Quote Originally Posted by datugu View Post
in my case I was more surprised when she had her 18th birthday... I was like "they finally let her become an adult!!!"... even though now as a vampire she is indeed the eternal teen...

Not only that... we can see characters that used to have around Jubes age that now are adults and Jubes is still a kid!!!

And yes... many people didn't like she adopted Shogo, many different reasons, but one is that many people still see her as a 13 - 16 years old kid... and that is why almost always people don't like see her with a boyfriend... it will be almost impossible for her have an adult boyfriend because for everybody is like a kid dating a old man... and will creep many...

But that is only a % of the people, many people have their reasons to hate Shogo, hate the idea of a boyfriend or the idea that she is actually an adult...
Was there a negative reaction? I thought there was mainly a positive reaction. The negative reactions I remember seeing were more along the lines of "how are they going to deal with this kid in the long term?" Well, I thought it was a positive. It seemed in keeping with Jubilee's connection to the theme of family. But I'm actually strangely drawn to the more domestic happenings in comics lately. I'm also intrigued by Jessica Drew's impending parenthood. I may be mellowing in my old age.

And we can see that in SW... the two versions of Jubes are kids...
I'm not reading Secret Wars. It's just too much. I can't keep up with big, event-driven superhero comics anymore. Too much other stuff is going on.

I think that is now time to develop Jubes as an adult... hard when you talk about the adoptive child of many X-men or the eternal little sister of many other characters...
I think one issue is that they never really had a proper coming-of-age arc for her. I mean, Banshee called them all "adults" as her and the other Gen Xers all left the Massachusetts Academy, but I don't think we ever got a feel for any of the Gen X characters' maturation.