Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Talking Scarlet Witch #2 (BREAKDOWN & SPOILERS)!

The 2nd Issue of Scarlet Witch Written By James Robinson, Art by Marco Rudy Officially Came-Out Today and Like the 1st Issue Thread, here is a Breakdown of the Story and as the Title of the Thread said, SPOILER WARNING!!!

SPOILERS!!!!SPOILERS!!!!

SPOILERS!!!!SPOILERS!!!!SPOILERS!!!!

SPOILERS!!!!SPOILERS!!!!SPOILERS!!!!SPOILERS!!!!

SPOILERS!!!!SPOILERS!!!!SPOILERS!!!!SPOILERS!!!!SP OILERS!!!!

SPOILERS!!!!SPOILERS!!!!SPOILERS!!!!SPOILERS!!!!SP OILERS!!!!SPOILERS!!!!

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

- The Whole of the Issue Takes Place on the Amazingly Beautiful Greek Isle of Santorini and Honestly The Level of Amazing Landscape and Beauty this Island has is 2nd to near NONE and you can Tell Artist Marco Rudy put his Heart and Soul into this Work!

Anyone Interested in Learning Basics about Where are Lovely Wanda Maximoff is Right Now Can Watch this Video Below, Enjoy:

- Santorini is being Terrorized by a Greek Beast of Myths The Minotaur and it seems anyone that goes up against him meets a gruesome and bloody ending!

- Day Break Comes and we See our Wanda meeting with The Greek Goddess of Witches, HEKATE (or Hecate), Mainly the Dicussion Starts off Pleasent but then goes into details about Wanda's worries and concerns over the Fact of Witchcraft being Broken and if Hekate might know anything about it or what might be causing it.

- They also go into a Nice History Lesson on the Pantheon, her connection to is, Ares's and His Sons deaths and Fellow Avenger Hercules too.

- Wanda worries it might be herself cause of her pass manipulations and possessions and while under those influences used witchcraft, but Hekate does not know what is causing it. She has not used her powers in much time and only to go as far as the Island to feel Witchcraft's Presents, but for what she can tell, even on the Island, Witchcraft IS BROKE! But by what and who she does not know.

- But Hekate does say that the Beast that Terrorizes the Island is a Minotaur and has been endowed by VERY Powerful Witchcraft Magic, so Powerful that The Greek Army, Mercenaries and Even Greek's OWN CAPTAIN AMERICA Jon Ajak have Fallen to it! It appears to be invisible and that explains why no one has been able to see and fight it fairly.

- Hekate asking Wanda to Please put an end to this Beast and Wanda Agrees and She Meets The Minotaur on the Streets at night to do Full Battle!

- Wanda Using her Magic is not only able to see The Minotaur, but the Factor that this Beast is really a man named William Taurens also Known by Man-Bull, who was endowed by Magic to become The Minotaur, but he does not know of this, Thinking HE is The Minotaur!

- After a Lengthy and Impressive Back-N-Forth Wanda Decides to create a distraction and then Summon an Old Hex from her Homeland CHUVIHANI to Turn Man-Bull Back to Normal and it WORKS!

- But Willam's is not happy at all not being The Minotaur anymore, so he charges at Wanda looking as if he will attack her, Wanda puts up a Hex Shield, but really Man-Bull Dives off the Ledge on Purpose, Shockingly Committing Suicide instead of living life as his original self again.......Very Dark.

- We catch Wanda in the Morning on a Boat Contemplating the Battle and What is going on with Witchcraft in the World and who is causing it. Agatha Drops by to have a chat with Wanda about it as well, their-by going into that the True Nature of Witchcraft is Essentially like all magic down to Equivalent Exchange - One must give something to cast power magics and Wanda by doing this is AGING her VERY SOUL and Leading her to Shorting her Life..........JUST WOW..........Did not see that COMING, but it explains the Older Lady in the Mirror Reflection in Issue #1..........Where Robinson is going with this I don't know but I am Eger to FIND OUT!

