Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Default Spidey and Spider Gwen as Marvel's 'Earth One' and New Ultimate Universe Titles?

I was thinking about the fact that whilst I haven't read any of the new Spidey title yet set in the past for a high school Peter, since it's supposed to have put Gwen Stacy in high school and has elements around classic Amazing Spider-Man stories of that era, whether one could argue that this is Marvel doing what DC does with Earth One by having a universe where characters are just starting off, but are less altered than say the Ultimate Universe by just having smaller changes here and there. And in the mean time we also have Spider Gwen set in a totally different universe, complete with very different takes on Captain America and the like, so I also wonder if her reality ends up basically being the new Ultimate Universe and sister reality? What do you guys and gals think?

BANNED

I wouldn't mind.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Maybe if good takes and books come of it.

There doesn't appear to be any indication that these are shared universes (other books being set in the same world) as with the Ultimate and Earth One books.

The Ultimate and Earth One books tried to feature accessible takes on the classics. Spider-Gwen is more its own thing. Spidey might be meant to be an accessible version of Spider-Man's early days, although I don't think it works very well in that function, given that it's out of continuity, but also requires to have an existing connection to the characters.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Is the OP saying Spidey and Spider-Gwen should be one 'verse, or that Gwen's world could be the next Ultimate line? If the latter, then I'm for it. Expand into the world beyond Gwen's New York City.

If it is Ultimate, its in name only. Ultimate Gwen has so much history, died and came back as a clone, etc.

Should call it Gwen-verse, anyway.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.