really good. The art is beautiful, the pacing isn't slow or too condensed. There are some really nice call backs to her 1940s origins (pet shop) and her media appearance (Pfeiffer joke/nod). The dialogue is solid. I hope this run lasts. Nice to see catwoman be catwoman again which we haven't really seen done well since well before the new 52 launch,don't get me wrong I loved Valentine's run but it was more 'Selina Kyle:mob boss's than 'Selina Kyle: Catwoman'
    Books I'm reading: Batman Eternal, Red Hood, Black Widow, Elektra, Loki Agent of Asgard, Green Arrow, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Catwoman.........

Quote Originally Posted by Smart View Post
    Just finished reading it, I'm pleasantly surprised by this new team. I really wasn't sure about this new run but it's been really really good. The art is beautiful, the pacing isn't slow or too condensed. There are some really nice call backs to her 1940s origins (pet shop) and her media appearance (Pfeiffer joke/nod). The dialogue is solid. I hope this run lasts. Nice to see catwoman be catwoman again which we haven't really seen done well since well before the new 52 launch,don't get me wrong I loved Valentine's run but it was more 'Selina Kyle:mob boss's than 'Selina Kyle: Catwoman'
    Agreed. I'm liking what I've read so far as well.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Always Rakzo

I'm loving this. The action is intense and energetic, the dialogue is sharp and full of personality and the art is gorgeous.

I also loved how they commented how a blonde Selina looks like Michelle Pfeifer and even the Penguin looked like in Batman Returns!

Most importantly, it seems like Selina is finally having FUN once again which is something I was missing.

Spectacular Member Huntsman1117's Avatar

You guys took the words right out of my mouth. It's a good old-fashioned Catwoman story with beautiful artwork, new added touches to the design, fun references to "Batman Returns ", perfect dialogue, a great cast of characters, and a nice way of tying things to recent events. I wish the story could have been longer. I enjoyed it.

BANNED

I liked the whole Crime-Noir vibe it has going on. I see that Star City was mentioned, that's interesting.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

This run is shaping up to be a lot better than I thought it would be. Quick break down of the things that I really like:
    Tesla - I know Nocenti's run wasn't the most acclaimed, but I like that Tesla is sticking around to give Selina more stable supporting cast
    Batman Returns Throwback - The Michelle Pfeiffer nod and her getting mixed up with Penguin are nice references to Batman Returns without outright aping off the movie like the #0 issue did (poorly).
    The art - I love it. Not much more needs to be said.
    Other Bat-characters - It's also great to see Selina crossing paths with other Gotham characters because it gives her a sense of place in the DCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    I liked the whole Crime-Noir vibe it has going on. I see that Star City was mentioned, that's interesting.
    Yeah, that made think of how fun it could be for her to cross paths with Green Arrow again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbytes View Post
    This run is shaping up to be a lot better than I thought it would be. Quick break down of the things that I really like:
    Tesla - I know Nocenti's run wasn't the most acclaimed, but I like that Tesla is sticking around to give Selina more stable supporting cast
    Batman Returns Throwback - The Michelle Pfeiffer nod and her getting mixed up with Penguin are nice references to Batman Returns without outright aping off the movie like the #0 issue did (poorly).
    The art - I love it. Not much more needs to be said.
    Other Bat-characters - It's also great to see Selina crossing paths with other Gotham characters because it gives her a sense of place in the DCU.

Yeah, that made think of how fun it could be for her to cross paths with Green Arrow again.

Again? What did I miss?

Edit: Wait, nevermind.
    Last edited by Starchild; 01-13-2016 at 08:51 PM.

Ha! That Michelle Pfeiffer gag got me. Pretty good stuff.

Astonishing Member

Damn. Skipped this and now have to go get it. That's my favorite part about the old CBR Forums, though.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

I had no expectations for this run going in, so I've been pleasantly surprised so far. It does feel like it's spinning its wheels a little bit with this generic story though. I also hope she returns to NY soon, I really want her to establish a foothold outside of the Batfamily for once.

inb4 "he" is Batman. For some reason that's immediately where my mind went.
    Batgirl - ...BOP - Batman - 'Tec - Nightwing - Supergirl - Titans - Wonder Woman