Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    so he purposefully turned himself into a dumbass and planned around it?
    Yup. Except he also went beyond dumbass to actual brain death.

And planned round that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post

So.. In effect, you're saying that Tony's years of binge drinking was prep for this- now obviously- inevitable series of events.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post

ok, that's pretty damn good planning.

hmm.... can iron-man win with a................................... BATBUSTER?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rockingmoses View Post
    hmm.... can iron-man win with a................................... BATBUSTER?
    damnit, do you want tony to lose?

If he's building a Batbuster, that means he's the guest-antagonist in a Batman book, since he rarely builds those in his own book. He's much more layered in his own book. So of course the guest-antagonist "I try to solve every problem with a buster-armor" version of Stark is going to lose.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    I can totally see Bruce, in a story, causing Tony to go bankrupt again.

I will admit not knowing much about Nu52, so his hacking and power armor feats there are best answered by others.
    Tony has way better feats of causing Tony Stark to go bankrupt, so Batman loses there, too.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Interesting read, thanks for that. It gives him prep time and tech points, but not so much on-the-fly strategy. I ask because I'm trying to make Stark look less dumb in my H2H story. But then again why wouldn't Iron Man always assume he's the stronger person in an initial confrontation?

Because he often isn't? His arch-enemy can karate-chop holes in him and turn mountains into billion-ton rock-monsters and appears to have more money than most countries. He routinely fights a dragon who can use the Great Wall of China as a whip, an entire organization of mad scientists, world-destroyers and conquerors, and all the while trying to avoid having his tech stolen by intangible, invisible tech-ninjas and spies so good at espionage they are effectively Espionage-Incarnate.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Because he often isn't? His arch-enemy can karate-chop holes in him and turn mountains into billion-ton rock-monsters and appears to have more money than most countries. He routinely fights a dragon who can use the Great Wall of China as a whip, an entire organization of mad scientists, world-destroyers and conquerors, and all the while trying to avoid having his tech stolen by intangible, invisible tech-ninjas and spies so good at espionage they are effectively Espionage-Incarnate.
    I mean in new encounters with unfamiliar foes. If he spots the heat signature of an ordinary human, would he have need to be overly cautious? If you have any critiques of the mini-story I wrote on the first page I'd love to hear them. I think it's a fair prediction but don't want to be unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    I mean in new encounters with unfamiliar foes. If he spots the heat signature of an ordinary human, would he have need to be overly cautious? If you have any critiques of the mini-story I wrote on the first page I'd love to hear them. I think it's a fair prediction but don't want to be unfair.
    Obviously if you try hard enough you can get a scenario where Batman wins . By Rumbles rules , minus PIS and restricted to their own tech , Stark wins

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Tony has way better feats of causing Tony Stark to go bankrupt, so Batman loses there, too.
    And then re-building his company from scratch.
    I wager that even in the 'better businessman' department, Stark oughta take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    Ridiculous statement.
    How do you figure?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoDca6ICs_M Yeah, no similarity there. :-)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    How do you figure?
    I would say Tony trails Batman in pure martial arts skill, detective skills, psychology, and criminal underworld navigation. Obviously as a tech genius he is Batman's superior.