Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Would Win Iron Man or Batman

So I have always been a major fan of DC not marvel. Im not at all a fan of marvel. But one of my friends who doesn't know anything about Dc claims that if Iron Man and Batman were in a fight then Iron man would win. Of Course I disagree completely... But he still will not believe me. He says that iron man is better because he makes his own weapons and he doesn't need someone to make it for him. (luscious Fox) Im Not to sure how to explain to my friend that he is an absolute idiot and that luscious doesn't make everything for batman and that batman would beat Iron Man to a pulp without breaking a sweat. Can someone help me explain to the idiot why he is utterly wrong? Or just help me prove my point to him.

The only thing I can see Bruce and Tony fighting over are women.

An EMP will result in Batman stomping. Better fight would be against Cap. Tony Stark is intelligent and can build/buy weapons, Bruce Wayne is Intelligent and build/buy weapons but only one has trained themselves to be a weapon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    An EMP will result in Batman stomping.
    What about when Iron Man's armor is made from Extremis and whatnot wickedness?

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    An EMP will result in Batman stomping. Better fight would be against Cap. Tony Stark is intelligent and can build/buy weapons, Bruce Wayne is Intelligent and build/buy weapons but only one has trained themselves to be a weapon.
    If you think Tony hasn't got his suits protected against EMP's you are sadly mistaken.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by haywiredonut View Post
    So I have always been a major fan of DC not marvel. Im not at all a fan of marvel. But one of my friends who doesn't know anything about Dc claims that if Iron Man and Batman were in a fight then Iron man would win. Of Course I disagree completely... But he still will not believe me. He says that iron man is better because he makes his own weapons and he doesn't need someone to make it for him. (luscious Fox) Im Not to sure how to explain to my friend that he is an absolute idiot and that luscious doesn't make everything for batman and that batman would beat Iron Man to a pulp without breaking a sweat. Can someone help me explain to the idiot why he is utterly wrong? Or just help me prove my point to him.
    Out of the armor Batman wins. Hands down. In the armor Tony wins. Hands down. Especially if it's the Bleeding Edge armor.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 01-13-2016 at 04:03 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by haywiredonut View Post
    It all depends how you write it. Where are they meeting? Do they know they're fighting in advance?

In order to avoid accusations of prep-time batgod bias, it's best they meet in one of their cities without prior knowledge they're going to fight.

Your best arguments are:

-While both are geniuses, Batman has demonstrated greater wit against more clever foes with less physical capability.

This means in a fight where Ironman is constantly heat-seeking and chasing a guerrilla-warfare Batman in the streets, Batman is likely to walk the head-strong Ironman into a trap, by luring him into an enclosed space or unstable building, or using the element of surprise by obscuring his heat signature somehow. This isn't to say Tony doesn't have a strategic mind as well, we know he does, but he's more secure in direct confrontations. Batman took down the entire Justice League ffs.

-Iron Man's suit, while Tony's greatest strength, it's his greatest vulnerability.

If it stops working, he's trapped in it. We've seen EMP blasts turn Iron Man off before. The writers have gone back and forth on this concept it seems so as to not make it so simple, but I think it's safe to assume some kind of electrical interference will affect the suit, and that Batman has that technology in one of his readily accessible vehicles, if not on his person.

-With prep, Batman has these advantages in strategy (not out of just being smarter, but having to be more cunning without the advantages of a versatile armored suit), but has also been shown to make power suits just as strong (if not as versatile and mobile) as Tony's.

Whether it's against Superman, Darkseid, or the League of Assassins, Batman has busted out the big suits plenty of time. The insider suit is alsoridiculously strong, incorporating limited use of the powers of the mean JLA members.

Now, is this fight to the death? Or until debilitation/capture?

The way I imagine it is like this:

-------------------

Batman is on patrol, perhaps in Gotham, perhaps in another city where Iron Man is doing business. Maybe an abandoned neighborhood where Ironman won't be afraid to use his artillery. Oracle tells Batman that local radars are picking up something huge and metallic coming their way. Tony hacks onto their frequency and tells them to keep out of whatever it is they're competing to get as he zeroes in on precisely where Batman is.

Batman, already likely wearing material that at least partially obscures his heat signature, throws every smoke bomb he has and fills up a whole block with it. Tony rolls his eyes and starts to cut off the exits he can detect with the suit with missile fire or his flamethrower.

Batman sets up his cowl onto the back of the chair with a small fire burning on it in the building with the sought-after thing, and sets up on the cieling, maybe shirtless to get cold while he meditates. Iron Man walks in talking about how futile it is to run. He grabs the cowl, and Batman descends from the ceiling, hitting Iron man from above hard. It hits him solid but Ironman just swats Batman out into the hallway. Batman then detonates the charges he put on the ceiling and the building collapses on Iron Man.

Batman tries to make a run for it, perhaps with the thing they were both looking for. Iron Man is right behind him, flying, now angry. Batman throws like 5 explosive batarangs, which do nothing to Ironman. Ironman blasts batman with his hands. Batman falls, really hurt, holding his ribs. He goes for his belt, but Ironman grabs his hand hard, hurting it, and strips him of the belt. Tony looks at it while the suit breaks down its contents, makes a disparaging comment, but there's a small red light beeping in one of the compartments.

All of a sudden, there's a swoosh from above, and an EMP bomb. It drops, and Ironman's suit starts to glitch and falter. Batman grabs a cement boulder and goes ham. Back of the knee, gut, and the head, which knocks the helmet off (or at least partially off).

Finally, Batman gets all up in his ear and says something like "Don't get in my way again. Or next time, you'll run home with more than a broken toy." After a minute, the suit is back online, and Tony is looking around, alone, gritting his teeth hard in utter frustration and anger towards his self.

