Default Questions about the Dark Tower comics

I've never read the books, and if I'm being completely honest, I know I never will. Do the comics published by Marvel retell the same story in the original novels by Stephen King? Or do they tell stories not touched on in the books?

I've never read the comics, and if I'm being completely honest, I don't know if I ever will!!

But, I have read the books, as far as I am aware the comics are telling the same story. I'm judging this based on the titles and the cover images, so I'm pretty definite.

I've read them both, up until halfway through the second to last arc of the current, second run(not because of disinterest or anything, just life took some hectic turns).

The first run starts with all the early business of Roland growing up. So, some of the flashbacks to childhood from the first novel, The Gunslinger, and the main story from the 4th novel, Wizard and Glass, which is flashback adventure from Roland's youth. Then it expands into new business during that era, so there is a lot of material that is new to readers of the books. The entire first run, if I'm recalling correctly, ends around the time of a major battle that is referenced in the books but I don't think told in detail, when Roland suffers some major losses.

The new run is going to be an adaptation of the current era stories, so... books 2, 3, 5, 6 & 7. And maybe (probably) 4.5.

EDIT: I'm looking at that list of book numbers and realizing, yes, most of the "current era" story in the first book is also covered in that first run, somewhere along the way. Later in the run, I think.
    Last edited by heiro5; 01-19-2016 at 10:39 AM.