Page 84 of 166 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 2482

Great piece by Philip Tan

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post

Great piece by Philip Tan
    Yeah, that's pretty darn cool. Philip Tan does great work.

============

Here's an advance review for Worst X-Man Ever... it's pretty bad, but it does seem to confirm that Jubilee will be in it:

http://www.newsarama.com/27393-best-...an-ever-1.html

Of course, it's still just an alternate universe tale.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Yeah, that's pretty darn cool. Philip Tan does great work.

============

Here's an advance review for Worst X-Man Ever... it's pretty bad, but it does seem to confirm that Jubilee will be in it:

http://www.newsarama.com/27393-best-...an-ever-1.html

Of course, it's still just an alternate universe tale.
    I have not read it yet... is this comic that bad???

I hope Jubes appears soon in some comics... I want to see her and Shougo!!!

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by datugu View Post
    I have not read it yet... is this comic that bad???

I hope Jubes appears soon in some comics... I want to see her and Shougo!!!
    Yeah, I hope Shogo's still around... somewhere... ^_^;;

Well, CBR did a review for it, too, and they gave it four stars, so who knows? But I feel like CBR always gives overly positive reviews to comics that may not deserve them...

Still, looking at Jubilee in the book, her characterization doesn't seem bad and she's actually drawn Asian-looking, too:

And it looks like the print copy of X-Men '92 #1 will be Mar. 30, but if it's also available digitally, that'll be a month before the printed date:
    https://pulllist.comixology.com/sku/...739/X-Men-92-1

Note: the following art is NOT related to X-Men '92, I just thought it was neat and wanted to share:

http://beast-hankmccoy-club.devianta...ypse-579442599
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 01-07-2016 at 02:26 PM.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

POSSIBLE SPOILERS--- News on Jubilee's role in X-Men Apocalypse--- read with caution---

From Superherohype:

News on Jubilee/Lana Condor in X-Men: Apocalypse!!

"There’s one more newcomer on the roster, but in the context of the film she’s been around for some time. Lana Condor takes on the role of Jubilee in the movie, making not only her feature film debut but her acting debut as the spunky character. When Jean and Scott arrive at Xaver’s School, she is quick to befriend them, having already been at the school for the better part of a decade herself. Unlike the fireworks the character is famous for in the comics, the character has what Condor describes as “fire-plasmoid, electricity type” powers in the film.

“I think in this film she serves as a timepiece,” Condor says. “Because you’ll never really forget that you’re in the ‘80s. Because if you’ve seen my costume, I’m straight out of the ‘80s. She also serves as kind of comedic relief at times where things might be a little more tense and real s*** is going down. I would hope that if they were to have another X-Men that Jubilee would have maybe an even bigger character arc, because she’s just starting out, like she’s just figuring out her powers here, so she’s very much in this film developing. But, I would hope that if we were lucky enough to have enough film that she’d be like, yeah!”

Condor punctuated her excitement by making firework sounds."

Also, the same article, and others, mention Jubilee more than once. It obviously seems she will fare better than her previous movie appearances.

The article states that there is a scene where Raven/Mystique, Quicksilver, Beast, Stryker, and some mutant children are all on the lawn of the mansion after it blows up. At the same time, a car pulls up, and Cyclops, Jean, Jubilee, and Nightcrawler all run out and approach the scene. They were playing hooky... as Cyclops steals one of Xavier's very nice cars, and convinces Jubilee, Jean, and Nightcrawler to go to the mall. They see Return of the Jedi, discuss Star Wars, and hang out in an arcade while the mansion is under attack.

AWESOME!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    POSSIBLE SPOILERS--- News on Jubilee's role in X-Men Apocalypse--- read with caution---

From Superherohype:

News on Jubilee/Lana Condor in X-Men: Apocalypse!!

"There’s one more newcomer on the roster, but in the context of the film she’s been around for some time. Lana Condor takes on the role of Jubilee in the movie, making not only her feature film debut but her acting debut as the spunky character. When Jean and Scott arrive at Xaver’s School, she is quick to befriend them, having already been at the school for the better part of a decade herself. Unlike the fireworks the character is famous for in the comics, the character has what Condor describes as “fire-plasmoid, electricity type” powers in the film.

