Page 100 of 166 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 2482

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I'd expect a top-flight reality warper (Franklin, Legion) could do it, as well. Presumably Elixir could as well given his ability to reorder organic matter (just because Jubes is undead doesn't mean she's no longer organic).
    Reality warpers surely could, dunno about Elixir. Dunno all that much about Marvel vampires but if vampirism is treated as a magical curse then there are limits to what he can do about it.

Astonishing Member

I think if they were going to do it, it would probably have to be some once-in-a-lifetime occurrence so they can explain why they can’t just go around curing every vampire. Also, it might have to rely on something special about Jubilee and her situation. For example, the way she was changed was different because of the . . . sigh . . . vampire suicide bomber (I’m sorry, but it sounds more ridiculous every time I write it). So, maybe without the degree of ritual usually used in changing people into vamps with the biting and mixing of blood, maybe it has less of a hold on her.

Honestly, I always thought the best option to set her back to rights completely would be exposure to a Celestial Life Seed. It could potentially bring her “back to life” and restore her powers. Of course, you can’t do something like that without adding in some kind of repercussion, so I’d have the “vampire infection” that gets driven out of her evolve and take on a life of its own by becoming some kind of monster that exclusively feeds on mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    I think if they were going to do it, it would probably have to be some once-in-a-lifetime occurrence so they can explain why they can’t just go around curing every vampire. Also, it might have to rely on something special about Jubilee and her situation. For example, the way she was changed was different because of the . . . sigh . . . vampire suicide bomber (I’m sorry, but it sounds more ridiculous every time I write it). So, maybe without the degree of ritual usually used in changing people into vamps with the biting and mixing of blood, maybe it has less of a hold on her.

Honestly, I always thought the best option to set her back to rights completely would be exposure to a Celestial Life Seed. It could potentially bring her “back to life” and restore her powers. Of course, you can’t do something like that without adding in some kind of repercussion, so I’d have the “vampire infection” that gets driven out of her evolve and take on a life of its own by becoming some kind of monster that exclusively feeds on mutants.
    Maybe, Hannibal King was cured of vamparism via the Tome of Darkholme a massive blood transfusion, and his Good alignment.

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/hannibal-king/4005-12710/

But Jubilee doesn't really hang out with that part of the marvel universe.
    Last edited by Likewater; 11-12-2016 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Favorite Jubes video game appearance?
    X-men Legends

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

In case y'all haven't heard yet, Jubilee is coming to Marvel Heroes 2016 (or maybe 2017, by the time she arrives, lol) as a Team-Up, which means you'll be able to pair her with your favorite clawster, if that's Logan or Laura. As for me, I'll have to keep waiting and hoping for Penance.

But still, exciting news!

Happy 100 pages of Jubilee Appreciation!

Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

I was searching for runaways trade paperbacks.

I was being tongue-in-cheek that Jubilee is only still a vampire because the artists love the design, but now I am really starting to believe Goth/Dark/Vamp Jubilee is a design they like.

She even uses her mutant type powers.

Did marvel just really want her goth?

Did she really look goth in that? She looked a bit more punky than anything, mostly she just looked like a delinquent. I did like that design though the piercing is cool and she had her regular powers plus I am completely on board with hot lesbian Jubilee XD. Just as a character design and character I wish they kept this version after that whole event.

At this point I think they keep pushing the vampire thing just to annoy the fans the editors seem to be the only ones who like it.
    In protest against Marvel's constant ignoring of Surge.

It does seem strange that Secret Wars Jubilee was apparently turned into a vampire despite apparently never having been affected by M-Day (I guess Avengers Disassembled never happened in her native domain). What it does show though, is that despite now being undead, they could still restore her X-gene. Maybe curing the M-pox will have the side effect of revealing a way to repower depowered mutants? That would definitely be a Resurrxion for the mutant race!

Quote Originally Posted by Moondoggie View Post
    Did she really look goth in that? She looked a bit more punky than anything, mostly she just looked like a delinquent. I did like that design though the piercing is cool and she had her regular powers plus I am completely on board with hot lesbian Jubilee XD. Just as a character design and character I wish they kept this version after that whole event.

At this point I think they keep pushing the vampire thing just to annoy the fans the editors seem to be the only ones who like it.
    I guess I really don't know the difference between Punk and Goth, but yeah Brian Wood wanted to turn her back but was shot down by editorial that's why so much cover art has her using her powers on his run.

Quote Originally Posted by Moondoggie View Post

I like it.

Incredible Member Chimeratengun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    I like it.
    Me too. Without it, her motherly persona with Shogo would have never existed, hell she would be tossed to limbo or worse a victim of the T-Mist.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaquar View Post
    Me too. Without it, her motherly persona with Shogo would have never existed, hell she would be tossed to limbo or worse a victim of the T-Mist.
    You like the Personality?

The Vampire Powers?

Or the Design?

I mean Brian Wood wrote Generation X counter X, I don't think he would have reverted her to base personality. I mean neither Shogo or her maternal traits come from vamparism.

Incredible Member Chimeratengun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    You like the Personality?

The Vampire Powers?

Or the Design?

I mean Brian Wood wrote Generation X counter X, I don't think he would have reverted her to base personality. I mean neither Shogo or her maternal traits come from vamparism.
    All three. So get off my ass .

True about the vamparism but it did set the stage for her and Shogo in the mother/child role, so it has some merit.

As for Woods, didn't he get Jubilee beaten up by a Japanese Super Mario who wanted Shogo for something or was that a different writer? Cause if that was true then shame on him for writing it.

Astonishing Member

I don't know. I think that story could still have happened regardless.

All three. So get off my ass .

True about the vamparism but it did set the stage for her and Shogo in the mother/child role, so it has some merit.

As for Woods, didn't he get Jubilee beaten up by a Japanese Super Mario who wanted Shogo for something or was that a different writer? Cause if that was true then shame on him for writing it.
    No judgment my man.

It was Woods who gave her the kid, she had been a vampire since 05. Marjorie Liu and her guest star in X-23 but Lui is and admitted Jubilee fan, so again what happened wasn't contingent on vamparism.

So Brian Wood (Who previously wrote the character)
    Marjorie Liu (Who is an admitted fan)
    Kate Leth who writes Patsy Walker a.k.a Hellcat

For a half decade? In the beginning marvel was pushing the vampire thing, but the fad ended and only 3 writers really used her as a vampire since then. There have been smaller single stories but none were contingent on vamparism. She is usually treated as a mutant with a somewhat generic power set.

Frankly I am guessing that why Wood wrote her getting "beaten up by Japanese super mario", to point out it is how she is written not her power set.

I mean look at Armor, her power set is easy to "take seriously", created by a superstar writer, in one of the most well received titles "Astonishing" despite all that she has quickly faded into the background now with Glob Herman(want he killed off by morrison) and Martha(?) getting time in "Extraordinary" over her. Armor is not a bad character, I am guessing she just doesn't stand out.

Personality is contingent on character development, character design on writers and artists. On a team generic powers can sink a character, marvel has dropped its vampire push leaving her a 'mutant' with a generic power set.