Page 12 of 166 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Jubilee drinks Wolverine's blood, which seems to let her do things/control things that other vampire's cannot because of his healing factor. Also, it's implied that her drinking X-23's blood may do much the same thing. And she's also got some kind of mystical amulet that some vampire's gave her that also helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Jubilee drinks Wolverine's blood, which seems to let her do things/control things that other vampire's cannot because of his healing factor. Also, it's implied that her drinking X-23's blood may do much the same thing. And she's also got some kind of mystical amulet that some vampire's gave her that also helps.
    Jubes was suppose to stop drinking wolverines blood by the Forgiven arc of the last X-men volume, That's what the whole deal with Raizo was about. Wolverines blood gave her a false sense of control. That's what I got from that arc anyway. i could have been misinterpreting Glisher.

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    Jubes was suppose to stop drinking wolverines blood by the Forgiven arc of the last X-men volume, That's what the whole deal with Raizo was about. Wolverines blood gave her a false sense of control. That's what I got from that arc anyway. i could have been misinterpreting Glisher.
    Your right, she no longer needs Logan's blood and you also might be on to something here, Likewater...

From what we saw of future Jubes in BOTA she's a pretty odd vampire. Shogo basically says his mom's immune to sunlight in the future. That she learned to control it or something like that. She doesn't wear either the amulet or Hank's new light thingy.(Although they might be hidden by the collar of the cloak.)

Isn't there a thing about Marvel vampires also needing to sleep in a large amount of soil from their birthplace every so often?

The other weird thing is her eyes again, I know is probably a coloring issue, but her eyes so tend to be every color, but red.
    Last edited by Beezzi; 07-14-2014 at 04:51 AM.

Ultimate Member

Her eyes were red a lot in Liu's X-23 book.

BANNED

Her eyes were red a lot in Liu's X-23 book.
    So were X-23's in the Paris arc, 'cause Trigger Scent...

I assume back when Curse Of The Mutants launched there was to be a major push, Vampires were diversified among different major sects similar to World Of Darkness, and Marvel wanted to create a team of heroic vampires, and Jubilee was suppose to a part of the launch point. But It never happened, maybe it was I, Vampire in dc being one of the canceled titles despite good reviews, or just a failed deal some where along the line.

Jubilee is now a vampire in a series that is 90% insular, occasionally going into space, rarely venturing into Asgaurd, and Vampires usually being reserved for the October book. Woods barely used her, Guggenheim seems to want to use her in conjunction with Monet in a more humerus role. Guggenheim seemed bemused by "A vampire in space"
    so who knows how far this will go.

Can you link me to where Guggenheim talks about wanting to do a vampire in space story? That sounds cool!

I'm worried about the comic levity thing. Some writers have a nasty habit of writing her like a complete valley girl airhead and I noticed, no mention of Shogo...

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    I'm worried about the comic levity thing. Some writers have a nasty habit of writing her like a complete valley girl airhead and I noticed, no mention of Shogo...

I was never impressed with Guggs Young X-men, and my sister tells she sees Arrows Green arrow as little better than a serial killer, but the series has lasted so the guy must have something to him.

As for baby Shogo, yeah woods was an idiot for that, When a character either adopts, gets pregnant or conjures a baby(s) it is usually because the writer sees that as the only conclusion or next step in a relationship. The only official relationships Jubilee has had is a friendship crush on Synch, and Xarus. We conjecture about Chamber but nothing has ever been confirmed.

The fact another writer would end up sidelining him is to be expected.

Power functionality places her between Shadwocat and Psylocke, emotional characterization wise many of these current writers can't or don't/won't grasp the fact because she is a physical teenager doesn't mean she is emotionally one.

Jubilee has watched two close friends die Synch and Skin, she has had people under her command die, she has been forcibly changed not once but twice, Mutant to human, human to vampire.

making her a mother at this stage in her character life made zero sense to me, stank of a writer out of ideas.
    Last edited by Likewater; 07-15-2014 at 12:24 PM.

I've always thought it was a reaction to her effectively having her ovaries removed by becoming a vampire. A kind of overcompensation for the fact that she could never have a child of her own, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I've always thought it was a reaction to her effectively having her ovaries removed by becoming a vampire. A kind of overcompensation for the fact that she could never have a child of her own, ever.

Wait then where do pure blood vampire come from?

Ultimate Member

I like Shogo and the idea behind him. I think that the idea is that Jubilee is one of the LAST X-Men that you'd think of being a mother. Nothing in her previous history indicates that she's got the personality for it, which is precisely why it's so interesting. Plus, the kid's just adorable.

I like Shogo and the idea behind him. I think that the idea is that Jubilee is one of the LAST X-Men that you'd think of being a mother. Nothing in her previous history indicates that she's got the personality for it, which is precisely why it's so interesting. Plus, the kid's just adorable.

All babies are adorable, Besides Psylocke, Rachel Grey, Monet, Lorna Dane, Kitty Pryde have all shown to have qualities one would least expect to be a mother, Pryde even had a really good moment during her scare in WatXm, when she admitted relief that she was only infected with the brood rather than actually being pregnant. Jubilee as a character is not unique in this.

But a year old vampire who recently admitting to even wanting to eat kids, and would and should be struggling with the desire to drink human blood even though she learned to drink animal blood, Probably should not be around children, As a mater of consistent story logic.

It is not surprising that the next writer along would perma-daycare the kid.

I just want to clarify, I don't dislike baby characters, Shogo is very cute but as a Jubilee fan seeing her altered so callously, so often with her past barely even seeming a factor in her characterization by writers from Austen, to Woods. From being depowerd to vamperized with almost off handed abandon, is very irritating.

It's feels like every writers simply disregards everything that happens between 1989-1991 her inception to current (When ever they get there hands on the character) and as a fan I find it frustrating.