“I think in this film she serves as a timepiece,” Condor says. “Because you’ll never really forget that you’re in the ‘80s. Because if you’ve seen my costume, I’m straight out of the ‘80s. She also serves as kind of comedic relief at times where things might be a little more tense and real s*** is going down. I would hope that if they were to have another X-Men that Jubilee would have maybe an even bigger character arc, because she’s just starting out, like she’s just figuring out her powers here, so she’s very much in this film developing. But, I would hope that if we were lucky enough to have enough film that she’d be like, yeah!”

Condor punctuated her excitement by making firework sounds."

Also, the same article, and others, mention Jubilee more than once. It obviously seems she will fare better than her previous movie appearances.

The article states that there is a scene where Raven/Mystique, Quicksilver, Beast, Stryker, and some mutant children are all on the lawn of the mansion after it blows up. At the same time, a car pulls up, and Cyclops, Jean, Jubilee, and Nightcrawler all run out and approach the scene. They were playing hooky... as Cyclops steals one of Xavier's very nice cars, and convinces Jubilee, Jean, and Nightcrawler to go to the mall. They see Return of the Jedi, discuss Star Wars, and hang out in an arcade while the mansion is under attack.

AWESOME!!!
    Sounds like they're approaching her powers more from the angle of what they ARE, not how she generally uses them.

Some random thoughts.

Not been around here in a while or the fanbase....Last few pages of this thread kinda saddens me. Can't believe a poster actually insulted the Firecracker and everyone let it slide.

Anyway, WofXM is pretty good if you're into AU. Might not be a mainstream title and a bit weird, but better than most of the lead X-titles. It's a fun romp and at least Marvel's trying to do something original. It has a real classic ol' skool X-family vibe in all the oddness.

Also, while so many hate on '92...those high sales got our girl back in the spotlight and a GenX return. It's done pretty good things for us all around and hopefully the new series will continue the trend of pushing characters that have been dearly missed. I appreciate it. A good title to support of you want to see more GenX and Jubes in the future.

I'm pretty happy right now with Jubes appearing in a few 'fringe' books, at least it keeps her out of the current distasteful X-genocide cash-in story lines and FAR away from Lemire's mediocre snorefest.

It is sad we lost Runaways, but then Jubes was mainly used to build up other OC characters. Still, a follow up could've been good.

Currently the only book I'd be happy to see a Jubes cameo is Uncanny, Bunn at least is addressing certain serious issues (although his not doing M a whole lot of favours) Lemire and Marvel are skirting around - it's gonna be the cult 'it' book in years a few, much like Magneto.
    Last edited by Beezzi; 01-21-2016 at 11:20 AM.

When did someone insult Jubilee? I must've missed it.

When did someone insult Jubilee? I must've missed it.
    Few pages back: 'OMG no wonder so and so isn't in Runaways...they would never be stupid enough to fall for any of that.'

Implication...Jubilation is.

Really sad. The Firecracker just isn't a second rate Mary Sue and we expect her to be a person with flaws. Not some super awesome mega mutant. I just thought it was a pretty low blow to post something like that in this thread.

(I know it was motivated by SW sour grapes....but still a bit of respect would've been appreciated.)

Anyway, negativity aside:

Thanks for the film info Jubes_BF - I'll spread the word.
    Last edited by Beezzi; 01-21-2016 at 10:48 AM.

you are very welcome... and I completely missed that! I always say, if you don't have something nice to say... don't say anything at all.

also... MORE DETAILED info on Jubilee in X-Men Apocalypse!!! Awesome stuff!! Source from JoBlo:

"Another fan-favorite character, particularly from Chris Claremon’t ‘90’s run in the comics as well as the ‘90’s animated series, Jubilee is finally getting her fully-formed due from actress Lana Condor, who makes her big-screen debut with the character. Condor discusses Jubilee’s powers, her ‘80’s inspired wardrobe, and her relationship to the other X-Men, especially Jean Grey.

As far as Jubilee's powers go, they will look a little different than in the comics. Condor elaborates, saying,"…Her power in the comic books is fireworks. In this film, I can safely say that her power is more fire-plasmoid, electricity type." Jubilee, unlike the other newcomers to this story, has actually been a staple at the X-Mansion for a while when we meet up with her. "She is a student at the X-Mansion and she’s been here for about 10 years," says Condor.

