View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Birthright #13

3 9.38%
  • Black Jack Ketchum #2 (of 4)

1 3.13%
  • Citizen Jack #3

1 3.13%
  • Codename Baboushka: Conclave of Death #4

0 0%
  • Descender #9

7 21.88%
  • EGOs #9

0 0%
  • Faster Than Light #5

0 0%
  • From Under Mountains #4

1 3.13%
  • Huck #3

3 9.38%
  • Injection #6

5 15.63%
  • Limbo #3 (of 6)

1 3.13%
  • No Mercy #6

1 3.13%
  • Spread #12

0 0%
  • The Violent #2

1 3.13%
  • The Walking Dead #150

8 25.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Descender wins this handily, as TWD #150 was very underwhelming.

Injection was wickedly brilliant, with the Holmes-like Headland on a case (but why are all these people obsessed with sandwiches?)
    “That’s right, I’m Doughy Man! Butter is my ally, steak does my bidding! Sour cream bows down before me in total abject terror!”

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

For me, it'll be Black Jack, Citizen Jack, or Huck... but I've only read Black Jack Ketchum so far: but it's a definite contender.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Toss up between Citizen Jack & Violent.

Birthright, Huck, and Injection were really good this week. What each titles brings to my comic experience can't really be compared. Can only give props.

All-New Member

The Violent was the best book for me so that gets my vote. Huck was also great! Decender is getting kind of dull, so I may drop it soon and just wait for the hardcover.

The walking dead for me.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Voted for Black Jack Ketchum for its flat-out weirdness and interesting characters, even though I very much enjoy Huck and will vote for Citizen Jack in the US primaries if he's on the ballot (Sanders, if Jack's not on the ballot!). But definitely recommending you all look into Black Jack, a "weird western" that's playful, nicely illustrated and neatly written.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

A tie between Walking Dead and Descender?! Someone else needs to vote, the tension of wanting to know the winner is killing me. Descender is cool, but someone vote Walking Dead. Walking Dead got me into Image as a whole, and there's probably a lot of people just like me in here. If it weren't for The Walking Dead, I never would've heard of or read Descender in the first place, so snubbing TWD on the #150 is some turncloak ****.
    Last edited by Ragdoll; 01-19-2016 at 11:49 AM.

Yeah I'm curious if there will be a tie breaker! Descender's always a favourite of course but it's always cool when one of the long-running series takes the win. Sure it's things like Paper Girls and Tokyo Ghost that get the most buzz over at Image, but Walking Dead is still their solid front-runner in terms of sales. And not just from tv-show fans who pick up the trades, even in single issues it routinely puts a 10k+ gap between itself and Saga. Really impressive for a black & white horror book in this day and age.

For a horror book. For a black and white book. For an indie book. Any of those alone, 150 issues and its sales numbers is impressive, but stacking all three together, it's massively impressive.