Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

No, no God no! A typical Bat Man vs Iron Man, Tony would beat Bruce down. Big time.

Bruce would need to take Tony by surprise and Plot Device/ Prep to stand a real chance.

Marvel gadget genius guys out do DC in stuff like this.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Not quite. It's just that a straight up fight, with or without prep, plays into Iron Man's strengths way more than Batman's. Tony stomps because he uses way greater tech and can create even greater tech with time.

Batman speaks God knows how many languages, is a better hacker, is arguably the best detective in his world, is better at stealth, has better martial skills, is a better trainer, is better at manipulating people, etc. Its just that none of that helps him enough in a straight up fight against Iron Man.
    Yeah. Batman just isn't a great rumbles character. He excels at things that aren't relevant here, like using his mad detective skills to uncover plots before they happen, and discreetly bribing members of Luther's Injustice League to betray Lex at the pivotal moment. Or creating a back up personality in case he comes under prolonged psychological torture and his mind is broken.

There are ways for Bruce to beat Tony in a story, very plausibly. They just aren't relevant to rumbles.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Yeah. Batman just isn't a great rumbles character. He excels at things that aren't relevant here, like using his mad detective skills to uncover plots before they happen, and discreetly bribing members of Luther's Injustice League to betray Lex at the pivotal moment. Or creating a back up personality in case he comes under prolonged psychological torture and his mind is broken.

There are ways for Bruce to beat Tony in a story, very plausibly. They just aren't relevant to rumbles.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    AAAAAH!! Cthulhu in the form of 60's AW Batman doing the Batusi! O_o

(jumps out of a window)
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by haywiredonut View Post
    See I can agree with you that it would be a hard fight for Bruce but in general i do believe that in the end batman would come up with some strategy to beat Iron man and follow through with it.
    Even with his Bat tank from Arkham Knight, Batman won't be able to beat Iron Man.

Part of Batman's appeal to me is his limit, he had a hard time beating venomless Bane, there is no way he can beat Tony.
    All Star B&R might find some weird unreal way to beat Iron Man of that world.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Ok, the other stuff I can grant, but
    is a better hacker
    Based on?
    Tony with Extremis has hacked into many, many things without any difficulties. Technopathy will help you do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Even with his Bat tank from Arkham Knight, Batman won't be able to beat Iron Man.

Part of Batman's appeal to me is his limit, he had a hard time beating venomless Bane, there is no way he can beat Tony.
    All Star B&R might find some weird unreal way to beat Iron Man of that world.
    He will, however , with the Hellbat or Justice buster armours

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    He will, however , with the Hellbat or Justice buster armours
    Well if we take that as valid, Tony can also pack his Thor-Buster and Phoenix-Buster

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Well if we take that as valid, Tony can also pack his Thor-Buster and Phoenix-Buster
    Why should we not take that as valid ? New 52 Batman has only been around for so long . Tony's been around forever and has had his various armours (not other tech like the Dyson sphere ) largely destroyed by the likes of Hulk for the Phoneix buster to be a consistent indicator of his abilities

Besides its not like Bruce built these . Hellbat for instance was specifically forged in the heart of a star by Superman ( and various Leaguer contributions ) . He just happens to own it

The Justice Buster however was built by himself, and even though the new 52 hasn't existed for that long, I still find it hard to swallow that the same Batman that has trouble fighting Street Crime in his solo also builds suits that can hang with Superman-Level beings.

Hellbat for instance was specifically forged in the heart of a star by Superman ( and various Leaguer contributions ) . He just happens to own it
    Just like the Thor-Buster was built on the foundation of the magical Phlebotinum Thor gave Iron Man beforehand. The Phoenix Buster has been deemed an outlier here because it was built by himself, the Thor-Buster however isn`t.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 01-15-2016 at 06:09 AM.

Hacking Wise, Batman is confirmed capable of, if pushed to the extreme, "almost" operating on the level of Cyborg. Well, I dunno if that's right, but he can "Hack Cyborg". Cyborg being the guy who can hack every network in the world at once, as well as alien networks...

The Justice Buster however was built by himself, and even though the new 52 hasn't existed for that long, I still find it hard to swallow that the same Batman that has trouble fighting Street Crime in his solo also builds suits that can hang with Superman-Level beings.
    Deal with it. :0That's the new reality. Batman armors and technology in general have long been upgraded since the old none existence post-crisis. Just like how Superman is operating at a higher level. Post-crisis SMVSL prep is the new high-end feat for Batman nowadays.
    Just like the Thor-Buster was built on the foundation of the magical Phlebotinum Thor gave Iron Man beforehand. The Phoenix Buster has been deemed an outlier here because it was built by himself, the Thor-Buster however isn`t.
    Why wouldn't Thor Buster or any of the Busters be considered valid? Doesn't Tony get to do years of research for these armors and continuously upgraded them only to fail when he confronts the foe in question.

----
    As for the fight, give Batman one-sided prep and yeah he wins. No plot device junk needed at this point. Just Batman being Batman. Or, you know, the Hellbat Armor which is in fact 100% his and a resource he has...I thought it was destroyed but if it's still around...sure why not?

Just to be clear , I wasn't saying Bruce beats Tony. Merely noting that he has better weapons these days than merely a tank . Likewise Tony's built planet busting Dyson spheres and whatnot . In an all out rumbles style prep fight , Tony wins for sure

That doesn't change
    A) the spectacular failure of the majority of Tony's busters
    B) the failure of Tony's armours against class 100s when built by himself alone with no external help

So Bruce with one of his suits these days vs Tony in one of his regular suits ? Bruce wins . This of course , assuming Tony doesn't get prep to make his own suits better . The point being Batman CAN beat him , as he is no longer bringing just a tank to the fight
    Last edited by The Dork Knight; 01-15-2016 at 08:42 AM.

The Phoenix Buster has been deemed an outlier here because it was built by himself, the Thor-Buster however isn`t.
    Given that, IIRC (I'd stopped reading before AvX started), this was the same story in which Brian Braddock punched out the Phoenix, I think there's a lot of feats from that arc that could be deemed as "outliers".

Or another phrase.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Given that, IIRC (I'd stopped reading before AvX started), this was the same story in which Brian Braddock punched out the Phoenix, I think there's a lot of feats from that arc that could be deemed as "outliers".

Or another phrase.
    It was also a story that had the Thing beating Namor, Captain America shrugging off Gambit's explosives, and other funky stuff.

Ok, the other stuff I can grant, but

Based on?
    Tony with Extremis has hacked into many, many things without any difficulties. Technopathy will help you do that.
    Perhaps it would be fairer to say better hacker relative to the tech he works with. Batman's been able to hack Darkseid's superweapons on his own world. I do suppose given all the stuff Tony can summon to his aid to do the hacking for him, Bruce might not win that fight.

I can totally see Bruce, in a story, causing Tony to go bankrupt again.

I will admit not knowing much about Nu52, so his hacking and power armor feats there are best answered by others.
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 01-15-2016 at 10:33 AM.