Default Silk #3: Where's Stacey Lee!?

I'm a huge Silk fan. See my avatar? Yeah Cindy's my girl lately. But here are some reasons why ..

I started this issue thinking 'Oh noez! Where's Stacey Lee!?" - because Stacey Lee is like
    the peanut butter to Robbie Thompson's killer characterization and fun unpredictable plotting jelly.

This new artist - I almost felt bad wishing Stacey was back, but as the issue wore on Tana Ford's
    unique style grew on me, its reminiscent of Adrien Alphona's work on Ms Marvel: kinda
    dorky but it can also fit with this kind of story, enjoyed it immensely.

The banter with Shrike was classic "If I had to wear my hair in a ponytail that high all the time I'd
    hate everybody too", and other gems of dialogue make this book month after month.

Also, the scenes with her friends and the therapist get deep into what makes her tick, I like this
    girl more and more all the time. She's more than a bit awkward at times because of the bunker isolation,
    but has nerves of steel and cajones bordering on reckless, and you can feel her struggle
    wanting to come out of her shell vs her instincts to retreat back where she didn't have to
    deal with anyone.

She is definitely more markedly her own person vs Gwen and Jenn with every issue. Thompson
    handles her with complexity and depth. And even Ditko took breaks from the original Stan Lee run,
    I'm just unreasonably attached to how I'm used to seeing her drawn!

Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    I'm a huge Silk fan. See my avatar? Yeah Cindy's my girl lately. But here are some reasons why ..

I started this issue thinking 'Oh noez! Where's Stacey Lee!?" - because Stacey Lee is like
    the peanut butter to Robbie Thompson's killer characterization and fun unpredictable plotting jelly.

This new artist - I almost felt bad wishing Stacey was back, but as the issue wore on Tana Ford's
    unique style grew on me, its reminiscent of Adrien Alphona's work on Ms Marvel: kinda
    dorky but it can also fit with this kind of story, enjoyed it immensely.

The banter with Shrike was classic "If I had to wear my hair in a ponytail that high all the time I'd
    hate everybody too", and other gems of dialogue make this book month after month.

Also, the scenes with her friends and the therapist get deep into what makes her tick, I like this
    girl more and more all the time. She's more than a bit awkward at times because of the bunker isolation,
    but has nerves of steel and cajones bordering on reckless, and you can feel her struggle
    wanting to come out of her shell vs her instincts to retreat back where she didn't have to
    deal with anyone.

She is definitely more markedly her own person vs Gwen and Jenn with every issue. Thompson
    handles her with complexity and depth. And even Ditko took breaks from the original Stan Lee run,
    I'm just unreasonably attached to how I'm used to seeing her drawn!
    Tana grew on me too. I'll be ok with her being the occasional fill-in.
    "Never change Jonah". My personal fav from this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by frizb View Post
    Tana grew on me too. I'll be ok with her being the occasional fill-in.
    That was my favorite too! I have to admit, I picked up Silk because of the upcoming Spider-Women crossover (I love me some Jessica Drew so picking up her book was a no brainer). I've found that I relate to Cindy on so many levels it's not even funny. Love this book and will be keeping it on my pull list for some time.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    That was my favorite too! I have to admit, I picked up Silk because of the upcoming Spider-Women crossover (I love me some Jessica Drew so picking up her book was a no brainer). I've found that I relate to Cindy on so many levels it's not even funny. Love this book and will be keeping it on my pull list for some time.
    Were you locked away in a bunker for a decade also?

Quote Originally Posted by frizb View Post
    lol, I love the dynamics reversal:

Peter works for Jonah and perpetually cant do anything right in his eyes, neither can Spider-man.

Cindy works for Jonah and - while she deals with his narcissistic personality also - in the end, she cant do
    anything wrong in his eyes. And neither can Silk.

A bit on the nose sure, but its refreshing after 50 years of Jonah's one track mind. Also, the scene a
    while back when she revealed to him that she was searching for her family, and he decided to help
    her was touching.

He's really not that bad. Except when he is ..

Peter works for Jonah and perpetually cant do anything right in his eyes, neither can Spider-man.

Cindy works for Jonah and - while she deals with his narcissistic personality also - in the end, she cant do

A bit on the nose sure, but its refreshing after 50 years of Jonah's one track mind. Also, the scene a
    while back when she revealed to him that she was searching for her family, and he decided to help
    her was touching.

Yep I love the 'Analog' moments.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

her was touching.

Reminds of the time where Johan was humanize through another Spider-Woman in Alias.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 01-16-2016 at 09:18 AM.