Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default io9's 6 Heroes Who Had Their Asses Thoroughly Kicked by Wonder Woman

io9 gives a list of some of the hero vs hero fights Diana has won.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/6-heroes-who-...nde-1752478328

Seriously, any thoughts?

BANNED

It's your thread. You're supposed to go first. It's actually in the rules.

BANNED

Yeah, they've all beaten her as well, multiple times probably, I don't know I don't keep score, but she's lost many for sure, this list means nothing. But it dumbfounds me that people make a big deal of Wonder Woman beating Batman as if that's somehow...incredible...

For me incredible is when Batman's beaten Wonder Woman ie incredibly stupid lol

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    It's your thread. You're supposed to go first. It's actually in the rules.
    Oh, okay. Well I liked the Superman, Power Girl and Batman fights the best. The one where she beats the Flash by sensing the change in air pressure is a bit difficult for me to accept. Other than that, I think the list is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Oh, okay. Well I liked the Superman, Power Girl and Batman fights the best. The one where she beats the Flash by sensing the change in air pressure is a bit difficult for me to accept. Other than that, I think the list is good.
    Why difficult to accept? She's got enhanced senses and instincts of a hunter ... Personally I think that's amongst the easiest things to accept.

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    Why difficult to accept? She's got enhanced senses and instincts of a hunter ... Personally I think that's amongst the easiest things to accept.
    True but Flash is supposed to be faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    True but Flash is supposed to be faster.
    But it wasn't his speed that was the issue it was her ability to sense his movement. Man hunter should have been the biggest issue for her with his phasing ability and telepathy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    Because the Flash (especially that ludicrously overpowered version of the Flash) move considerably faster than the changes in the air pressure he causes. Or sound for that matter, or light on occasion.
    The Flash moves and his movements cause a ripple in the air around him. Long before that ripple reaches Diana he's already went for ice cream, ran around the world a few times, foiled several crimes, and hit her a few hundred times.
    Last edited by Carabas; 01-13-2016 at 07:41 PM.

BANNED

And to Wonder Woman that should feel like being punched a few hundred times by a ball of cotton seeing as how the Flash is not invulnerable, he can only punch so hard without breaking his own hand.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Have to rain on the parade. Never cared about stuff like that. Give me an entertaining story and never argue the physics of superhero comics (as long as Batman doesn't take out Superman or Wonder Woman with one punch).

Edit: ...but as I have too much time on my hands... Doesn't the speed force give the Flashes superhuman powers and even when not the acceleration does? So... may the force be with you.
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 01-14-2016 at 12:42 AM.

BANNED

Plays a bit fast and loose with whats on the pages and what counts as 'getting their asses thoughoutly kicked', but nice list.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pamp_Lusa View Post
    And to Wonder Woman that should feel like being punched a few hundred times by a ball of cotton seeing as how the Flash is not invulnerable, he can only punch so hard without breaking his own hand.
    He can punch Superman to another continent. Your Flash lore is incomplete. Really, really ludiscously powerful. Also steal speed and add it to his own, so that Wonder Woman herself can barely even move.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pamp_Lusa View Post
    Force equals mass times acceleration.

BANNED

yes yes but his human fist would not withstand the impact, or rather, it shouldn't be able to, unless he's got an adamantium skeleton and supernaturally tough flesh that I'm not aware of...
    Last edited by Pamp_Lusa; 01-14-2016 at 07:51 AM.