Page 1 of 166 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default Jubilation Lee: Jubilee Appreciation 2018

This is a thread for fans of the great yellow-jacketed one to discuss her – why they love her, her character development and changes, her many trials and tribulations, images and fan art, etc.

Spunky, exciting, brash, outspoken, colorful, witty, outgoing and bighearted. She’s all these things and more.

Great pics, that mini with vamp jubes and wolvie was one of my favorites, we need that pic of jubes and laura in paris.

Her vampirism must be removed!

Quote Originally Posted by keeper444 View Post
    Great pics, that mini with vamp jubes and wolvie was one of my favorites, we need that pic of jubes and laura in paris.
    Ask and ye shall receive.

X-Men #13 (2014), Rachel Dodson and Terry Dodson

X-Men #2 (2013). Everything with Jubilee and Shogo is awesome.

X-Men #3 (2013)

I could never get tired of Jubilee and Laura moments. They make an excellent team. Opposite personalities that play off each other so well. I hope we see them team up again sooner rather than later.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Moondoggie View Post
    I could never get tired of Jubilee and Laura moments. They make an excellent team. Opposite personalities that play off each other so well. I hope we see them team up again sooner rather than later.

Agreed, that's a fun big/little sister relationship.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I'm curious what's next for her aside from the drama vs Shogo's Dad.
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    I'm curious what's next for her aside from the drama vs Shogo's Dad.
    Well Brian Wood's latest X-Position had a couple of interesting things to say. Nothing specific though.

Ultimate Member

Yes the Jubilee and X-23 dynamic/friendship is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Ask and ye shall receive.

thanks I loved this comic, laura/jubes have a great chemestry togheter, even that scene in the northstar wedding was great, I didn't care for making jubes a vampire, however I haven't been enjoying her too much as a mom.
    Last edited by keeper444; 05-03-2014 at 12:17 PM.

Ultimate Member

Yes, there isn't any totally intentional subtext to that scene at all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Yes, there isn't any totally intentional subtext to that scene at all.
    Heh. Vampires have been all about subtext since Stoker.

That said, I do think it ends at subtext and never becomes text. Laura and Jubilee have a great sisters vibe going, and anything more would just be weird (like Laura and Gambit).

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Heh. Vampires have been all about subtext since Stoker.

That said, I do think it ends at subtext and never becomes text. Laura and Jubilee have a great sisters vibe going, and anything more would just be weird (like Laura and Gambit).
    Well, yeah, if you think of them as "sisters," that would be weird. I guess that's the beauty of comics, where comments and actions between characters are up to your own interpretation of "chemistry," more so than in other media.

Laura and Jubes are much closer in age than Laura and Gambit, though, so it wouldn't be as weird to me. And it's odd to think of it, but there really hasn't been a better love interest for Jubilee since Generation X ended, has there? I can think of Robin (from the brief Marvel-DC crossover), Synch (from Generation X, dead), Raizo Kodo (I shudder to think), and then there's Laura.

So, personally I'd like to see them become a couple and Penance become Jubes' bestie again, the best of both worlds.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Well, yeah, if you think of them as "sisters," that would be weird. I guess that's the beauty of comics, where comments and actions between characters are up to your own interpretation of "chemistry," more so than in other media.

Laura and Jubes are much closer in age than Laura and Gambit, though, so it wouldn't be as weird to me. And it's odd to think of it, but there really hasn't been a better love interest for Jubilee since Generation X ended, has there? I can think of Robin (from the brief Marvel-DC crossover), Synch (from Generation X, dead), Raizo Kodo (I shudder to think), and then there's Laura.

So, personally I'd like to see them become a couple and Penance become Jubes' bestie again, the best of both worlds.
    I think there was a one shot when she and skin could start dating at the end, I don't remember well, it was when she was trying to became an actress, it was never show what happened after and skin was dead next time they appeared when they were crusified by the purifires. Poor jubes she has a terrible luck dating