Page 152 of 166 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 2482

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Okay, so I'm imagining it going like this. She's shopping in Madripoor, she finds the symbiote/coat and then it kind of whispers in her ear "Hey, why not dress like Robin if he had to put together his costume from stuff at Goodwill?"
    Attachment 67173
    And a bonafide legend was born.

Anyway, since we're talking clothes, who thinks Jubilee could use a new costume? [Rasies Hand]
    I think the black one-piece with the short version of the yellow jacket that she’s wearing in Mystery in Madripoor works really well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    I think the black one-piece with the short version of the yellow jacket that she’s wearing in Mystery in Madripoor works really well.
    I don't know. I'm not digging all the black now that her "gothic phase" is over. I mean, black is alright. It matches pretty much everything. But a little extra color would be nice. Putting X-Men in all black suits is just so . . . Brian Singer.

I do agree about the shorter jacket, though.

The short jacket fits her well. I wonder how it would look like with her Nation-X attire that she wore on the cover with Northstar and Gambit.

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

Okay, so I’m going to be getting a Jubilee tattoo soon... thinking heavily of the design. I want her shooting plasmoids in a more classic look. I’m going through my hundreds of Jubilee appearances in comics (I’m pretty much a living Jubilee library...)
    What are some of your favorite Jubilee action shots as ideas for my tattoo?

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    Okay, so I’m going to be getting a Jubilee tattoo soon... thinking heavily of the design. I want her shooting plasmoids in a more classic look. I’m going through my hundreds of Jubilee appearances in comics (I’m pretty much a living Jubilee library...)
    What are some of your favorite Jubilee action shots as ideas for my tattoo?
    Awesome idea, fan dedication at its finest!

Personally I’d go with one of her three (arguably) most iconic images:

The first one is probably the most tattoo-friendly, but there are no plasmoids (unless the tattoo artist can put them in for you, which I imagine they could).

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

Thanks for the suggestions... I’ve thought of all of these, with the 2nd and 3rd pictures being on ‘my list,’ for possible tattoos.
    These are some other favorites of mine:

EFE37CE5-B841-4193-8440-786EE91FB436.jpg

6444BEB9-B248-46BE-A793-05E57639E748.jpg

6254B24C-3766-4C74-814F-419D0CC8FD46.jpg

Ghost of the Stratosphere Not BAMF's Avatar

Thank you for sharing this post from someone who so obviously started reading comics in the '90s (not a bad thing. It's just . . . Jubilee and Kyle Rayner. Definitely a '90s kid).

Basically, what he seems to be saying is that they rolled back some of her physical attributes, but not her character development. Thus, it seemed less like a regression and more like an end to a specific phase of her story. Whereas with the other character, he seemed to get worse as he regressed.

I can see where he's coming from. It's arguable that physical attributes like powers don't really matter all that much. However, it's debatable because, if they weren't important then why do they have them at all? But yeah, even though she's back to being a living, breathing mutant, she's still teaching at the school (I think) and she's still Shogo's mom. She's definitely got more of an adult feeling to her than she did. Though, it's weird because it feels like a lot of this development happened off-panel. At least the big moments did.
    My first comic ever was Detective Comics #602, so... mid-1989. Yeah, 90's, indeed.

Anyway, yes, I am the guy behind that article! I do agree that powers are not important to a character in general, and I'm not a power geek or anything like that. I just meant that in regards to both Kyle and Jubes, they underwent pretty radical changes that completely altered what their powerset even was. These changes were drastic and lasted several years in each case, but then within a few months of each other, they were reverted back to their factory settings, and that felt like a weird upending of what they'd gone through. I was just comparing how I felt Strain did it and made it feel like a completed story arc, whereas Vendetti's work felt more like a careless throw away of progress.

But yes, I am a huge Jubilee fan. My bio on our site lists my Favorite Characters as "Jubilee, and everyone else is tied for second". So whenever I get a chance to throw her out in a blog or a podcast segment, I do. And I did again this week, that I thought everyone here might enjoy!

My review of Jubilee & Wolverine.

I am excited to find an entire Jubilee topic online, too, haha. I'll have to stick around here!

Quote Originally Posted by Not BAMF View Post
    I am excited to find an entire Jubilee topic online, too, haha. I'll have to stick around here!
    Thank you, both your articles and your presence are appreciated!

On another note, I finally got to use Jubilee in Marvel Puzzle Quest today! I’m really impressed - her character is CRAZY powerful and kicks an obscene amount of ass. I just wish the comic writers would take a cue from this game.

On another note, I finally got to use Jubilee in Marvel Puzzle Quest today! I’m really impressed - her character is CRAZY powerful and kicks an obscene amount of ass. I just wish the comic writers would take a cue from this game.

I busted my butt to get her champed as quickly as I could after she came out. She isn’t as top tier as s lot of other 4* characters, but she is fun and different.

Astonishing Member

How do you get her? I've been playing the game but haven't figured out how to unlock this character.

How do you get her? I've been playing the game but haven't figured out how to unlock this character.
    Go to the “Story” tab at the top and play “Simulator”. She’s not added to your roster (dammit), but you get to use her temporarily and see her power suite.

Astonishing Member

Go to the “Story” tab at the top and play “Simulator”. She’s not added to your roster (dammit), but you get to use her temporarily and see her power suite.
    I'll try it. I realize now that getting her for the roster might be something linked to a specific time and event that's already passed. Like how I ended up with Level 70 Cloak and Dagger because I logged in the day their TV show premiered.

I'll try it. I realize now that getting her for the roster might be something linked to a specific time and event that's already passed. Like how I ended up with Level 70 Cloak and Dagger because I logged in the day their TV show premiered.
    Those events tend to be cyclical - they (or some variation of them) usually come around again.

Lots of Jubilee goodness yesterday at the comic shop. I bought the first two collected volumes of the original Genrration X and the first two TPBs for X-men 92

Quote Originally Posted by Not BAMF View Post
    Lots of Jubilee goodness yesterday at the comic shop. I bought the first two collected volumes of the original Genrration X and the first two TPBs for X-men 92
    Nice choices - the Lobdell/Bachalo run from early GenX is (IMO) one of the greatest things Marvel has ever produced, and the art from X-men '92 is a helluva lot of fun.