Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderNerd View Post
    The 90's show is my definitive version of Spider-Man. I always hear CDB's voice whenever I read ASM, and there is so much to love from that cartoon.
    Mine too!

That show was awesome.

Finding a destination in the infinite multiverse

The 90's show is my definitive version of Spider-Man. I always hear CDB's voice whenever I read ASM, and there is so much to love from that cartoon.
    Who doesn't? =P
    Note: This person is a Peter Parker, Hank Pym, Bruce Banner, Reed Richards and James Howlett fanboy, used to be a Steve Rogers fanboy before he turned grumpy.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubhavkumarc View Post
    Who doesn't? =P
    Me. It's Dan Gilvezan for Gen X heads.

It was okay.

Who doesn't? =P
    In my opinion, CDB just perfectly captured the essence of the character in his tone.
    “Marvel Fan Rave Podcast” on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and more.

Finding a destination in the infinite multiverse

In my opinion, CDB just perfectly captured the essence of the character in his tone.
    Completely agree, he brought the emotion to reality, it just felt like watching the comic book.
    Note: This person is a Peter Parker, Hank Pym, Bruce Banner, Reed Richards and James Howlett fanboy, used to be a Steve Rogers fanboy before he turned grumpy.

Completely agree, he brought the emotion to reality, it just felt like watching the comic book.
    Exactly. I can always believe that CDB is Spidey.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    Who thinks the 1960s Spectacular and Amazing Friends are the best ones.

And Who thinks June Foray as Aunt May is perfect casting?
    Season 1 of the 1967 show is very enjoyable. I'll watch those over and over...
    I purchased the "Amazing Friends..." from iTunes...some hold up better than others. Hit and miss, but I love the voice actors...
    Add Dan Gilvezan as THE Peter/Spider-Man to June Foray as the perfect Aunt May...

BANNED

Amazing Friends is a great watch (would have to be if it includes the female take of my namesake), notable favorites are "Triumph of the Green Goblin", "The Girl From Tomorrow", "Origin of the Amazing Friends" and the story where Firestar crushes on Kraven.

Still need to get my mits on the solo 80s Spider-Man 'toon. Loads of Doctor Doom episodes in that one (I beleive the story behind this was Marvel were trying to cash in a bit on Darth Vader's success as Empire Strikes Back was out, anyone know if that is accurate? I read it on Toon Zone)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Lion View Post
    Amazing Friends is a great watch (would have to be if it includes the female take of my namesake), notable favorites are "Triumph of the Green Goblin", "The Girl From Tomorrow", "Origin of the Amazing Friends" and the story where Firestar crushes on Kraven.

Still need to get my mits on the solo 80s Spider-Man 'toon. Loads of Doctor Doom episodes in that one (I beleive the story behind this was Marvel were trying to cash in a bit on Darth Vader's success as Empire Strikes Back was out, anyone know if that is accurate? I read it on Toon Zone)
    I have no idea why the solo series isn't out on DVD or on iTunes, it's not a bad show at all. Just wasn't a fan of the Spidey voice actor growing up. I don't mind it now.
    There was a podcast on the Spider-Man Crawlspace that had a reunion of sorts with the Amazing Friends crew (Dan Gilvezan and Kathy Garver only, Frank Welker wasn't available) and Dan kind of explains why he didn't get the solo series...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Lion View Post
    I saw this show through re-runs on Toon Disney (now Disney XD). As a kid, I would watch the 90's show and then Amazing Friends, because they would be on one after the other. I loved it as a kid, and I do still think it's a decent enough show now. I like Gilvezan as Spidey, and I like the dynamic between him and his team. It's a fun show!

Some interesting behind the scenes stuff from producer/ head writer John Semper of the 1990s fox cartoon.

http://comicbook.com/2015/07/24/spid...the-scenes-in/

For example...

Why Hobgoblin came before The Green Goblin:

John Semper Jr.: The short answer is that the first person hired as the head writer on the series made the decision to introduce the Hobgoblin first, for reasons that are only known to him. In fact, from what I understand, he was NOT going to have the Green Goblin appear in the series AT ALL! Based on his decision, an entire line of HOBGOBLIN toy figures was created for release just before the financially crucial (to the toy company) Christmas sales period. By the time my predecessor was fired from the show and I was hired to replace him, it was too late to stop the creation of the Hobgoblin toys. Despite my protesting and cajoling, I could not get the powers-that-be to agree to let me start off with the Green Goblin BEFORE the Hobgoblin, so I was stuck having to introduce the Hobgoblin first. Given all of that, I think I did a pretty good job of having it all make logical sense, but for comic book purists (like myself), I still would have preferred to begin with the Green Goblin. We all can agree, however, that the voice performance of MARK HAMILL did an excellent job of making the Hobgoblin fun and interesting!
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Some interesting behind the scenes stuff from producer/ head writer John Semper of the 1990s fox cartoon.

http://comicbook.com/2015/07/24/spid...the-scenes-in/

For example...
    Whoa. Interesting read.

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    Season 1 of the 1967 show is very enjoyable. I'll watch those over and over...
    I purchased the "Amazing Friends..." from iTunes...some hold up better than others. Hit and miss, but I love the voice actors...
    Add Dan Gilvezan as THE Peter/Spider-Man to June Foray as the perfect Aunt May...

Amazing friends
    is on Itunes? Neat. Does that include the Knights & Demons episode? (a favorite)

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Me. It's Dan Gilvezan for Gen X heads.
    Ditto. *thumbs up*

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    *High five*
    I hope it's not Hulks hand that delivers the 5.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage