Page 77 of 166 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 2482
    Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    http://i61.tinypic.com/27xedlw.jpg
    X-men 92 #3 by Sana Takeda.
    That's so nice!

Oh Sana Takeda, it has been too long since you last drew Jubilee! Reunited and it feels so good!

;D
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

X-men 92 #3 by Sana Takeda.
    And in my case I love those two together... I know that they are more like siblings, but I really used to ship those two when I was a kid... still... I love this brother/sister relationship... even though Gambit is more like a mother type character!!!

I really want Sana draw a story with those two... is funny two see those two together... pure sarcasms doubled!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Verthril View Post
    All I have to say, is that I would have killed for Sana to be the artist behind the Runaways, because X-men '92 has 3 issues left and leaves me with the same kind taste that filler in an Anime Series does, when they pull the same kind of tricks all due to budget constraints.

The honeymoon is over, long live the Runaways!

That being said, this is the kind of big brotherly Remy and lil sisterly Jubilee that I ship of these two
    i know... even though Gambit is more a mother type character!!!

aw cute! Id love this artist to do a Gen X series!

do you think Jubilee should get her own book? if so what should it be about? and who is going to be in it?
    The dream is dead, so wake up and fight!

yes she should, and it should finally reunite her with her Gen X co-stars!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkgreed View Post
    do you think Jubilee should get her own book? if so what should it be about? and who is going to be in it?
    I will love to see one about her vampire life... and that she gets her power back...

Half vampire, half mutant... it will be great she gets some friends that are different creatures, all of the misunderstood... maybe fighting against Dracula... and other treats!!!

In many of the old comics they hint that Captain America said he was interested to have her as an avenger... and in M2 look like she was an Avenger in the past... I will love to see her as half part of the X-men and half part of the Avengers...

So maybe she is alone trying to unite her three families: humans, mutants and monsters!!!

I really love how Jubes acts as a big sister with Molly... honestly I love this team XD

Big sis 1.jpg

Big sis 2.jpg

Big sis 3.jpg

This issue was worth it just to see Jubilee make this face.

jubeslol.jpg

The art in this book is really expressive and fun. I also love this character design for Jubilee it's kind of a shame we'll probably never see her look like this again.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moondoggie View Post
    This issue was worth it just to see Jubilee make this face.

jubeslol.jpg

The art in this book is really expressive and fun. I also love this character design for Jubilee it's kind of a shame we'll probably never see her look like this again.
    This book has a rawness to it that it makes up for in the emotional moments, for all the big flashy FX we've become used to, it seems to spend it's time instead giving us beautiful moments like this.

I've fallen in love with Runaway Jubilee as the battleworld expression of our favourite firecracker, where the '92 X-men just seems to be *ahem* style and no substance. I'm still dying for an A-force background cameo of our Jubes and Shogo, but at this point I'm not holding my breath.

I would simply love to see this book carry on past whatever the heck Marvel has in store for the Secret Wars (which....sadly I feel is aimed at pimping their own movie/TV properties, rather than the creative drive of writers/artists). Sad that...

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

She is such an all purpose cipher now. They have no idea what to do really do with the character.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    She is such an all purpose cipher now. They have no idea what to do really do with the character.
    So basically like every character created after the early 1980's.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moondoggie View Post
    So basically like every character created after the early 1980's.
    Yeah, the younger characters especially. They wanted to start a new school after the first X-Men movie, but they didn't want to let the Generation X set of characters grow up. So, they've kind of been stranded in this weird in-between place. I think it's one of the reasons people responded like they did to Jubilee adopting Shogo. It was such a surprisingly grown-up role to allow her to have for Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Yeah, the younger characters especially. They wanted to start a new school after the first X-Men movie, but they didn't want to let the Generation X set of characters grow up. So, they've kind of been stranded in this weird in-between place. I think it's one of the reasons people responded like they did to Jubilee adopting Shogo. It was such a surprisingly grown-up role to allow her to have for Marvel.
    in my case I was more surprised when she had her 18th birthday... I was like "they finally let her become an adult!!!"... even though now as a vampire she is indeed the eternal teen...

Not only that... we can see characters that used to have around Jubes age that now are adults and Jubes is still a kid!!!

And yes... many people didn't like she adopted Shogo, many different reasons, but one is that many people still see her as a 13 - 16 years old kid... and that is why almost always people don't like see her with a boyfriend... it will be almost impossible for her have an adult boyfriend because for everybody is like a kid dating a old man... and will creep many...

But that is only a % of the people, many people have their reasons to hate Shogo, hate the idea of a boyfriend or the idea that she is actually an adult...

And we can see that in SW... the two versions of Jubes are kids...

I think that is now time to develop Jubes as an adult... hard when you talk about the adoptive child of many X-men or the eternal little sister of many other characters...

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

I loved the fact that Lana Condor was cast as Jubilee. Singer being a huge TAS fan I think cast her in part due to the fact she was adopted by an American family at a young age. Like Jubes in episode one at the foster home. I wonder what video game Jubilation will play at the arcade. Hopefully we get a scene with the "stupid jerk arcade manager"
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 09-01-2015 at 09:01 AM.

BANNED

I kind of love the X-Rejects she has teamed-up with the X-Men'92. I'd totally read a series that featured almost a new set of Morlock mutants who are hiding from the Terrigen Cloud underground. Could possibly be combined with the Utopians Bendis set up.