Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6465253545556
    Mighty Member

I loved it.So Black Panter used the time gem to save himself and it thrust him back in time will this be followed up in the new Black Panter book.I hope so
    the remaning FF are like the ones rebuilding the new Universe-will a new ff book be back .Judging be the comments to this thread it sounds like Black Panther was thrust back in time to before the Events in Avengers 1.So was he just thrust back in time but the others heroes remember it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    I didn't like that development anyway. I liked that Ultimate Reed Richards was a villain. Even if he did kill off half of Europe.
    Didn't he dstroy a large chunck of the US as well?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    Didn't he dstroy a large chunck of the US as well?
    Yeah. He blew up congress and the President.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    Same character, Ultimate Reed. Apparently, after seeing what 616 Reed had (over at Ultimate Cataclysm), Ultimate Reed kinda wanted to redeem himself. But I guess Hickman didn't like that development so he used his "own" version of the character.
    Yea I hated that backpeddling Hickman did with the character, especially the claim that he was faking the character development when we saw him get nostaligic from his POV, something that never happened with his stoic/science zombie Maker self. It could've worked better to say that he has DID and thus has the persona of both Reed Richards and the Maker inside of him. And I really don't care for him being in ANAD Marvel considering he's basically been just reduced to Evil Reed Richards instead of the complex character he used to be.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Can you or anyone encapsulate Maker in a few sentences? He confuses me and I don't want to go and read all the Ultimate Universe material. Maybe I will take a look at Ribic's stuff but I am not so interested in the setting. And my reading piles are big enough as it is.
    I wanted to reply to this even though i'm a few pages late. Hickman's Ultimates run was my favorite Ultimates run and it was largely because of the maker. If you want to get the necessary maker experience just read the first 12 issues of Ultimate comics Ultimates. Go in knowing that Reed Richards in the Ultimate universe was very anakin skywalkerish and toldsusan storm in a half joking manner that he would rather live in a perfect world of his own creation with her. He eventuallyloses his mind and ends up attacking the Ultimate U from another dimension. After beingdefeated, he disappears for a little while and in ultimate fallout #4, also famed for being the first appearance of miles morales, we see the first appearance/transition to the maker. When ultimate comics ultimates starts there are tons of global threats but all eventually pale in comparison to the threat of Reed Richards, who has created a rapidly growing future city inside of a dome in which time moves at a different rate, and his society has advanced 1000 years

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    I loved it.So Black Panter used the time gem to save himself and it thrust him back in time will this be followed up in the new Black Panter book.I hope so
    the remaning FF are like the ones rebuilding the new Universe-will a new ff book be back .Judging be the comments to this thread it sounds like Black Panther was thrust back in time to before the Events in Avengers 1.So was he just thrust back in time but the others heroes remember it
    Well we have had a pretty big argument over whether we really see any time travel earlier on this thread, so suffice to say we are not sure and a few of us are not convinced at all. Admittedly the tread is getting too big to scan now.

So what exactly happened with Galactus? I've been hearing vague, contradictory information about his fate.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    So what exactly happened with Galactus? I've been hearing vague, contradictory information about his fate.
    After Secret Wars,
    spoilers:
    The Ultimates transformed him from a World Devourer into a World Lifegiver.
    end of spoilers
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    not mich happens with him in Secret Wars. More of an incidental character. As above you are probably hearing the rumors from Ultimates.

The way I see it, Owen was the only hero in the entire saga.
    "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    The way I see it, Owen was the only hero in the entire saga.
    As he mentions to Doom in Hickman's New Avengers, he might have actually been the instigator of everything including what Doom was doing as Rabum Alal.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Yea I hated that backpeddling Hickman did with the character, especially the claim that he was faking the character development when we saw him get nostaligic from his POV, something that never happened with his stoic/science zombie Maker self. It could've worked better to say that he has DID and thus has the persona of both Reed Richards and the Maker inside of him. And I really don't care for him being in ANAD Marvel considering he's basically been just reduced to Evil Reed Richards instead of the complex character he used to be.
    Truth be told, I didn't like how he turned into a "maniacal maniac" again. He got tons more character development in the following Ultimates issues, plus Cataclysm and FF. I get that Hickman essentially "created" the Maker and so he wanted to use his favourite version of the character for the story, but I was not a fan of it. Especially since now he has an "excuse" to be evil again. I much preffered the "grey area" Reed. Not good per se, but not exactly a homicidal maniac either.