- Final Point, Wanda says for One to be Casting Magic at THIS LEVEL to Create a Minotaur takes allot of magic, but the user is more then likely NOT Sacrificing themselves to do so, but making ALL Around them pay for thier Using such magic and we see this on the Final Page of the Issue we see our Villain who is doing this............

............. it is Declan Dane, The Emerald Warlock and He has Leeched off of Hekate The Goddess of Witchcraft Herself to Cast his Spells and In Turn turned her Killed Her!

End of My Content Review!

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

I Read Threw This book 2 Times already and Like the 1st issue the Re-Read Level is VERY HIGH with this Book!

The Main Point of Grandness of this Book is Marco Rudy Artwork and the Inking Job, it is INCREDIBLE, SIMPLY STUNNING!!!

I mean when you look at the Pages, EACH PAGE would Pass as a Portrait one could Hang on the Wall of their Homes, They are That Good! It is on the Levels of both Retro, 1960's Retro Strange/Mystical/Nick Fury Agent of Shield Stylistic/James Bond Like Breaks in the Pages, just a Magic Based Comic Book!!!!

I can't say enough of the Art of this book Marco Rudy Hit a MAJOR with this!

It is only Equaled by James Robinson's Story, it flows very Well with Detail, Filing in all the story about the Greek Pantheon, Hekate's Role in the Pantheon and her History in the Marvel Universe and the Isle of Santorini!

It is a Deep, Personal Story and REALLY Goes into the costs of Magic and Witchcraft, something I am seeing more of a Theme in All-New, All Different Marvel Now a days in other Books to like Doctor Strange's Solo. How this is effecting Wanda and her Soul is VERY troubling as well as a Wanda Fan to me, BUT I am willing to give Robinson Credit to See where this is Going, he is doing that good of a job and has my full respect towards him to continue this road to see where he leads us.

Overall IMO this Book Really Continues to Impress and In All Serious Opinions it is EVEN BETTER then Issue #1 and That is an Impressive Feet to Achieve!

My HIGHEST Ratings for this Book, Both Story, Art, Style, Characters, World-Building and More, it Hits 5 of 5 Stars Easy and that is without using My Fandom of Wanda to say so, LOL! ;-)

Now it is Your Turn, Give us your 411 on the Issue and Please Share and Respect others opinions, Enjoy!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I'm happy for you, my friend.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

I found this issue to be a great read and a lot better than the first issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I found this issue to be a great read and a lot better than the first issue.
    I agree with this. Enjoyed it very much. The very outstanding and unique art from Marco Rudy certainly helped with that.
    "This is me being reasonable"

This was really wordy. Not quite sure what to make of it.

I liked this issue a bit more than the first, too. That art is just breathtaking.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post

I'm happy for you, my friend.
    Thanks Allot Winterboy, that means allot, Much More then you can know! Also, Congrats on Natasha's New Book coming out soon, I am FULLY Onboard her Solo as well!

What means the most is that it seems both Robinson and the artist on the book are putting their Full HEART AND SOUL into this Story and what is coming out is one of the Best Stories I have read and it is only 2 issues in! If this was any other character I be saying the samething, BUT since it is Wanda, the level of Meaning is just Complete CLOUD 9 For me and ALL Wanda Fans Threw-n-Threw!!! ^-^
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    This was really wordy. Not quite sure what to make of it.
    Honestly indeed the start of it was, but IMO it was necessary to set-up the premise of what the situation was in both the issue and the serial story as a whole. Honestly I was greatly impressed by the level of detail Robinson gave, it set-up a world and situations building that was impressive and really drew me into the world!

The 2nd half was MUCH Better thanks to that long set-up!

Hope you come to a decision about the book soon on what to make of it, ask ANY Questions of us you like to help you our and Thanks for Supporting the book!

I LOVED this issue and the art is perhaps the best artwork I've ever seen in a comic or ever! Definitely worth the money. Much better then the first issue.

