Page 3 of 166 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

yeah I hope the annual is good. I also wondering what kinda thing Guggenheims going have Jubes do in the space arc hopefully plenty of action
    X-Men Forever

Saved some images from the old forum.

The awesomeness of Phil Noto:

And a nice one by David Yardin:

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

All-New Member

So I've always been a fan of the character from the cartoon, but I've only recently been reading comics with her in it (I've mostly been a Spider-Man guy my whole life). Anything anyone could recommend? This is what I've checked out so far:

-X-Men, vol. 3 (just the first arc where she's turned to a vampire)
    -Wolverine & Jubilee
    -X-Men, vol. 4 (everything so far)

So yeah, not a whole lot, and nothing older than the past four or so years. I have the Touching Darkness arc from X-23 and her later appearances from X-Men, vol. 3 on my list, but I wasn't sure what else. Anything early on worth checking out? Or her appearances in the X-Corps or in New Warriors? I know there's Generation X, but I was hesitant since I've heard some mixed things on the series (basically, great for the first 30 or so issues, big drop in quality, then a fairly decent ending).

Thanks!

Generation X is DEFINITELY worth checking out. Even it's lowest points were higher than some of what's being published today. Also the early 90's adjectiveless X-men (aka the "Blue Team").
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Generation X is DEFINITELY worth checking out. Even it's lowest points were higher than some of what's being published today. Also the early 90's adjectiveless X-men (aka the "Blue Team").
    Nice, thanks! Any issues/arcs in particular from the '90s adjectiveless series and from UXM?
    Last edited by Giordano; 05-26-2014 at 04:49 PM.

Totally agree with Dementia - Gen-X is a must.

If you want a more complete list the old Wolverine and Jubilee site still has a pretty good list for everything up to a few years back: http://wolverineandjubilee.com/backissues.html

Personally I'd recommend: Uncanny X-men: #244, 251, 303(one of the best ever x-men comics),297,318. and Wolverine: 73, 74,75 and anything around 57.
    Last edited by Beezzi; 05-26-2014 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    check out this artwork Laura and Jubilee in swimwear along with Rogue.

http://rzerox21xx.deviantart.com/art...ness-457115115
    Love it!

Here's Jubilee and X-men team Blue by Peter Nguyen.
    http://petervnguyen.tumblr.com/post/...coloring-it-as

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

Lol... So I saw X Men: Days of Future Past today... It was amazing. Anyways... Lol... I noticed Jubilee in the movie for half a second. She was in a VERY brief flashback, that showed a glimpse of her as a student from the final classroom scene in X2.
    So, TECHNICALLY, including the gen x movie, this is the 5th film she has made an appearance in.

Other than that, I highly recommend the movie to any xmen fan.

Ultimate Member

You know, New Mutants/Generation X would make fro a good TV show, should Fox want to get into that game. I know that Simon Kinberg (the DOFP writer) mentioned that the idea of a live-action X-Men TV show had been discussed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    You know, New Mutants/Generation X would make fro a good TV show, should Fox want to get into that game. I know that Simon Kinberg (the DOFP writer) mentioned that the idea of a live-action X-Men TV show had been discussed.
    I'd love to see something like this (to the point I started writing one over on FF.net, lol. For the Jubilee fans: She returns to the school as the guidance counselor after a stint working with problem teens in CA, as a subtle nod to her running a home for depowered mutants in the books ). Having been introduced to the X-Men via the 90s 'toon, I'd have loved to see Jubilee as a bit more than just a cameo in the films, so maybe a live-action series would be a good platform to get some use out of her.

Amazing Member

Didn't make it obviously, but she was apparently intended to be part of the future group at least through the concept art stage.

http://conceptartworld.com/?p=34315

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

Jubilee's concept art makes me sad really... I mean... She keeps getting the shaft in the x men films. However, it seems that bryan singer at least enjoys the character to some extent... As she has been a part of his movies before. Hopefully she is featured in deleted scenes and maybe this is a sign she could be in the next film.

Ultimate Member

Well Singer initially agreed to direct the first X-Men movie after watching TAS (at least that's what I heard anyway), and Jubilee is a main character in that. So it wouldn't surprise me if he's likes her at least to some extent. I think that she was probably just cut for time and pacing's sake (Rogue's role got almost completely excised as well for pretty much the same reason).

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GMT47 View Post
    Didn't make it obviously, but she was apparently intended to be part of the future group at least through the concept art stage.

http://conceptartworld.com/?p=34315
    Thanks for sharing! Yet another film she was ALMOST in, haha.

Interesting that they picked Jamie Chung for the concept art for Jubliee. I wonder if this is as close as she got to being cast. She also gets fan-cast as Psylocke a lot. I personally think she'd be better for Psylocke... because of "Samurai Girl," we already know she can handle a katana!

Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

BANNED

Hopefully if there's another film set in the present/future, Jubilee will get a chance to appear. I always find it funny just how badly most audiences seem to underestimate how powerful she actually is (probably in part due to the 90s toon). I mean seriously, she's flinging PLASMA. That wouldn't blast a person across the room, it would burn a hole straight through them (a large enough blast would probably outright VAPORIZE someone).

I'd love to see the look on an audience's face if Jubes ever got the chance to REALLY cut loose on someone in the films.