Page 101 of 166 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2482
    Incredible Member Chimeratengun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    I don't know. I think that story could still have happened regardless.
    Maybe your right but I do know that "New Warrior Jubi" and 'Vamp Jubi" is at least trying to be a grown-up in her own right and not some 90's sidekick that shoots fireworks almost every writer wants to drag her back to just to please the old fans.

I don't know, maybe I'm bias cause I'm a extra-normality(supernatural)fan so I'm being Way too much of an A-hole to admit that I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaquar View Post
    Maybe your right but I do know that "New Warrior Jubi" and 'Vamp Jubi" is at least trying to be a grown-up in her own right and not some 90's sidekick that shoots fireworks almost every writer wants to drag her back to just to please the old fans.

I don't know, maybe I'm bias cause I'm a extra-normality(supernatural)fan so I'm being Way too much of an A-hole to admit that I'm wrong.
    Do you happen to follow Dani Moonstar? in many regards she is highly similar.

The can telepathically manifest your worst fears, and sometimes your greatest desires.

in X-force she pulled a "Focused totality"-esque psychic arows.

She was also a Valkyrie, has cosmic reality power she got form...some where. Arcadia? my memory is hazy. so many attempts at modification, when all ther writers needed was some creativity.

A character rises or falls on the writers not their power set. Peter David has written great stories with character treated as trash by other writers. Both Lobdell and Feaber treated jubilee's powers and development seriously, Chuck Austin did not.
    Last edited by Likewater; 11-20-2016 at 10:23 AM.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

The pope did something with Jubilee today

He ended debt!? cause unless he does that, its not a real Jubilee.

But the pope can't influence us policy....so I'm still in debt

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post

The can telepathically manifest your worst fears, and sometimes your greatest desires.

in X-force she pulled a "Focused totality"-esque psychic arows.

She was also a Valkyrie, has cosmic reality power she got form...some where. Arcadia? my memory is hazy. so many attempts at modification, when all ther writers needed was some creativity.

A character rises or falls on the writers not their power set. Peter David has written great stories with character treated as trash by other writers. Both Lobdell and Feaber treated jubilee's powers and development seriously, Chuck Austin did not.
    The last time I saw/read about Dani was in Fearless Defenders#9 and that one time she dated Donald Pierce's nephew(Justin I think was his name) in New Mutants.
    I heard about her Valkyrie powers but I was told that she got less respect than Rachel cause she is too op(witch makes no sense since Magik is on the same level)

ARGHHH! AUSTIN!(shake hands at the heavens)

Anyway, back to Jubilee. I wonder what Her rouge gallery would be? I'm sure Dracula and Xarus are at the top of the list, maybe Black Cat or Lord Deathstrike.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

He ended debt!? cause unless he does that, its not a real Jubilee.

But the pope can't influence us policy....so I'm still in debt
    Pope Francis to end Jubilee Year by closing the Holy Doors at St. Peter's

Not Catholic so not sure what it even means

The last time I saw/read about Dani was in Fearless Defenders#9 and that one time she dated Donald Pierce's nephew(Justin I think was his name) in New Mutants.
    I heard about her Valkyrie powers but I was told that she got less respect than Rachel cause she is too op(witch makes no sense since Magik is on the same level)

ARGHHH! AUSTIN!(shake hands at the heavens)

Anyway, back to Jubilee. I wonder what Her rouge gallery would be? I'm sure Dracula and Xarus are at the top of the list, maybe Black Cat or Lord Deathstrike.
    Gallery?

Emplate, Sabertooth, Bastion, Omega Red, as far as personal beefs(through fear or abuse) go.

If Jubilee hates Dracula its because he killed Xarus.

As for Xarus, Jubilee has never shown any ill will to him at all. They almost seemed like lovers in Curse of the mutants.

Gallery?

Emplate, Sabertooth, Bastion, Omega Red, as far as personal beefs(through fear or abuse) go.

If Jubilee hates Dracula its because he killed Xarus.

As for Xarus, Jubilee has never shown any ill will to him at all. They almost seemed like lovers in Curse of the mutants.
    Not sure if Emplate or Bastion are still alive and both Sabertooth and Omega Red have switched side but for how long?

I'll wait till Old man Logan to see if Drac is on her ****-list to be sure.

Xarus I'm sure the other X-men probably convinced her that he mind-raped her or something so.

Emplate is currently in a symbiotic relationship with his sister M. His face is on the palm of her hand! Read Uncanny X-Men.

Dani Moonstar still has her Valkyrie powers - read next week's All-New X-Men Annual.

As for Jubilee, yeah Black Cat would certainly be one of her rogues, because of current events in Patsy Walker AKA Hellcat!

No judgment my man.

It was Woods who gave her the kid, she had been a vampire since 05. Marjorie Liu and her guest star in X-23 but Lui is and admitted Jubilee fan, so again what happened wasn't contingent on vamparism.

So Brian Wood (Who previously wrote the character)
    Marjorie Liu (Who is an admitted fan)
    Kate Leth who writes Patsy Walker a.k.a Hellcat

For a half decade? In the beginning marvel was pushing the vampire thing, but the fad ended and only 3 writers really used her as a vampire since then. There have been smaller single stories but none were contingent on vamparism. She is usually treated as a mutant with a somewhat generic power set.

Frankly I am guessing that why Wood wrote her getting "beaten up by Japanese super mario", to point out it is how she is written not her power set.
    Whoops! My bad, I thought it was Woods that wrote Curse of Mutants, so that explains a lot and sorry for jumping at you .

Just to clear things up:

She hasn't got the cosmic powers any more. She went back to her original powers, started to loose them, then got hit by M-day. After that, Hela gave her back the Valkyrie powers.

OP? She's a generic strong girl with the ability to see death coming. She's getting by on strength of personality, not an interesting power. Much like Jubes.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Just to clear things up:

She hasn't got the cosmic powers any more. She went back to her original powers, started to loose them, then got hit by M-day. After that, Hela gave her back the Valkyrie powers.

OP? She's a generic strong girl with the ability to see death coming. She's getting by on strength of personality, not an interesting power. Much like Jubes.
    Imagine how interesting to could be if writers married that same strength of personality with their unique power sets.

basically gave em the Bat-man treatment or bokuno hero, effectively use what you got.

I am not saying a writer needs to get a degree in psychology. What is fear?

is it irrational? can it cause in action or over-reaction? Does Moonstar have a personal library on the mental states and psychological profiles of expected opponents? Can she instill paranoia in an opposing unit. Can she create a desire so great she can cause an enemy to break formation?

1:30 for example

Same with Jubilee, what is the logical extent of her powers, besides a Gambit/Havok hybrid?

I always imagined something like this

Can she use her "Pafs" to glide along the ground?

What if she lined her knuckles with "Paffs" before striking some one?

Or the Blade of her foot? Or elbow?

Can she cluster them together for a concentrated effect?

Can they burn through armor before exploding beneath it? or does burning through material use up the plasma's energy?

Are "Paffs" globules, more durable that streamer?

Generation X had 3 novels, the later 2 Cross Roads and Genogoths explored applications of her abilities.
    Last edited by Likewater; 11-20-2016 at 06:28 PM.

I wonder if she still has Angelo's ashes around. This thought just came into my mind. haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    I wonder if she still has Angelo's ashes around. This thought just came into my mind. haha.
    no he was a Selene minion in Necrosha.