Page 98 of 166 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 2482
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Would anyone be against like Phoenix (616 Jean) returning for ResurreXion and restoring everyone to normal (Jubilee pre vamp, Banshee alive etc)?
    Yes, I would... Let someone else who isn't a "Grey-Summers" (with his/her own unique power set) save the day for once...
    Last edited by ZNOP; 11-05-2016 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    You know when and in what book Jubilee is turned? I'm looking to catch up on are vampire adventures... Thanks.
    She was turned in Curse of the Mutants, I think on 2010-11.

Expanded on in Wolverine and Jubilee Mini

https://www.amazon.com/X-Men-Curse-M.../dp/0785148477

http://marvel.com/comics/series/1302...ee_2010_-_2011

https://www.amazon.com/X-23-Vol-2-Ch.../dp/0785152962

X-23 book gave us pictures of these

https://arousinggrammar.com/2014/07/...-x-23-jubilee/

TV Tropes calls it Lesyay

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

Don't forget the Wolverine Annual from last year... Jubilee and Logan went camping with baby Shogo, which was a really nice read and gave a lot of depth/growth to their father-daughter friendship.
    Also, Jubilee teamed with Captain America and fought Nazi vampires in an underwater submarine in Marvel Team Up.
    I feel that certain writers have really capitalized on Jubilee's vampirism by both maturing her as well as keeping her light-hearted nature in tact. From teaching X-23 about the joys of living life to the fullest and happiest, to renouncing her dark vampiric nature and training with the 'Forgiven' to control her urges and remain a superhero, to finding and adopting baby Shogo... which goes against anything a vampire would naturally do... some aspects of her being turned into a vamp have been pretty cool, in my opinion.
    There are some moments that have kind of ticked me off since she has been a vampire... like when Shogo's dad in Bryan Wood's all female X-Men title very easily kidnapped Jubilee, and she wasn't even able to use her vampire powers at all to try to escape or save her adopted child... it seemed very out of character and nature for Jubilee.
    But, we have also gotten some great moments, like Jubilee killing dozens of zombies in 'Wolverine and Jubilee,' or Jubilee defeating Lord Deathstrike in X-Men, or when she led the team of young mutants to fight sentinels on the beach.

Under the correct writer, vampire Jubilee is pretty powerful, light-hearted, compassionate, and heroic.
    Her powers so far have been-

Strength- able to leg press Rockslide while he is on top of a full rack of weights in the gym. Able to lift huge boulders or motorcycles over her head. Able to lift a train car and throw it.
    Speed- able to speed burst fast enough to catch up to Pixie RIGHT AFTER she appears from teleporting a good distance away.
    Durability- Regenerative healing, as well as immunity from all mortal wounds aside from: beheading, holy water, getting stabbed through the heart by a wooden stake. Her official marvel stats for durability are as high as Wolverine's.
    Hypnosis- can put people in a trance with her powers, if she wishes.
    Clairvoyance/Low Level Telepathy- Not sure if this is the correct name for it, but upon tasting someone's blood, she can see into their memories.
    Animal Control- She can command packs of wolves, as well as possible other animals.
    Claws/Fangs
    Mist form- she can avoid danger by transforming into a cloud of mist, and then reappearing in a safer location. At first, this was very random... but according to her appearances in Hellcat, she is now able to transform whenever she needs to. This power is extremely rare for Marvel vampires, and usually only happens with those that are many centuries old.
    Resistances: unlike most vampires, she can be out in the sunlight for limited amounts of time, due to her healing factor gained from Wolverine's blood and also tech devices that Beast made her.

Incredible Member Chimeratengun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    Don't forget the Wolverine Annual from last year... Jubilee and Logan went camping with baby Shogo, which was a really nice read and gave a lot of depth/growth to their father-daughter friendship.
    Also, Jubilee teamed with Captain America and fought Nazi vampires in an underwater submarine in Marvel Team Up.
    I feel that certain writers have really capitalized on Jubilee's vampirism by both maturing her as well as keeping her light-hearted nature in tact. From teaching X-23 about the joys of living life to the fullest and happiest, to renouncing her dark vampiric nature and training with the 'Forgiven' to control her urges and remain a superhero, to finding and adopting baby Shogo... which goes against anything a vampire would naturally do... some aspects of her being turned into a vamp have been pretty cool, in my opinion.
    There are some moments that have kind of ticked me off since she has been a vampire... like when Shogo's dad in Bryan Wood's all female X-Men title very easily kidnapped Jubilee, and she wasn't even able to use her vampire powers at all to try to escape or save her adopted child... it seemed very out of character and nature for Jubilee.
    But, we have also gotten some great moments, like Jubilee killing dozens of zombies in 'Wolverine and Jubilee,' or Jubilee defeating Lord Deathstrike in X-Men, or when she led the team of young mutants to fight sentinels on the beach.

Under the correct writer, vampire Jubilee is pretty powerful, light-hearted, compassionate, and heroic.

Strength- able to leg press Rockslide while he is on top of a full rack of weights in the gym. Able to lift huge boulders or motorcycles over her head. Able to lift a train car and throw it.
    Speed- able to speed burst fast enough to catch up to Pixie RIGHT AFTER she appears from teleporting a good distance away.
    Durability- Regenerative healing, as well as immunity from all mortal wounds aside from: beheading, holy water, getting stabbed through the heart by a wooden stake. Her official marvel stats for durability are as high as Wolverine's.
    Clairvoyance/Low Level Telepathy- Not sure if this is the correct name for it, but upon tasting someone's blood, she can see into their memories.
    Animal Control- She can command packs of wolves, as well as possible other animals.
    Claws/Fangs
    Mist form- she can avoid danger by transforming into a cloud of mist, and then reappearing in a safer location. At first, this was very random... but according to her appearances in Hellcat, she is now able to transform whenever she needs to. This power is extremely rare for Marvel vampires, and usually only happens with those that are many centuries old.
    Resistances: unlike most vampires, she can be out in the sunlight for limited amounts of time, due to her healing factor gained from Wolverine's blood and also tech devices that Beast made her.
    My guess is because her bloodline is of Dracula than the other houses/coven, which gives hope for some weather powers like lightning or some form of energy blast. I wonder if she still has her New Warrior outfit?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaquar View Post
    My guess is because her bloodline is of Dracula than the other houses/coven, which gives hope for some weather powers like lightning or some form of energy blast. I wonder if she still has her New Warrior outfit?

ehhhh, Dracula's bloodline doesn't seem to be relevant in any capacity, neither Dracula or any of his kids have shown up x-men, or in any book lately(?)

Weather control is a possibility but that would step on Storms territory. I mean look at Pixie's place in compared to Illyana.

as for power gloves...hasn't been mentioned at all. There was an allusion to them Nation X when Jubilee is chatting to Surge.

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    ehhhh, Dracula's bloodline doesn't seem to be relevant in any capacity, neither Dracula or any of his kids have shown up x-men, or in any book lately(?)

Weather control is a possibility but that would step on Storms territory. I mean look at Pixie's place in compared to Illyana.

as for power gloves...hasn't been mentioned at all. There was an allusion to them Nation X when Jubilee is chatting to Surge.
    Just going to have to wait for NOV.23 for Old Man Logan that deals with Dracula and Jubilee to find out why Drac capture her and hopefully is NOT to be his bride cause that cover of Marvel's Vampires that has Dracula spooning Jubilee was beyond gross.

Just going to have to wait for NOV.23 for Old Man Logan that deals with Dracula and Jubilee to find out why Drac capture her and hopefully is NOT to be his bride cause that cover of Marvel's Vampires that has Dracula spooning Jubilee was beyond gross.
    Wait what? Xarus was drac's youngest son, why would he want his son's girl? that like Tywin sleeping with Shae levels of disturbing.

Wait what? Xarus was drac's youngest son, why would he want his son's girl? that like Tywin sleeping with Shae levels of disturbing.
    Here you go
    Marvel Vampire HB.jpg
    Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to dump Bleach in my eye ball.

Sigh, things like that make me recoil from vampires in X-men. That Gwen Stacy slept with Osborn was...disturbing enough for a character I barely knew.

And yes I know there was the Rogue x Magneto thing in the 90's, But that was once in the savage land and he was De-aged to a baby and re-aged to late 40's, she was past 20 by that time.
    Last edited by Likewater; 11-06-2016 at 10:52 AM.

Here you go
    Marvel Vampire HB.jpg
    Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to dump Bleach in my eye ball.
    Hmmmm

Vampires are linked with sexuality...but the more I look its seems a bit rapey.

yeah no...I am against this possible paring.

BANNED

I just started reading the "Curse of the Mutants" storyline and, I must say that I haven't been this entertained in years. I should have read this a long time ago but, the thought of Jubilee being turned by a vampire bummed me out and shelved the arc and forgot about it. Last night's discussion made me want to start reading it -- and, surprise I found out that Jubilation wasn't bitten at all and that the "Terrigen Mist" isn't the only bio-chemical threat freely roaming the planet. I'm only up to part 7 of 18 (no spoilers please) but, better late than never I'm totally digging this.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 11-06-2016 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Link(s) added.

Claws/Fangs
    I never realized how powerful she is now. That would make her the most powerful of the Gen x teens now wouldnt it? or would she be tied with Monet?

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    I never realized how powerful she is now. That would make her the most powerful of the Gen x teens now wouldnt it? or would she be tied with Monet?
    Not really she has a greater variety of abilities and thus greater adaptability, she has less over all destructive abilities but she can fight with more confidence and less fear of ending up on the terrorist watch list.

Cause when your mutant power is plasma and explosions, you can't really wyle-out unless you don't care bout injuring team mates. Look at Bomber in HunterXHunter or Bakugo in Boku no hero. Jubes never had the most "heroic" powerset.

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

Not really she has a greater variety of abilities and thus greater adaptability, she has less over all destructive abilities but she can fight with more confidence and less fear of ending up on the terrorist watch list.

Cause when your mutant power is plasma and explosions, you can't really wyle-out unless you don't care bout injuring team mates. Look at Bomber in HunterXHunter or Bakugo in Boku no hero. Jubes never had the most "heroic" powerset.
    I would say that Jubilee currently has the most variety of abilities to call upon, as a vampire, out of the Generation X cast.

As for Jubilee having her old pyrokinesis powers, and not having the most 'heroic abilities,' I would agree and disagree. My stance against this comes in that I've done martial arts for 25 years, own a martial arts school, and have taught and also worked with many law officers over the years. Jubilee's mutant powers allowed her to consciously choose how powerful her explosions would be, depending on the force necessary in any given situation. She could stun, blind, knock back, knock out, burn, or detonate to so many varying degrees. Just like in real life, there are stun guns/tasers, tactical strobing flash lights, flash grenades, smoke bombs, and grenades/bangs at any varying level depending on the threat level. Jubilee had all of those literally in the palms of her hands, at a pretty much unlimited ammo supply. I've always felt this way. Sure, she couldn't fly... Wasn't super strong... But she had a heck of a lot more variety than Cyclops, Gambit, etc. She could even control where her powers traveled... At one time she shot down the exhaust pipe of a car and caused it to explode.

Now... Take away Jubilee's powers- she still, when powerless, has a desire and yearning to be a true hero... Be it at the political website she worked at, or the ex mutant clinic, or helping Wolverine take down a crime ring that was murdering ex mutants, or gaining a tech suit to help lead the New Warriors.

As a mutant, Jubilee was a true hero... More than most. She refused to kill the men who murdered her parents. She gave CPR to armed soldiers who kidnapped her for Bastion...
    As a vampire... She not once allowed the temptation to kill humans to get ahold of her... And she remains a hero in the community.

Jubilee rocks

I would say that Jubilee currently has the most variety of abilities to call upon, as a vampire, out of the Generation X cast.

As for Jubilee having her old pyrokinesis powers, and not having the most 'heroic abilities,' I would agree and disagree. My stance against this comes in that I've done martial arts for 25 years, own a martial arts school, and have taught and also worked with many law officers over the years. Jubilee's mutant powers allowed her to consciously choose how powerful her explosions would be, depending on the force necessary in any given situation. She could stun, blind, knock back, knock out, burn, or detonate to so many varying degrees. Just like in real life, there are stun guns/tasers, tactical strobing flash lights, flash grenades, smoke bombs, and grenades/bangs at any varying level depending on the threat level. Jubilee had all of those literally in the palms of her hands, at a pretty much unlimited ammo supply. I've always felt this way. Sure, she couldn't fly... Wasn't super strong... But she had a heck of a lot more variety than Cyclops, Gambit, etc. She could even control where her powers traveled... At one time she shot down the exhaust pipe of a car and caused it to explode.

Now... Take away Jubilee's powers- she still, when powerless, has a desire and yearning to be a true hero... Be it at the political website she worked at, or the ex mutant clinic, or helping Wolverine take down a crime ring that was murdering ex mutants, or gaining a tech suit to help lead the New Warriors.

As a mutant, Jubilee was a true hero... More than most. She refused to kill the men who murdered her parents. She gave CPR to armed soldiers who kidnapped her for Bastion...
    As a vampire... She not once allowed the temptation to kill humans to get ahold of her... And she remains a hero in the community.

Jubilee rocks
    True enough, but Jubilee always had trouble moderating her force to appropriate levels, she always had the unfortunate tendency to low-ball attackers. Like when she went up against Hemingway and Vessel. she opted to Blind them rather than, well we know what she did to Brawn's building. Her pafs gave off heat, and when detonated the concussive force of an explosion not something you want in a confined space. So her only options were Low-ball her assailants with blind (wow it's like she is a pokemon) or become a mass murderess.

Another time when Gen-X was assaulted at a airport she was unable to use her powers because of jet fuel a lesson she learned after her unfortunate incident fighting Fenris in a parking garage with damaged vehicles and exposed gasoline fumes. That was the Gen-X 95 annual I believe.

Jubilee has a heroic personality, but her mutant powers were inherently violent, forcing her hand in combat. She did reach a level of expertise in which she disabled a car without destroying it but flesh is a lot less resilient than steel(in most cases). Jubilee was not only aware of her destructive abilities but the secondary and tertiary effects they caused.

Remember when Synch-Emplate used Jubilee's power recklessly next to a boiler in his school? Fortunately Husk was armored up and he either retained some of Monet(1)'s invulnerability or Emplate's damage resistance.
    Last edited by Likewater; 11-06-2016 at 06:20 PM.