Now after the Secret Wars #9 we know something about the All New Earth. It and the characters on it was made by Franklin, Reed, and Molecule Man.
    Now I start comicbook reading in late 2014 thanks to two specific characters: Spider-Gwen and Ms. Marvel. That said I don't know many things such as if Reed, Franklin, or Molecule Man have experience with magic. I know Reed is a great scientist but usually science vs magic is a running theme.
    Writing that in issues involving myths and magic such as Hercules where he has been informed about the old ways in danger and creatures of myth in trouble and in this series Magic is broken. Could it been the scientists who look to the future messed up on the past and magic causing problems for Hercules, this All New Dr. Strange, and Scarlet Witch?

I am disappointed that the editors didn't establish a letters page.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I am disappointed that the editors didn't establish a letters page.
    I think the series is too small for that. They only do letters pages for series with a high profile and big numbers.

I must say that I was surprised to have this issue be a Greek Pantheon one, though now I'm wondering whether Scarlet Witch will be an "on the road" travelling series... which would fit with the solicitions and actually be great!

On the one hand I get a tired of the "magic has a price" trope.. I think I'm going to have to make a fanart of Wanda chillin' with Rumplestiltskin, haha. But on the other hand it's an interesting conundrum Wanda has gotten herself into. So I'm of two minds of that piece of the story. Seems like every writer does their own spin on how Wanda's powers work or what she can do, which has left her being one of the most confusing characters, powerset wise.

I'm liking the story set up and like others the art is very flattering.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Thanks Allot Winterboy, that means allot, Much More then you can know! Also, Congrats on Natasha's New Book coming out soon, I am FULLY Onboard her Solo as well!

What means the most is that it seems both Robinson and the artist on the book are putting their Full HEART AND SOUL into this Story and what is coming out is one of the Best Stories I have read and it is only 2 issues in! If this was any other character I be saying the samething, BUT since it is Wanda, the level of Meaning is just Complete CLOUD 9 For me and ALL Wanda Fans Threw-n-Threw!!! ^-^
    I'm glad to know you're happy, my friend.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    On the one hand I get a tired of the "magic has a price" trope.. I think I'm going to have to make a fanart of Wanda chillin' with Rumplestiltskin, haha. But on the other hand it's an interesting conundrum Wanda has gotten herself into. So I'm of two minds of that piece of the story. Seems like every writer does their own spin on how Wanda's powers work or what she can do, which has left her being one of the most confusing characters, powerset wise.

I'm liking the story set up and like others the art is very flattering.
    Very Happy you are enjoying the Story Beaubier, Thanks for being apart of reading the Scarlet Witch Solo reading club!

As you put, while in the past with all the changes that Wanda's powerset has been threw and in kind I would agree and start wondering myself about this Magic has a Price thing now with her, I hold back cause now it seems that the whole of Marvel is doing this. In Dr. Strange's book it was even mention this as well, Magic has a price and you have to pay it or bad things will happen? Honestly this is a New Thing Marvel is doing and honestly I don't know whether this is to nerf the power of Magic to bring its power level down a notch or does it have a connection to how Earth Prime was formed by the end of Secret Wars #9 or is it a lead-up to an Event that involves magic?!

It is hard to tell, but one think I know for sure, from Scarlet Witch's Solo, to Dr. Strange's Solo, to Hercule's Solo, Magic is now off balance and is having a price needing to be payed to it and at dangerous level. Honestly it seems now all connected.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    I'm glad to know you're happy, my friend.
    Indeed Winterboy I am, Thanks for the Support and Supporting the book!

Could not have asked for a Better Team the Robinson and the Artist All-Star Team he put together, the Fact that it seems even with Dark Tones and the prospect of death, as long as he is putting they are putting their Heart and Souls and Love into showing this comic in both story and artwise as grand as they do, then that Means the WORLD Towards any Fan Indeed!!!