Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Vision #3 (SPOILERS!)

Holy heck, where to begin!

Okay, the narrator reveal! Perfect choice! I didn't even think it could be spoilers:
    Agatha Harkness!
    end of spoilers I didn't even consider her a possibility because a) I have no clue on whether she was dead/resurrected/not-dead or whatever and b) why would she be involved in Vision's miniseries instead of Wanda if she was still alive or not.

But my gawd, that dark sarcasm and black humor up till now? Yup, totally her, feels like I should've guessed her now!

I loved the whole Sandman/Neil Gaimanesque approach to showing her witchcraft methods as well. Starts off with 'whuh' and then you get to the end of her whole process and you go 'ooooooh'.

I liked that Tony makes an appearance because up till now, I had this impression Vision was going through his...thing...in a little bubble, and that somehow either everyone else didn't know what was going on, or they deliberately didn't want to be involved with it (can you blame them). But there he was, helping out his friend, though I would be really intrigued if in the main Avengers series, or maybe in Invincible Iron Man, Tony talks about what was going through his head witnessing everything that was happening. He does say it's all 'normal', but feels like he just wants to help cover for Vision a bit to everyone else?

Also was spoilers:
    Agatha's precognition vision kinda meta? I mean, hm, the X-men, and Fantastic Four (plus the Avengers granted) all dead/going to die because Vision does a thing? And the fact Vision's address is 616 whatever-street? Plot-relevant and snarky comment on Marvel's treatment of those first two properties uh?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Byakko; 01-06-2016 at 04:19 AM.

BANNED

This book continues to be outstanding. I wouldn't have predicted the identity of the narrator but I loved the reveal. Very cool. And I also loved that this issue brought more of the broader MU in so it seems more naturally integrated into the here and now of Marvel and not just it's own (albeit awesome) thing. I encourage anyone who hasn't picked this book up yet to please check it out. It is extraordinarily good and deserves to stick around for as long as the creative team has a story to tell.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Great issue as always. The narrator reveal was both very shocking and yet makes perfect sense. The mix of ordinary family stuff with "they're ANDROIDS!" could feel gimmicky, but it doesn't at all.

Did not see Agatha coming either....I wonder if the book is going to crossing over with Scarlet Witch then? Isn't dead Agatha appeaing in that book?

She is a ghost in the Scarlet Witch series. That series must happen before this one.

Very wordy, but so delicious

Love this book!

I got the new Spider-Man/Deadpool comic and inside was also this Vision comic! I was expecting Vision #1 inside but instead but they put in #3 inside. Thus for those that want to get both comics I recommend just buying Spider-Man/Deadpool #1 unless you like the cover of Vision #3 to pay extra.
    Wish I knew that before I got both.

Great issue (both comics)

Sucks they put #3 inside Spider-Man/Deadpool, I was hoping the #1 re-release would get more fans reading this book.

But this issue was awesome. Continues to be super weird and creepy. It was already weird, but they really upped the stakes with this one. We're reaching Doctor Strange territory.

I liked when Vision threatened to murder Tony lol

I feel this will end by the 12th issue but man, it's really well done, I thought it would be self contained but Tony confirms it isn't but there's no way Vision will kill everybody because of his family.

Who else looks forward to this book more than any other Marvel title right now? This was not a book that I was particularly excited about post-Secret Wars... Spider-Man, Iron Man, Guardians, Wolverine; those are all characters that I already knew I'd enjoy reading about. But Vision? Never cared much beyond a casual interest. But I think Tom King's made one of the most unique and compelling things to come out of this relaunch. Always super creepy and weird. Every issue has been completely satisfying so far. I hope this book picks up momentum because it deserves it like none other right now.

Taking what I wrote back somewhat.

I went to the comicbook shop (before I got just the digital version before but a friend told me that the hard copy does indeed have the Vision #1) and can confirm now that at least the physical book Spider-Man and Deadpool #1 has #1 of Vision inside it. I don't know why I got the digital version of Vision #3 when I got the digital copy of Spider-man/Deadpool #1. Maybe a error was made and might be corrected.

Having Vision #1 would be more reasonable to help introduce and gain a fanbase plus help gain a fanbase to a deserving series within a very good comic plus two characters who have a huge fanbases. Happy for Vision and his team.
    Last edited by AngelJD; 01-06-2016 at 05:09 PM.

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

OMG this book is the BEST Thing Marvel has put out in sometime! I LOVE IT!!!!!!! I am a Huge Vision fan and thought I wouldn't like this take on him but I sooooooooo am!

Loved seeing Mrs. Vision smashing that kids face in (sort of).... I wonder if she killed both of them?? King is Killing it! I hope that Mreddie is wrong and it lasts wayyyyy beyond 12 issues!

I love the look on Tony's face...Priceless!

I super duper love the letters page...More comics need this again. I love King writing there....... OMG, There is nothing I don't love about this comic! Everyone; and I mean everyone should buy this comic!

PS, I just wrote the letters page (1st time I have ever done this)...that is how much I love this comic!
    Last edited by Mantis Girl 94; 01-06-2016 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelJD View Post
    I got the new Spider-Man/Deadpool comic and inside was also this Vision comic! I was expecting Vision #1 inside but instead but they put in #3 inside. Thus for those that want to get both comics I recommend just buying Spider-Man/Deadpool #1 unless you like the cover of Vision #3 to pay extra.
    Wish I knew that before I got both.

Great issue (both comics)
    That's really weird because mine has #1 inside. Print error?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by frizb View Post
    That's really weird because mine has #1 inside. Print error?
    Mine had #1 as well.