Page 127 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 2482

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I mean if you're going to fight in a skirt, short would be the way to go. And not JUST for the panty shots. Freedom of movement and less to get in the way, ya'know? Although I dunno that that's really a look I'd see for Jubes. The short-shorts yeah, but not so much the skirts. But yeah, LOVE short skirts. Truly the miniskirt is one of mankind's greatest inwentions.

Yah, I may have had a bit to drink tonight. Bourbon is a great cure for writer's block, but come tomorrow when I review tonight's work I'll be wondering WTF I was thinking...
    I once spent an evening posting on ComicVine with my laptop in one hand and a bottle of Chianti in the other.

I’m not on ComicVine anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

My apologies if these have already been posted in this thread, but I saw them and I LOVED them.

BANNED

Dementia5, i have a question for you in the Penance appreciation thread.

Phoenix Resurrection #3 is out, and Jubes had even less of a role than in #2. She’s only in one panel, getting off the Dove with Bobby’s group when the big team hits the desert at the end of the issue.

Not a huge deal, after all it’s not her book. I’m just happy she’s involved in such a big event. But I really hope that we’re not going to get some sort of editorial “bait and switch” with regard to her repowering.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Phoenix Resurrection #3 is out, and Jubes had even less of a role than in #2. She’s only in one panel, getting off the Dove with Bobby’s group when the big team hits the desert at the end of the issue.

Not a huge deal, after all it’s not her book. I’m just happy she’s involved in such a big event. But I really hope that we’re not going to get some sort of editorial “bait and switch” with regard to her repowering.
    The recent discussion about Messiah Complex really makes it hit how just how lackluster later events have been. This lacks the "all hands on deck" feel an event of this scope SHOULD have.

The recent discussion about Messiah Complex really makes it hit how just how lackluster later events have been. This lacks the "all hands on deck" feel an event of this scope SHOULD have.
    Agreed. Also the numerous issues with continuity that PR has would have been largely resolved if they had involved the side stories (ie: the teams searching for missing telepathic teammates) in the current ongoings. Jubes and company might have resolved PR’s whole “no psychics” issue in GenX by having it out with Monet, separating her from her brother and plopping her in front of Cerebro. Meanwhile over in ANW, Laura and company investigate the Logan sighting. It all would have felt better handled.

BANNED

Agreed. Also the numerous issues with continuity that PR has would have been largely resolved if they had involved the side stories (ie: the teams searching for missing telepathic teammates) in the current ongoings. Jubes and company might have resolved PR’s whole “no psychics” issue in GenX by having it out with Monet, separating her from her brother and plopping her in front of Cerebro. Meanwhile over in ANW, Laura and company investigate the Logan sighting. It all would have felt better handled.
    Yeah, I like this. Or they could have had the confrontation between Bobby's team and Magneto in ANW, so they would have had room to actually explore Laura and Hellion forced to work together.

This really should have been a line-wide crossover.

Yeah, I like this. Or they could have had the confrontation between Bobby's team and Magneto in ANW, so they would have had room to actually explore Laura and Hellion forced to work together.

This really should have been a line-wide crossover.
    Or if they chose to go with the mini route just not use everyone! Aside from glorified cameos (that can be done just fine in the Jean dream world) the X-Men as a whole had no real use in the story. I am all for seeing my favorites, but the Laura thing annoys me too. The 05 thing annoys me. The friggin' Kitty of it all annoys me.

It should've just been those closest to Jean and have a throw away line that the other teams were off dealing with stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Or if they chose to go with the mini route just not use everyone! Aside from glorified cameos (that can be done just fine in the Jean dream world) the X-Men as a whole had no real use in the story. I am all for seeing my favorites, but the Laura thing annoys me too. The 05 thing annoys me. The friggin' Kitty of it all annoys me.
    Actually none of that really annoys me. It’s an X-men event, so they should all (or at least mostly) be there. I just kinda wish Jubes had a bigger role than “straight up just bites a guy in the neck to see if he’s human” (WTF? What if he had been?) in issue 1, “gets snapped at by Beast for no damn reason, then gets chosen to lead a search team that no one ever sees” in issue 2, and “hey look in the background - is that her?” in issue 3.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    It should've just been those closest to Jean and have a throw away line that the other teams were off dealing with stuff.
    But at least have the other titles actually show them doing that stuff. Done properly as a line-wide event, Jubilee’s search team should have been shown looking for Monet in GenX as part of the crossover. This may also have had a positive impact on sales numbers for that (and other) series. I really think Marvel missed an opportunity here across the board.

Just leaving this here. No matter where you fall on the idea of her as a vampire, it’s worth a read.

Also, this is my 1000th post on the CBR forums. Just felt fitting to do it in this thread.

Just leaving this here. No matter where you fall on the idea of her as a vampire, it’s worth a read.

Also, this is my 1000th post on the CBR forums. Just felt fitting to do it in this thread.
    As I have stated, Jubilee could work as a vampire especially under Kim Harrison (Hollows), Jim Butcher (Dresden), or Patricia Briggs (Mercy Thompson) , but with marvel? I don't think they have the right talent or mindset. Though think their Star Wars is ok, I believe the Darkhorse era was better.

I doubt Marvel could pull off an Honor Harrington, Babylon 5, Shadow Run, or Dune.

So it turns out that Christina Strain is not just a great writer and artist, but a talented colourist as well. Here’s the practice image of Jubilee drawn by Amilcar Pinna from a few pages back (in black and white) coloured by Strain.

Here’s another Pinna image coloured by Strain (this time Husk).

The thing is, those complaints could be more or less leveled against any version of Jubilee, because writers haven't seemed to know what to do with her ever since she stopped being Wolverine's sidekick. Whether she's a vampire or not is largely irrelevant. Writers just don't seem to think of her as star material, which in turn makes her a sidekick without anyone to stand behind.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    The thing is, those complaints could be more or less leveled against any version of Jubilee, because writers haven't seemed to know what to do with her ever since she stopped being Wolverine's sidekick. Whether she's a vampire or not is largely irrelevant. Writers just don't seem to think of her as star material, which in turn makes her a sidekick without anyone to stand behind.
    But Jubilee was not Logan’s sidekick in 75 issues of Generation X and did just fine. As a character she has no less potential for storytelling and development than any other character (and more than many). It just takes the right writers with the right ideas. That’s an issue faced by many characters, not just Jubes.

I don't mind the vampire bit, but she doesn't struggle as much with staying out of the sun, bloodlust, generally being dead and stuff as much. If it's just to give her better powers then I do protest, Jubilee's powerset isfine, and is not one impossible to expand on.