Page 11 of 166 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Ahhh...the good old days. But (on a happier note) I'm hoping Woods does us a good one and makes sure Jubes kicks the Future's stupid rear. Also for you in the Jubes-mutant-power-camp, I feel that next few issues might be your best bet for Jubes ever getting her powers back. If someone trying to steal your son isn't a good enough reason to re-mutate, what is?

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    So who was the best Jubilee Love interest?

Synch?

Skin?

Xarus?

That confidant relationship she had with Chamber in New Warriors and again in Age of X?

Or Laura? for the Jubilee/X-23 fans out there.
    I think synch was the best, it really anoys me how all her love interest end dead, skin died without sense and the rest of gen X allmost never talk to each other that bothers me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    Off the top of my head;

Mandarin (but he abducted Wolvie and Psylocke as well)
    Bastion
    The "Worst Named Villain Ever" Future
    There were other times in GenX, but the kids tented to get kidnap as a group. (When Emplate did, Jubes saved the whole team.)
    With Angelo and everyone else by the Church of Stupidity
    Xarus didn't kidnap her, she went willingly...or....OK it's a grey area
    Raizo kinda did abduct her in a weird, for-your-own-good way.
    Omega Red once grabbed her for like 3 minutes.
    Kitty once nabbed her from the Academy. (She was only X-Women Viper didn't manage to brainwash. Mentally shielding maybe?)

It's not just that she gets abducted a lot, it's that she's always on the list of mutants who get jobbed.

Punisher007 makes a good point at least we have a pretty cute Shogo...
    To add a little more insult to injury I believe she was also one of the children kidnapped at the mansion in the X-men 2 movie by Stryker's men.

And on the other topic of romance I'd say X-23 and her fit together very well. On the guy side, Chamber and her seemed to work well together in the occasional scenes they had after Gen X.

They were apparently together in the Days of Future Past reality, too, which makes it all even sadder:
    when did this happen? do you mean the movie?

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    when did this happen? do you mean the movie?
    There was an Days of Future Past/ Wolverine Limited one-shot comic series a few years back and Jubes and Ev are a couple in it. I've been looking for some images from it to post here the other day. I'll take a look again later ans see what I find.

It's pretty good and Jubes is classic, spunky, smart Jubes.

BANNED

There was an Days of Future Past/ Wolverine Limited one-shot comic series a few years back and Jubes and Ev are a couple in it. I've been looking for some images from it to post here the other day. I'll take a look again later ans see what I find.

I've got you covered

Wolverine: Days of Future Past
    Last edited by ZNOP; 07-13-2014 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Link(s) added.

Awesome!

I think Jubes needs to rock a nice pink, yellow or black half glove. I don't know why I just think it would fit. (Like a glove)

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    I think Jubes needs to rock a nice pink, yellow or black half glove. I don't know why I just think it would fit. (Like a glove)
    a half glove is a fingerless glove?

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    a half glove is a fingerless glove?
    No like where it cuts off at near the palm.

Is kind of funny, female vampires are known for not dressing modestly, yet Jubilee is rather sensibly dressed avoiding all fanservice tropes. It makes sense due to being a vampire = sun bad. But female vampire are almost always fanservicy.

^well doesnt she basically wear a black catsuit? when has that not been considered fanservice?

oh I thought you meant with Chamber but thats cool, Jubes & Ev were cute together...

and I see Jubes/Jono as more bro/sis kind of ship...

genx71gang.jpg
    Last edited by jawbreaker; 07-13-2014 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    ^well doesnt she basically wear a black catsuit? when has that not been considered fanservice?
    Cat suits are are the uniform of the day with most super heroines, who doesn't ware a cat suit?

Ultimate Member

http://warmoth.org/wp-content/upload...jubilee_01.jpg

All things considered, this look doesn't really give off a "fanservicey" vibe to me much at all. Especially in comparison to some of the other unbelievably stupid/ridiculous costumes that various female characters are drawn as wearing.

I have a question...

Is Jubilee a Vampire?

Nico Minoru is a sorceress, while the Runaways don't deal with solely magical issues. Magic as a concept, her training or lack there off in the mystic arts is a significant part of her characters evolution. From her encounter with the Witch Breaker, to her evolution through Avengers Arena to her current position in Avengers Undercover Nico Minoru is a sorceress.

It is not the entirety of Nico character but it is a significant aspect of it.

Vampires have a kill on sight status in the marvel universe, A status Jubilee does not deal with.

Vampires have a predatory instinct/nature which never goes away, even Blade has it. Jubilee within the current X-men book doesn't deal with that issue.

Jubilee got a vampire master in Raizo Kodo, who showed her the ropes let her into his clan, but Besides that, she hasn't developed any new powers. As I understand it vampire even in Marvel have to develop their powers through dedication, training, practice, which she doesn't do. And she has had zero contact with Raizo's group since Glisher's run.

Vampires drink blood, Blade has his serum, Raizo and his group drink animal blood. But she is never shown drinking blood. Even Angel had a gallon of animal blood in his refrigerator.

Jubilee reads less like a vampire and more like a mutant who got a power set swap.

That's why I I was off put by her clothing, she doesn't ware armor like Raizo or Blade, no open shirt or plunging neckline like Xarus or her garb while under Xarus. She neither seems to sleep during the day or even seem sleepy during the day. It was funny that Betsy chased Typhoid Mary, not the nocturnal, super fast, super strong poison immune Jubilee who should have been awake anyway.

Because it was night and she is supposed to be a vampire.