"So she’s not new, unlike some of the other characters who have just arrived. She’s mostly with Scott, Jean, and Kodi. They’re like her good core friend group. And, I think in this film she serves as a timepiece, ‘cause you’ll never really forget that you’re, like, in the ‘80’s. Because if you’ve seen my costume, like I’m straight out of the ‘80’s, like, they literally took me out. And, she also serves as kind of comedic relief at times where things are-might be a little more tense and real S-H-I-T is going down."
    Jubilee, much like her character in the comics, seems to be retaining her bubbly, tenacious energy, but also her strong attitude, which Condor seems to emulate.

“Like, she’s fun. She’s a really, really, really fun girl. I hope I’m fun, like a person, but Jubilee is very, very fun. She’s very much a student. Like, she knows her subjects and knows her stuff. So, for example if Professor X were to lecture us, like, I’d be the first one to be like, ‘yo, me, pick me, because I know.’ She gets along with everyone. I think maybe at first when Scott kinda came into the school, Jubilee was like, ‘He thinks he owns this place. I’ve been her for 10 years. This is my castle.’ But, now she’s like- he’s a great, great friend. She gets along with everyone. I wish I had maybe a little conflict!”
    Condor goes on to say that her Jubilee is closest with Jean Grey than any of the other characters and that Grey’s powers are explored in great detail, which tend to frighten many of the other students.

“Yeah, she…I guess I’ll say she’s learning, just like all the rest of us, she’s learning how to control her powers. She’s incredibly powerful, but she has no clue. It’s almost kinda like alienating, I think, at least for her in school, when she’s at school with all of us, because she doesn’t know her strength, sometimes. And she can’t control it, I think, sometimes. She lets loose and it freaks people out and they kind of, I feel, she might feel she’s alienated. But, not by me! Because I’m a good friend and I’m like ‘Yeah, yup, still your friend!’”

So, I was right in assuming Jubilee would be like Iceman in X-Men 1. She isn't a huge character in the film, however, is an important one. Like Bobby welcoming and befriending Rogue, especially when other students were afraid of her... Jubilee will do the same exact thing for Jean, Cyclops, and Nightcrawler. She is an existing student of Xaviers of 10 years, shows off her powers, is popular, funny, fun, and caring... and will serve as some comedic relief for the young group. I'm excited.

The new info sounds pretty good. Nice to hear we're not getting airhead valley girl Jubes. A good showing might snag her a spot in the new series of films, much like it did Bobby.

Also, on a sidenote. There's some awesome people here I've horrible neglected for the last few months. (One very sparkly, super talented individual in particular.) I'm working on getting back to everyone who messaged me over the last while with Jubie related stuff. *hug*

For those who asked, we're still looking into updating the Fanlore Jubes entry. It might not be doable, since finding sources is like looking for a needle in a very large and ancient newsgroup haystack.

I am very excited to hear more about her role. She does seem like Iceman in X1 and that can lead to more feature roles if there's a sequel.

So I guess the mall scene won't be her recruitment as was speculated. I do hope she still trashes the arcade some.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I am very excited to hear more about her role. She does seem like Iceman in X1 and that can lead to more feature roles if there's a sequel.

So I guess the mall scene won't be her recruitment as was speculated. I do hope she still trashes the arcade some.
    I agree... and I also feel that Iceman's role in X-Men 1 was a memorable/important one. It wasn't the biggest role... nothing huge at all... but I remember really enjoying his scenes when I saw the movie in the theater. It was nice to see him on screen, and serve a purpose of introducing the audience to the mansion as well as help Rogue become more comfortable there. It's great to also hear that Jubilee's powers WILL be shown in the film. Her role seems obviously bigger than Havok, Toad, and Ink from Days of Future Past... when they had that one scene in Vietnam. That makes me a happy fan.

I agree... and I also feel that Iceman's role in X-Men 1 was a memorable/important one. It wasn't the biggest role... nothing huge at all... but I remember really enjoying his scenes when I saw the movie in the theater. It was nice to see him on screen, and serve a purpose of introducing the audience to the mansion as well as help Rogue become more comfortable there. It's great to also hear that Jubilee's powers WILL be shown in the film. Her role seems obviously bigger than Havok, Toad, and Ink from Days of Future Past... when they had that one scene in Vietnam. That makes me a happy fan.
    Yes, I feel the same way about Iceman. His development sorta happens in the background of the rest and you feel he grows with the film even if he wasn't the center of the stroy. If Jubilee becomes that in the, as Singer puts it, inbetweequels I'll be very happy.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Aside from mention of lighting I like that her powers are not changed. I can't wait for a prominent role for jubes
    X-Men Forever