Page 103 of 166 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2482

I love how some artists gives Jubilee Vampire pink eyes and not red, it will be great if all do this:

JubPink.jpg

Also he said she was a missing mutant, I don't know if the reason is because she is in a mutant data base (from the time she was a mutant) or the robot detect her a mutant (maybe she is still a mutant but her powers are dormant):

MutJub.jpg
    Last edited by datugu; 11-30-2016 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by datugu View Post
    I love how some artists gives Jubilee Vampire pink eyes and not red, it will be great if all do this:

JubPink.jpg

Also he said she was a missing mutant, I don't know if the reason is because she is a mutant data base (from the time she was a mutant) or the robot detect her a mutant (maybe she is still a mutant but her powers are dormant):

MutJub.jpg
    probably just a plot hole, Marvel seems intent on not repowering Jubilee, Dani, or Prodigy. Jubilee will likely be a vampire till the current editorial staff gets booted for incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    probably just a plot hole, Marvel seems intent on not repowering Jubilee, Dani, or Prodigy. Jubilee will likely be a vampire till the current editorial staff gets booted for incompetence.
    Still... I love that she is a vampire, the problem is that writers don't know how to develop a vampire character, I will love that she is vampire and mutant in same time, better if there is a incompatibility between her mutant powers and her vampirism!!!

As a vampire Jubilee has show how strong she is, she fight every day against her thirst and she is against to kill or hurt even though is part of her instinct!!!

Quote Originally Posted by datugu View Post
    Still... I love that she is a vampire, the problem is that writers don't know how to develop a vampire character, I will love that she is vampire and mutant in same time, better if there is a incompatibility between her mutant powers and her vampirism!!!

As a vampire Jubilee has show how strong she is, she fight every day against her thirst and she is against to kill or hurt even though is part of her instinct!!!
    Like I said when she was first turned if Jim Butcher or Kim Robinson was handling Jubilee or anyone with Modern Fantasy chops I would have been all for it. But Jubilee as a vampire is wasted as things currently are.

Fricking Morbius had his own book, a Spider-man C-lister.

Incredible Member Chimeratengun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    Like I said when she was first turned if Jim Butcher or Kim Robinson was handling Jubilee or anyone with Modern Fantasy chops I would have been all for it. But Jubilee as a vampire is wasted as things currently are.

Fricking Morbius had his own book, a Spider-man C-lister.
    Hey now, don't ****-talk about my boy Mike BUT you are right about them dropping the ball on Jubi when they had the chance. I hope she is done well in the new Gen X and the second part of Old Man Logan.

at least we'll get to see more Jubes/Chamber/Husk interaction... would have liked Monet too but I think she's beyond teaching kids at a school now.

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

It sounds as if the writer really understands a few important aspects to Jubilee's character:

- She is resilient, and doesn't let much phase her.
    - She is an obvious choice to teach young mutants (and mother her own adoptive son.)
    - Her experiences have given her a valuable, happy mindset that can help mentor more troubled/harassed/ignored students.

It's also very good to see that Chamber... and hopefully Dani, Husk, and Magik... will be able to show up from time to time.

With that being said, is THIS the best that Jubilee can teach? Shouldn't she be leading a more powerful, capable team of characters in Pixie, Anole, X-23, Rockslide, Surge?
    OR... does this actually say that Jubilee is a superior teacher in that she is being asked to handle (with care,) several students who are pegged as 'losers?' For her to actually form a lasting connection and bond with these teens... it would speak volumes on her impact as a teacher/leader.

I'm sort of torn on excitement for this series. I'm thrilled that Jubilee is finally leading her own team. However... I'm worried that this isn't as good as it can be with how little these characters are known. I'm also optimistic in that maybe she will prove to others that these kids are actually heroes underneath their strange exteriors.

BANNED

Glad to see Jubilee back in comics, but I'm sad to see her in a teacher role with lesser annoying X-characters.

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    It sounds as if the writer really understands a few important aspects to Jubilee's character:

- She is resilient, and doesn't let much phase her.
    - She is an obvious choice to teach young mutants (and mother her own adoptive son.)
    - Her experiences have given her a valuable, happy mindset that can help mentor more troubled/harassed/ignored students.

It's also very good to see that Chamber... and hopefully Dani, Husk, and Magik... will be able to show up from time to time.

With that being said, is THIS the best that Jubilee can teach? Shouldn't she be leading a more powerful, capable team of characters in Pixie, Anole, X-23, Rockslide, Surge?
    OR... does this actually say that Jubilee is a superior teacher in that she is being asked to handle (with care,) several students who are pegged as 'losers?' For her to actually form a lasting connection and bond with these teens... it would speak volumes on her impact as a teacher/leader.

