View Poll Results: Favorite Hickman work at Marvel?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Secret Warriors/SHIELD: I love the secret stuff

16 20.25%
  • Fantastic Four/Future Foundation: Family all the way!

45 56.96%
  • Ultimate Marvel Ultimates, Thor, Hawkeye: Alas it ended too soon.

8 10.13%
  • Avengers, New Avengers, Infinity: It was an Avengers World

23 29.11%
  • Secret War: Doom is God.

16 20.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hobo View Post
    I'm surprised the Ultimates is at the bottom. The wrap-up was awkward, but up until that point I thought the story was incredible. Especially if you include Ultimate Fallout -- reintroducing Ultimate Reed and the Children of Tomorrow, using a twisted version of the words and themes from F4/Future Foundation stories.

As much as I can't stand Bendis, he's probably as responsible for Secret Warriors as Hickman is -- you can see Bendis' writing well into the series. I bet those two would somehow make a great writing team.
    I think in general they play well together. Remember that Ultimate DOOM trilogy that establishes Reed as the Maker is a Bendis run. Hickman pulled the Illuminati from the Bendis run too, as well as the idea the Illuminati have the Gems. He was recruited by Bendis for Marvel and I think it's worked out pretty well.

Incredible Member

Secret Warriors was my favorite. The various plot twist and turns. The villains are cool. The heroes are enjoyable. And it gave us the ending Fury deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Also her hitting Namor like b*tch was great.

The story with Ben living for centuries after the FF, really brought the feels.
    Thanks for those excellent pages, Crimz ! (and the previous ones of course...)

Amazing Member

Not really qualified to vote, but really wondering if having this kind of imagination is a blessing or a curse..

Astonishing Member

I liked his early Fantastic Four issues -- but thought his run petered out at the end. Couldn't get into his Avengers run whatsoever. After about 4 issues of his non-team concept, I had enough.

Anyone's rankings of his various Marvel Runs change now Secret Wars is finished?

If anything, my opinion of his Avengers run went down.

So if I want to get into Hickman!Marvel Secret Warriors first then Fantastic Four?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by martianarts View Post
    Not really qualified to vote, but really wondering if having this kind of imagination is a blessing or a curse..
    How is Hickmans imagination a curse?

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    So if I want to get into Hickman!Marvel Secret Warriors first then Fantastic Four?
    Yes. His FF could be read as an ending on it's own, but Hickman keeps it's concepts going into the Avengers books and SW.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrTraveler View Post
    Anyone's rankings of his various Marvel Runs change now Secret Wars is finished?

If anything, my opinion of his Avengers run went down.
    It doesn't change mine
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I don't know if you need to read Secret Warriors first, but it is published first. I'd definitely read SHIELD before you read F4 as F4 uses some SHIELD plot threads.

Spectacular Member

If you want to read in order of quality, you should save FF for last, that's the most universally admired.

If you want to get the most out of each story, then you should read them in order of publication, for all the references sprinkled through his stories.

I don't really know where SHIELD would fit in a reading of everything. It's still not done. I'd rather read it when I know the last issue is sent off for printing (I stopped after the first 6). On the other hand, there are references to SHIELD throughout the other titles, some pretty subtle, and it's cool to see them.

Since I'm re-reading Hickman's Complete FF, I thought a small Bentley-23 appreciation post was in order:

(Cont'd below..)