Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I never understood the need to destroy any morality the character had, you wanted the X-men to grow up and break free of the cycle of Xavier as the leader, then show us that why use retcons and character assassination only to then kill him off!
    I prefer the 'flawed but basically good' Xavier to both the 'biggest hypocrite in the MU' and 'unassailable saint' versions myself.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Rachel always has been a vastly different character from her mother. Their only a similarities are the face and powers with Rachel developing far differently from her mother and having abilities her mother lacks.

Nice attempt but no bites today.
    No, it's been recently revealed Jean genetically cascaded herself into a HULK Jean before Rachel went R'Chel. There ain't a trick up Rachel's sleeve Jean cannot achieve better. Jean will always surpass Rachel.

It could be Marvel's version of Blackest Night, although they tried that with Necrosha.

As much as I want it to be adult WPOTC Jean to return, I just don't see it as too much has already been invested in her younger counterpart. I have a strong feeling it will be Charles Xavier. If we never get WPOTC back, I would at least like a moment for young Jean to interact with her older 616 self just to have some kind of closure.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    As much as I want it to be adult WPOTC Jean to return, I just don't see it as too much has already been invested in her younger counterpart. I have a strong feeling it will be Charles Xavier. If we never get WPOTC back, I would at least like a moment for young Jean to interact with her older 616 self just to have some kind of closure.
    Do you one better; they could fuse and the fusion could be finessed as "she now exists outside the normal boundaries of temporal causality, so O5!Jean and White Phoenix Jean coming together to create her won't risk the timestream." The synthesis of the Jean Greys would give us back the adult Jean with all of her history still intact, but with a new lease on life, severed from the baggage some would feel she accrued by the time of her death at the end of Grant Morrison's run.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Do you one better; they could fuse and the fusion could be finessed as "she now exists outside the normal boundaries of temporal causality, so O5!Jean and White Phoenix Jean coming together to create her won't risk the timestream." The synthesis of the Jean Greys would give us back the adult Jean with all of her history still intact, but with a new lease on life, severed from the baggage some would feel she accrued by the time of her death at the end of Grant Morrison's run.
    I love that idea. I like both Jean's and that's the only thing I imagine to keep them both without losing their backgrounds.

If someone has to come back again, I'd pick Xavier over Jean. Just because I'm tired of the "oh noes Scott killed Xavier, so he's evil" and all that jazz. Hello? You (X-men)wanted to hold Scott accountable but you fought tooth and nail for Jean when she killed an entire planet? Under the same circumstances? Oh and the Avengers? Yeah, Scarlet Witch gets a pass just like Jean.

Anyway, I'm a big fan of the movie Xavier, especially young Xavier who is a work in progress, but still a strong character with innate goodness.

I'm thinking Jean can have a mini for her return. I wanna know what she's been up to because she's not technically dead...anymore. She's back in her body as of Phoenix: Endsong. Maybe she's been doing "Phoenix work" across the cosmos or something.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Rachel always has been a vastly different character from her mother. Their only a similarities are the face and powers with Rachel developing far differently from her mother and having abilities her mother lacks.

Nice attempt but no bites today.
    Bah! It just chafes some readers that Jean and Rachel have closely related (yet, varying), godlike, smack down, power-sets (Oh, that and the "Wolverine is her father", campaign withered into a non-issue years ago ) -- when you thing about it such a phenomenon really isn't uncommon in the Marvel Universe...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    If someone has to come back again, I'd pick Xavier over Jean. Just because I'm tired of the "oh noes Scott killed Xavier, so he's evil" and all that jazz. Hello? You (X-men)wanted to hold Scott accountable but you fought tooth and nail for Jean when she killed an entire planet? Under the same circumstances? Oh and the Avengers? Yeah, Scarlet Witch gets a pass just like Jean.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but... Did Phoenix/Jean Grey not stand trial for her crime? Did she not pay the ultimate price by ending her (then present) incarnation?

Anyway, I'm a big fan of the movie Xavier, especially young Xavier who is a work in progress, but still a strong character with innate goodness.

I'm thinking Jean can have a mini for her return. I wanna know what she's been up to because she's not technically dead...anymore. She's back in her body as of Phoenix: Endsong. Maybe she's been doing "Phoenix work" across the cosmos or something.
    This is why we have Jeen... Haven't you been paying attention
    Last edited by ZNOP; 01-16-2016 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong but... Did Phoenix/Jean Grey not stand trial for her crime? Did she not pay the ultimate price by ending her (then present) incarnation?

She did, but before that the X-men accepted all of the things she did because they loved her. But somehow everyone hates Scott when he messes up. Even Cap wanted him bad and locked up, but was quick to defend Wanda when the X-men wanted her in Children's Crusade. At the very least, Rogue gave her a hard time. Don't know if that's still a thing though.

Although, I should be used to their double standards by now lol.

This is why we have Jeen... Haven't you been paying attention
    I'd rather see Jean though.

LOL @ anyone actually thinking that this has anything to do with an X-Men character coming back! Marvel wouldn't waste such big teaser promotion on an X-Men related story! It's going to be someone they can use in the MCU, like Adam Warlock (what's his current status anyway?) or Mar-Vell or someone like that. It certainly isn't going to be Jean! And that's because A) Marvel did this Jean returns teasing years after her death and kept the Messiah storyline going by giving constant hints that Hope was the reincarnation of Jean (as was probably intended around Messiah CompleX and after) but they changed their minds once it came time to bring that story to conclusion and B) we already got Tean who is meant to be the return and resurrection of the real Jean (as far as Marvel is concerned), whether or not us fans actually like that idea.

BANNED

Steven Rogers will return young again, male Thor is returning too, so we should expect adult Jean to return. Hopefully.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Steven Rogers will return young again, male Thor is returning too, so we should expect adult Jean to return. Hopefully.
    I think it may be 616 wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Steve Rogers is returning because there is a movie where he appears as Captain America. Thor Odinson will return as Thor in 2017 just in time for the release of Thor: Ragnarok movie.. It happened before when Cap was dead after Civil War (the comic) and returned just in time for the debut of his first movie and it will happen again.
    But for the X-men Age of Apocalypse, the event promoted is Apocalypse Wars and that's all. No returns announced, no big promotion. There are other powers at play.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Spectacular Member dark phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
    LOL @ anyone actually thinking that this has anything to do with an X-Men character coming back! Marvel wouldn't waste such big teaser promotion on an X-Men related story! It's going to be someone they can use in the MCU.
    Truth! I was about to say the same thing.
    "Cyclops was RIGHT!"