Page 105 of 166 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2482

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    Unfortunately she hasn't been his sidekick for over twenty years. I like Jubilee her and Wolverine work well together. I personally would have her in Wolverine's book and on his team.
    You might be on to something, better 17 years as a side kick with supporting character development, than being stuck in limbo. He most consistent run to date was Griveaux's New Warriors. She was barely used Woods' X-men compounded by the problem that it was a book between big events. Everything else was guest stars and a Wolverine and Jubilee mini, well anything good.

That Shojo book, and Austen are best forgotten.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Couple of pix from the artist of the upcoming Generation X book.

Plus we get to see Jubilee in her natural habitat in April 2017 in the Hellcat book.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Holy CRAP her face looks bad on that cover. The exaggerated teeth remind me of propaganda art of Japanese people from WWII.

That Hellcat issue will be a tribute issue for her before she leaves the book, I expect. After all, Generation X should start in May. If Patsy isn't cancelled, they'll probably want to replace her with someone else - Jubes herself was originally a replacement for She-Hulk after the events of CW2.

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That Hellcat issue will be a tribute issue for her before she leaves the book, I expect. After all, Generation X should start in May. If Patsy isn't cancelled, they'll probably want to replace her with someone else - Jubes herself was originally a replacement for She-Hulk after the events of CW2.
    I wish they could keep Jubilee in BOTH Hellcat and somehow Generation X at the same time. I absolutely love Hellcat... makes me laugh my butt off while reading it, which not a lot of comics can do.
    Actually, how come no one has pitched a Jubilee solo series that is similar in style/art to Hellcat or Squirrel Girl? Jubes has shown up in both of those series rather successfully, and she has such a large assortment of allies AND enemies in the Marvel (and DC) Universe.

In regards to the Gen X cover with big teeth Jubilee front and center... I sent a tweet to the author explaining how some people are finding it offensive. I never heard back.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    I wish they could keep Jubilee in BOTH Hellcat and somehow Generation X at the same time. I absolutely love Hellcat... makes me laugh my butt off while reading it, which not a lot of comics can do.
    Actually, how come no one has pitched a Jubilee solo series that is similar in style/art to Hellcat or Squirrel Girl? Jubes has shown up in both of those series rather successfully, and she has such a large assortment of allies AND enemies in the Marvel (and DC) Universe.

In regards to the Gen X cover with big teeth Jubilee front and center... I sent a tweet to the author explaining how some people are finding it offensive. I never heard back.
    I'm still waiting for her to guest spot on ANW. I want to see Gabby babysitting Shogo while Laura and Jubes have a girls' night.

Personally I'm not offended by the cover myself, just pointing out the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Holy CRAP her face looks bad on that cover. The exaggerated teeth remind me of propaganda art of Japanese people from WWII.
    This was my exact reaction lol, it's almost getting to the point of being offensive.
    In protest against Marvel's constant ignoring of Surge.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Yeah, she kind of looks like a skeleton there, but fortunately it's just something the artist was playing around with to get a feel for the various characters' personal styles. It's not a cover, as far as I know.

My advice is for people to just try not to focus on it. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yep. I think I read the Hellcat book is ending, though, which is too bad since it was written with a lot of humor and heart. Of course, it's still there in April 2017, so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post

Jubilee would definitely be a good fit for such a series, though if she ever had a solo, I hope it would take at least a SLIGHTLY more serious tone, or at least have its darker issues here and there, like Generation X did back in the day.

Again, I don't think that pic is an official cover; I only said it was art from the upcoming Gen X artist. If you click the picture, you'll be taken to the page where he said it was "just for fun." Art isn't photo-perfect and I'm sure it wasn't his intention to exaggerate the teeth. He's just got to work on his open-mouth smiles.

Here's his Twitter page if you wanted to tweet to the artist directly (please be polite):

https://twitter.com/amilcarpinna

I'm still waiting for her to guest spot on ANW. I want to see Gabby babysitting Shogo while Laura and Jubes have a girls' night.

Personally I'm not offended by the cover myself, just pointing out the problem.
    Gabby and Penny babysit Shogo together, please. ;D

And then spin them off into an "Adventures in Babysitting" subplot while Laura and Jubes are enjoying their night out on the town.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Very cool....

Wada Generacion x 1 hip Hop variant

BANNED

I take your advice to heart Starleaflady

I forgot how well Hank and Jube's played off each other

So, my buddy and I do a comic book podcast - we're both AVID fans of the X-Men, it's what we grew up on, got us into comics, etc. But we got into comics during different eras, because we're about 10 years apart in age, which makes for some interesting conversation. So in this most recent one, we've got up to the X-Men of the 80's which includes Jubilee... Now most will want to punch me for what I say about her, but you may love Maico, who actually really likes her. It was a fun exchange (under the part about our X's - last segment of the podcast). If you care to listen, it's here:
    http://comicreliefpodcast.com/archives/1375
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!