Page 113 of 166 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 2482

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Uh... the movies and comics are a bit different there. Also, it wasn't Steven Strange using magic. Even in the movies all the known methods for curing vampirism may or may not kill the person.
    Hannible King? yeah the fact Vamparism is a magical curse from an elder god makes it really hard to remove. Chathon is pretty malevolent the only way for her to restore herself (In Universe) is to get boon from a being of equal power or greater power. And few beings of that power bother or just out right Kill most mortals like you or I would swat a mosquito.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    Hannible King? yeah the fact Vamparism is a magical curse from an elder god makes it really hard to remove. Chathon is pretty malevolent the only way for her to restore herself (In Universe) is to get boon from a being of equal power or greater power. And few beings of that power bother or just out right Kill most mortals like you or I would swat a mosquito.
    What if there was a loophole? Like, what if someone being sired by a vampire the usual way was a sort of ritual. And what if instead someone was instead changed in a really stupid way like, I don't know, a vampire suicide bomber.

Just suggesting the possibility.

Sure I don't see why not in universe, I mean they could have restored Jubilee to stock in Age of X, like they did with Chamber but it was an editorially mandated thing.

Marvel could "cure" Jubilee at any moment, using any explanaition, if they wanted to, but they don't!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osvaldoeaf View Post
    Marvel could "cure" Jubilee at any moment, using any explanaition, if they wanted to, but they don't!
    I'm seriously bummed with her appearance (or lack there of) in GenX...she's used more like a joke and in maybe 2 panels. The vampire thing is boring and happened during those awkward Twilight/TrueBlooe era years. It was in fashion at the time now it's passe.

Amazing Member

Yeah, I'm still looking for my moneys worth with the Generation X reboot, and thus far I haven't seen it. The art and writing are terrible, Jubilee is entirely unrecognizable, and the spirit of the previous book isn't there in the least. I swear, this is just Marvel looking to make a quick buck on nostalgia, whilst sabotaging it behind the scene by putting their 'lovable losers' in charge of it.

Funny coincidence, My Hero Academia, has heroic characters with much more situational/ crappy powers than the "Losers" of Gen-X(2017) pretty much standing in contrast to marvels trajectory.

Last edited by Likewater; 09-14-2017 at 12:31 PM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXv7sb4KOP8

I watched this and looked at the comments, so many people are surprised jubilee had a baby only to be let down that it was an adopted.

Its funny, when one looks at Aqualad's family, or Arsenal's daughter, or Spoiler's kid, or Donna Troy's kids in DC, you get these characters have lived. It just reminds me how Jubilee and all of the Gen-X class has been screwed developmentally. Cannonball had a kid!, as Did Syrin and Jamie! yeah it was taken away tragically, geeze Rahne had a damn kid, after a one night stand.

Poor Jubilee gets slapped in the face by writers and editors.

Those Titans kids were all wiped out by New 52, weren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Those Titans kids were all wiped out by New 52, weren't they?
    Almost worst, Donna Troy's child, Tempest aka Garth wife Dolphin and Child, and Arsenal's daughter were all killed off in various stories BEFORE the reset. in the new 52 they were merely wiped from history as those characters have not sired or conceived children yet.

But at least they forged relationships and had children as a result, the X-office is too busy killing of Jubilee's peers to be bother with her having a relationship. The Jubilee/Chamber ship came out of their interactions in Kevin Grevioux's New Warriors, as he was the only male character her age she had an emotional heart to heart conversion with all decade. The guy who wrote X-men 93' just ran with that.

BANNED

LOVED IT when Jubilee joined the New Warriors under the guise of Wondra!

To me, such an AWESOME look!

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    Almost worst, Donna Troy's child, Tempest aka Garth wife Dolphin and Child, and Arsenal's daughter were all killed off in various stories BEFORE the reset. in the new 52 they were merely wiped from history as those characters have not sired or conceived children yet.

But at least they forged relationships and had children as a result, the X-office is too busy killing of Jubilee's peers to be bother with her having a relationship. The Jubilee/Chamber ship came out of their interactions in Kevin Grevioux's New Warriors, as he was the only male character her age she had an emotional heart to heart conversion with all decade. The guy who wrote X-men 93' just ran with that.
    Dolphin? The same Dolphin I've heard was in Aquaman's book (either recently or by the end of the year - I haven't read that series but have seen solicits)?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Dolphin? The same Dolphin I've heard was in Aquaman's book (either recently or by the end of the year - I haven't read that series but have seen solicits)?
    That was before DC rebirth, but she was killed in Atlantis, the wiki's can better tell you when.

http://www.cbr.com/powerful-x-men-ranked/

showed up in my phones data stream, they did Jubes a disservice I think, or am I being too hard? She is on "the list"

Jubilation Lee is one of the many X-Men characters often mocked for her powers. Introduced in Uncanny X-Men #244 in 1989, she started out as a homeless mall rat but eventually became a part of the Emma Frost and Banshee-led team of mutants in Generation X. Fans often misconstrue her powers as the simple ability to create firework-like blasts from her hands, but her former teacher Emma Frost has diagnosed her powers as the ability to destroy matter at the subatomic level, which is what creates her so-called fireworks.

Still, because Jubilee prefers not to harm anyone, she rarely ever utilizes her abilities to the fullest, and thus she generally comes off as a Dazzler clone without the awesome sense of fashion and music talents. -CBR

Well, Jubes used her powers to blow up buildings several times. So she does have the ability to do big stuff with them.