Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Just now need a new FF book of them exploring these newly created universes.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Reed is directing Owen Reece but I don't think he's a pantheon. That's not what I got out of it.
    It's a group of people collaborating on the creation of multiple realities. That's a pantheon.

Franklin designs universes, Reed implements them, Owen powers and stabilizes the whole "machine", and the Future Foundation concerns themselves with the underlying physics and exploration of the whole thing (as alluded to in their discussion.)
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 01-13-2016 at 08:14 AM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Long-time loiterer

Just reading Squadron Supreme #3 now, and its confused me a bit.
    If the ending erased Hickman's run post Infinity as some are suggesting, how comes everyone in the Squadron and those they face seem to have some memory (vague or otherwise) of the universes being destroyed?

Food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    All off panel as well! Can't show that! That would be interesting! Got to have Dr. Doom explain it then with a bunch of exposition.
    I get that happening off camera though as its one of the big twists of Doom's plan and explains the rebellious Black Swans.

Incredible Member

All off panel as well! Can't show that! That would be interesting! Got to have Dr. Doom explain it then with a bunch of exposition.
    To be honest I didn't personally need any big explanation of how it was done. It was enough for me to accept Doom who had been battling the Beyonders for years figured out a way to defeat them in fact when Secret Wars 5 came out I thought it was something of a wasted issue. Clearly though others felt how Doom did it was important and it was enough of a mystery to justify explaining.

It wasn't really off panel either. We say Doom throw a giant box at the Beyonders in the final issue of New Avengers. Earlier that same issue we saw Strange look inside the box and was shocked at what he saw. We saw the same sequence play out again except we actually saw what Strange saw in the box. Hickman does a lot of stuff off panel and trusts the reader to connect the dots but I don't think this counts as one.
    Last edited by Orbus; 01-13-2016 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    It's weird that Marvel's First Family is now basically an omniversal Pantheon.
    It kinda makes sense IMHO - even if it's based on weird SC hypothesis of course !

I really liked the way Reed acknowledges the part played by Victor : giving him some time to fix everything - including saving his family. In fact it's a beautiful conclusion to.... Hickman's FF run!

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrTraveler View Post
    I get that happening off camera though as its one of the big twists of Doom's plan and explains the rebellious Black Swans.
    Though you got to admit, the Beyonders were yet another group that Hickman hyped up and tried to show them as being huge! ...but like his other groups, they are just kind of swept away rather easily. Hickman has a bad habit of doing that (remember Infinity?).

Quote Originally Posted by EmrysM View Post
    Just reading Squadron Supreme #3 now, and its confused me a bit.
    If the ending erased Hickman's run post Infinity as some are suggesting, how comes everyone in the Squadron and those they face seem to have some memory (vague or otherwise) of the universes being destroyed?

Food for thought.
    I suspect that folks that remember the incursion will be survivors of the old multiverse or Battleworld.

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    It kinda makes sense IMHO - even if it's based on weird SC hypothesis of course !

I really liked the way Reed acknowledges the part played by Victor : giving him some time to fix everything - including saving his family. In fact it's a beautiful conclusion to.... Hickman's FF run!
    Yep, I think this entire saga works much better if you consider it something to be read from Fantastic Four: Dark Reign through all of Hickman's work to the end of Secret Wars.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

There is something I don't understand though, aren't the incursions the stuff where they blew up other planets? or Am I mixing things? Because if at the end of SW the incursions never actually happen, why do the SS still blame Namor for killing a planet?

And I suppose Miles Morales remembers, right?

Though you got to admit, the Beyonders were yet another group that Hickman hyped up and tried to show them as being huge! ...but like his other groups, they are just kind of swept away rather easily. Hickman has a bad habit of doing that (remember Infinity?).
    The Beyonders took down the Cosmic Powers and the Universal Avengers squad. Doom took them down after time travel and a plan spanning decades. I don't think that counts as easily being swept aside.

The Builders weren't exactly easily swept aside either. They inflicted mass casualties on the galaxy and were only even slowed down by divine intervention.

Quote Originally Posted by craybest View Post
    There is something I don't understand though, aren't the incursions the stuff where they blew up other planets? or Am I mixing things? Because if at the end of SW the incursions never actually happen, why do the SS still blame Namor for killing a planet?
    The incursions did happen in the old universe, but Reed recreated the multiverse AFTER Doom dealt with the Beyonders (in the past).

Honestly, it's really confusing so the best I can explain it is T'challa is in the 1985 at the end of Back to the Future 2. All that stuff happened in another timeline/universe but he helped avert it and only a few other people know that this Earth isn't quite "right", but it's better.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 01-13-2016 at 08:34 AM.
    Pull List:

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrTraveler View Post
    The Beyonders took down the Cosmic Powers and the Universal Avengers squad. Doom took them down after time travel and a plan spanning decades. I don't think that counts as easily being swept aside.

The Builders weren't exactly easily swept aside either. They inflicted mass casualties on the galaxy and were only even slowed down by divine intervention.
    Sure they were. The writer builds up these huge threats, makes a huge deal out of them, showing how much trouble they cause, and then he immediately wraps them up in a very quick and unsatisfying manner. Beyonders were defeated off-screen and then Builders were defeated by a character who just waltzed in and waltzed right back out (didn't even appear in the rest of the event after that).

Also, by divine intervention, don't you mean Captain Plot-Device?

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    And I suppose Miles Morales remembers, right?
    I don't think so, I believe only the FF (minus Ben and Johnny), T'challa, Doom, and the SS (for reasons) do.
    Pull List: