Page 121 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 2482
    Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    oh good, I liked her, I hope she can come back some day, with her powers!

I love all this Jubilee art, especially love the one with Logan!
    Or at least with the tech from the New Warriors series.

Supposedly, they got to keep their tech, so Jubilee could bust out hers, as well.

...Chamber can keep his in storage. It was some sort of weird Scottish sonic fairy costume, as I recall, that I head-cannoned into being a misguided attempt to honor his former mentor Banshee, who had at that point fallen.

Love Jubilee as the Future Black Queen of the Hellfire Club fanart. ;D
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Or at least with the tech from the New Warriors series.

Supposedly, they got to keep their tech, so Jubilee could bust out hers, as well.
    Yeah, Night Thrasher let everyone keep the tech suits. I’ve always wondered what Jubes did with hers. That suit had awesome powers. It’s not something you’d just throw in a closet and forget about. If I had it I’d be out tossing cars around for giggles every day. (So it’s probably all for the best that I don’t have it.)

weird Scottish sonic fairy
    Greatest Celtic rock band ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Didn't Wondra also have size changing powers?

Come to think of it, if she'd been wearing the Wondra suit, could Jubes have avoided becoming a vampire? You would think she would've still been using it when she was powerless.

No, she's not a size changer.
    Wizard technology: While she no longer possesses superhuman powers herself, she currently has some derivatives of technology used by the technologically advanced villain known as The Wizard.

Superhuman Strength: Jubilee possesses a variation of the Wizard's Wonder Gloves. The micro-circuits lining the gauntlets are designed to use gravitational waves for the purpose of increasing her strength. While wearing the gloves, Jubilee possesses a degree of superhuman strength sufficient to lift a train locomotive.
    Force Field: The gloves are capable of generating a powerful electromagnetic force field around her. While within this field, Jubilee is highly resistant to physical injury. The field has proven able to withstand high caliber bullets, powerful impact forces, temperature extremes, and energy blasts without sustaining injury.
    Flight: Jubilee has some of the Wizard's anti-gravity technology built into her current costume. She can propel herself through the air at great speeds, though the limits aren't fully known. She is able to reach speeds, however, of at least 100 miles per hour and still breathe comfortably.
    Ghost Mode: Jubilee's costume also has what she refers to as a "ghost mode". This ghost mode renders Jubilee intangible in a way similar to Shadowcat. In this mode, Jubilee literally becomes untouchable and can pass through any known substance. This function was used for emergency escapes.
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Jubilation_Lee_(Earth-616)
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-18-2017 at 08:13 AM.

Oh I was thinking of ghost mode. never mind.

It's funny though. Her Wondra powerset combines elements from Invisible Woman's (the forcefields), Kitty's (intangibility) and Monet's (flight, strength) powersets. It's actually more powerful than her old mutant powers and doesn't have drawbacks like her vampiric powers. If it wasn't destroyed, it really doesn't make sense narratively that she didn't keep using it.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yes she did. Jubilee grew to a giant size and killed a Skrull by squashing him like a bug. I don’t recall if she used it to shrink though.

Yeah, that suit did just about everything. She was basically a one-person team. I’m amazed she doesn’t use it all the time. But that would involve the X-office actually acknowledging that the New Warriors thing actually happened, which they don’t seem to want to do.

If Wondra could go giant (which means we can add Stature's powers to that list I mentioned in my previous post), then that wiki page needs updating. You don't know what issue it was do you?

Why were they able to use those characters anyway? Night Thrasher is the only one who didn't originate from the X office as everyone else were depowered mutants (he'd be from the Spidey office, as that was who controlled the original New Warriors run by the end of it - being Initiative related though, I think this version would've been created by the Avengers office).

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If Wondra could go giant (which means we can add Stature's powers to that list I mentioned in my previous post), then that wiki page needs updating. You don't know what issue it was do you?
    BASK IN MY WRONGNESS PUNY MORTALS!

New Warriors v4, issue #14 - it’s the Skrull that changes size, not Jubilee. The Skrull is hit with Pym particles and shrinks, and Jubes curbstomps him (literally).

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Yeah, Night Thrasher let everyone keep the tech suits. I’ve always wondered what Jubes did with hers. That suit had awesome powers. It’s not something you’d just throw in a closet and forget about. If I had it I’d be out tossing cars around for giggles every day. (So it’s probably all for the best that I don’t have it.)

Greatest Celtic rock band ever.
    Hahaha, totally, especially to the bolded part. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I could've sworn Weird Scottish Fairy did...

Yes she did. Jubilee grew to a giant size and killed a Skrull by squashing him like a bug. I don’t recall if she used it to shrink though.

Yeah, that suit did just about everything. She was basically a one-person team. I’m amazed she doesn’t use it all the time. But that would involve the X-office actually acknowledging that the New Warriors thing actually happened, which they don’t seem to want to do.
    To be fair, no one wants to.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg

To be fair, no one wants to.
    It was a painful time to be a Jubilee fan.

And now for something completely different. Some unusual art, and it’s not fan art. It’s Marvel official. Back in the early 90’s Marvel had a habit of presenting its annual corporate shareholders report in comic book form, with budgetary projections and corporate strategy presented by its popular superheroes. I think we can all agree this is a bug-eatingly insane idea.

Here is a snippet of the 1993 corporate report, as presented by The Great Yellow-Jacketed One.

I can’t make this stuff up, I’m not that funny.

Who's the guy with the X on his head?

Ultimate Member

I would guess that's Jamie Madrox, aka Multiple Man, or one or two of his dupes...

Yes, that’s 90’s era X-Factor Multiple Man. Who was apparently so eager to try on all the latest Marvel fashions he had to make dupes of himself.

It was a painful time to be a Jubilee fan.

And now for something completely different. Some unusual art, and it’s not fan art. It’s Marvel official. Back in the early 90’s Marvel had a habit of presenting its annual corporate shareholders report in comic book form, with budgetary projections and corporate strategy presented by its popular superheroes. I think we can all agree this is a bug-eatingly insane idea.
    Hahaha, yeah, what were they smoking when they came up with THAT idea? XD

Thanks for sharing that bit of rare Marvel art, in any case. ^.^
    Prεtty Pεnny