Also, I'll say that elements of the extremis armor and the extent to which Ironman can customize his suit for specific enemies, while very cool, are just as cheap as the batgod prep-time trump card from a literary standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    It all depends how you write it. Where are they meeting? Do they know they're fighting in advance?

In order to avoid accusations of prep-time batgod bias, it's best they meet in one of their cities without prior knowledge they're going to fight.

Your best arguments are:

-While both are geniuses, Batman has demonstrated greater wit against more clever foes with less physical capability.

This means in a fight where Ironman is constantly heat-seeking and chasing a guerrilla-warfare Batman in the streets, Batman is likely to walk the head-strong Ironman into a trap, by luring him into an enclosed space or unstable building, or using the element of surprise by obscuring his heat signature somehow. This isn't to say Tony doesn't have a strategic mind as well, we know he does, but he's more secure in direct confrontations. Batman took down the entire Justice League ffs.

-Iron Man's suit, while Tony's greatest strength, it's his greatest vulnerability.

If it stops working, he's trapped in it. We've seen EMP blasts turn Iron Man off before. The writers have gone back and forth on this concept it seems so as to not make it so simple, but I think it's safe to assume some kind of electrical interference will affect the suit, and that Batman has that technology in one of his readily accessible vehicles, if not on his person.

-With prep, Batman has these advantages in strategy (not out of just being smarter, but having to be more cunning without the advantages of a versatile armored suit), but has also been shown to make power suits just as strong (if not as versatile and mobile) as Tony's.

Whether it's against Superman, Darkseid, or the League of Assassins, Batman has busted out the big suits plenty of time. The insider suit is alsoridiculously strong, incorporating limited use of the powers of the mean JLA members.

Now, is this fight to the death? Or until debilitation/capture?

The way I imagine it is like this:

-------------------

Batman is on patrol, perhaps in Gotham, perhaps in another city where Iron Man is doing business. Maybe an abandoned neighborhood where Ironman won't be afraid to use his artillery. Oracle tells Batman that local radars are picking up something huge and metallic coming their way. Tony hacks onto their frequency and tells them to keep out of whatever it is they're competing to get as he zeroes in on precisely where Batman is.

Batman, already likely wearing material that at least partially obscures his heat signature, throws every smoke bomb he has and fills up a whole block with it. Tony rolls his eyes and starts to cut off the exits he can detect with the suit with missile fire or his flamethrower.

Batman sets up his cowl onto the back of the chair with a small fire burning on it in the building with the sought-after thing, and sets up on the cieling, maybe shirtless to get cold while he meditates. Iron Man walks in talking about how futile it is to run. He grabs the cowl, and Batman descends from the ceiling, hitting Iron man from above hard. It hits him solid but Ironman just swats Batman out into the hallway. Batman then detonates the charges he put on the ceiling and the building collapses on Iron Man.

Batman tries to make a run for it, perhaps with the thing they were both looking for. Iron Man is right behind him, flying, now angry. Batman throws like 5 explosive batarangs, which do nothing to Ironman. Ironman blasts batman with his hands. Batman falls, really hurt, holding his ribs. He goes for his belt, but Ironman grabs his hand hard, hurting it, and strips him of the belt. Tony looks at it while the suit breaks down its contents, makes a disparaging comment, but there's a small red light beeping in one of the compartments.

All of a sudden, there's a swoosh from above, and an EMP bomb. It drops, and Ironman's suit starts to glitch and falter. Batman grabs a cement boulder and goes ham. Back of the knee, gut, and the head, which knocks the helmet off (or at least partially off).

Finally, Batman gets all up in his ear and says something like "Don't get in my way again. Or next time, you'll run home with more than a broken toy." After a minute, the suit is back online, and Tony is looking around, alone, gritting his teeth hard in utter frustration and anger towards his self.
    Thanks dude. Very entertaining post.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    Also, I'll say that elements of the extremis armor and the extent to which Ironman can customize his suit for specific enemies, while very cool, are just as cheap as the batgod prep-time trump card from a literary standpoint.
    Please! It's not even close to that. I've seen Batman take down Wonder Woman and Hulk with a kick to the stomach. That's always been his thing. Tony building armors for specific projects. Quite a few Batman fans think Bruce should win by this mode of thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Please! It's not even close to that. I've seen Batman take down Wonder Woman and Hulk with a kick to the stomach. That's always been his thing. Tony building armors for specific projects. Quite a few Batman fans think Bruce should win by this mode of thinking:
    That's not the prep-time argument, that's just bad/inconsistent writing. Lots of street level heroes are often depicted doing damage with their hands and feet that they shouldn't.

Building a suit tailored to counter a specific enemy is just as cheap as Batman developing a strategy to outsmart a particular opponent whenever he has time to prepare. Both can be enjoyable if not exaggerated.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Thanks dude. Very entertaining post.
    My pleasure, got a bit carried away there lol. I'd love to write dialogue if an artist would help me out. I have a similar more prep-timey Batman-Superman scenario I'd love to get drawn before the movie comes out. Might make a thread on it.

BANNED

To be suited or not suited, that is the question. There's no reason Batman can't make power-armour of his own, like the Affleck suit from the upcoming B.v.S movie, only one that enhances his strength and abilities. Batman has EMP gadgets, sure, but Tony's armoured suits may be insulated against that sort of attack (and him personally by Extremis) so it's down to how much damage Bruce can creatively inflict (using weapons, and environment, etc) versus how many big hits Tony lands (repulsor blasts, missiles, fisticuffs etc). The ultimate answer of course is...whoever wins is decided by the writer.

BANNED

Prepman > infinity

tank missile....
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html