I'm sort of torn on excitement for this series. I'm thrilled that Jubilee is finally leading her own team. However... I'm worried that this isn't as good as it can be with how little these characters are known. I'm also optimistic in that maybe she will prove to others that these kids are actually heroes underneath their strange exteriors.
    Ahh yes the "student body", a repeat of Spider-man and the X-men, which is the latest attempt or ape Morrison's weirdness no other writer has been able to do.

I enjoy Patsy Walker, and I hear good things about the Unbeatable Squirrel Girl so I don't turn my nose up at lighter comics, But "Lovable Losers"...is banking a lot on characters with 0 histories.

Banshee, Emma Frost and Jubilee in 1994.

Jubilee, Chamber, and Quire in 2016?

The 1st six issues better be "on fire", either comedic manor or dramatically, cause there is a reason the Grant Morrison dynamic doesn't fly without that particular writer.

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

I did some research on some of these new characters that Jubilee will be teaching... and actually found myself rather intrigued about Nature Girl. She apparently is mute (like Penance,) and can control animals as well as communicate with nature. I found an article actually praising her for being a refreshing new face to the X-students, as she was generally peaceful, a mystery, and deserves more time to shine. Well, its a good thing for her that she will be in the new Generation X! Her problem is that she really is underdeveloped and hasn't had much time to shine. The fact that she apparently doesn't talk also has freaked other students out from time to time.

Also, Eye Boy doesn't JUST have eyes everywhere on his body. He can use his extra vision to sense magical waves in the air, body language and feelings of others, infrared spectrums, is an expert marksman, and several other abilities enhanced from his vision. His problem is that he is self conscious and faces bullying for his appearance...

I'm not saying this new series is going to be absolutely amazing, but it is interesting to see a writer that hopes to develop these lesser known characters and give them some time to shine. After all, Jubilee (and all of the other X-Men) were at one point new... with writers taking a chance at making them work. These so called losers might actually become someone's favorite character some day. I remember absolutely hating Pixie AND X-23 at first, but then, under the correct writers I really came to enjoy them.

That reminds me, Bling is gonna be in this book based on the cover. Last time she and Jubilee interacted, she kissed Jubilee. Sure there was the whole thing with her and Mercury that was resolved but I wonder if that'd at all be brought up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    That reminds me, Bling is gonna be in this book based on the cover. Last time she and Jubilee interacted, she kissed Jubilee. Sure there was the whole thing with her and Mercury that was resolved but I wonder if that'd at all be brought up.
    It was one panel,

Remember that whole 3rd summers brother controversy that came from 1 word balloon decades ago and became Vulcan. Jubilee's roll is as instructor and bling is a student lets see how that fits.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    I did some research on some of these new characters that Jubilee will be teaching... and actually found myself rather intrigued about Nature Girl. She apparently is mute (like Penance,) and can control animals as well as communicate with nature. I found an article actually praising her for being a refreshing new face to the X-students, as she was generally peaceful, a mystery, and deserves more time to shine. Well, its a good thing for her that she will be in the new Generation X! Her problem is that she really is underdeveloped and hasn't had much time to shine. The fact that she apparently doesn't talk also has freaked other students out from time to time.

Also, Eye Boy doesn't JUST have eyes everywhere on his body. He can use his extra vision to sense magical waves in the air, body language and feelings of others, infrared spectrums, is an expert marksman, and several other abilities enhanced from his vision. His problem is that he is self conscious and faces bullying for his appearance...

I'm not saying this new series is going to be absolutely amazing, but it is interesting to see a writer that hopes to develop these lesser known characters and give them some time to shine. After all, Jubilee (and all of the other X-Men) were at one point new... with writers taking a chance at making them work. These so called losers might actually become someone's favorite character some day. I remember absolutely hating Pixie AND X-23 at first, but then, under the correct writers I really came to enjoy them.
    i think what's sad is people don't want those characters in the book they just want their favorites which is understandable but at the same time if Generation X Didn't pick these characters then what book would?

imagine if these characters were real in another dimension and for every character lost to limbo they would simply be as good as erased from continuity...left to the empty abyss the black void where they cannot interact with anyone else and other characters do not acknowledge their existence

for characters that really don't have much history and were seemingly created just to throw under the bus...it's insane to think they don't have any potential at all inside them when most of them are a blank canvas waiting to be painted

So Up coming Gen-X

time to re open the shipping lanes.

Jubilee X Xarus: they did have that vibe

Jubilee X Chamber: ehhh, Dracula and Clan Akkaba have a lot of bad blood. Yes they are not prototypical members but do you see it ending well?

Jubilee X Nighttrasher II: Donyell is still NT right? and the new school is in central park? New Warriors might show up.

Barring any resurrections that's it, those are the men in her life. She did try to sucker Raizo...but I don't think that counts.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

i really dont care for shipping lol. i hioe she doesnt get a relationship in the book. especially just because. i want it more organicly. i can pinpoont someone id want myself lol
    X-Men Forever