Page 14 of 166 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Welcome back RLAAMJR, here's some awesome fan art to make you feel at home. ;o)

Jubes by the amazing EvanBryce

cool_down_58_by_evanbryce-d4adjn5.jpg

And:

brokenluk's Jubilee

jubilee_by_brokenluk-d348k7w.jpg
    Last edited by Beezzi; 07-19-2014 at 12:02 PM.

Bombshell, that's her including Wolverine's savior, vampire, mall girl and more ~ so rejoice ....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    Lol....Bravo!

I think I remember that! its a manga of night of the sentinels, man that was a long time ago!

Should Jubilee use a weapon?

Kali Sticks?

Long Nunchaku?

quarter/short staff?

bowie knife,dagger or mambele?

Amazing Member

Quarter staff I'd say, she could have quite the assortment of teachers what with Logan, likely Laura, Remy of course and even Betsy. Hell, given Stick and Elektra helping Logan along after he went pretty feral, they could probably contract the lessons out to.

Ultimate Member

I feel like either Escrima Sticks or a retractable Bo Staff would work really well for her.

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

No to a traditional staff, unless it is NOT made out of wood. We don't want any accidental splinters for our vampire.
    I personally don't think she needs any melee weapons. I'd be more in favor of her using ranged weapons... A flare gun, tazer, flash bangs, etc... She already has incredible speed, stamina, and durability... A 6 out of 7 in the latter category. This would make her strikes lethal already.. With or without the claws.

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    No to a traditional staff, unless it is NOT made out of wood. We don't want any accidental splinters for our vampire.
    I personally don't think she needs any melee weapons. I'd be more in favor of her using ranged weapons... A flare gun, tazer, flash bangs, etc... She already has incredible speed, stamina, and durability... A 6 out of 7 in the latter category. This would make her strikes lethal already.. With or without the claws.
    She could have the wood enchanted, or use some special advanced ceramic.

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

I personally just don't see her as some super technical martial artist to justify a bo staff. Baseball bat, knife, brass knuckles... maybe. But then again, Jubilee doesn't need any of that. She can already take zombie's heads off with one chop, as well as rip off the solid steel armor of a sentinel with just her bare hands. The ranged weapons would be more in her favor, since what happens if her enemy is farther away? She could always speed run towards them or turn into mist... but what about a whole group of ranged bad guys? When Jubes had her pyrokinetic mutant powers, she used her range to close the gap and then get close to the bad guys at times... since she doesn't have any ranged abilities now... she needs something to help her close the gap.

Just my opinions. Plus, I have been doing martial arts for 22 years non-stop... and I don't see her really needing the staff. I wouldn't be opposed to it... just don't feel she NEEDS it.

She's got superhuman strength, claws, and fangs. She doesn't need weapons, she IS a weapon.

If she wanted a weapon, I'd go ceramic electrified Escrima sticks. I like Jubilees_bf's idea of a taser gun too.

I've always seen Jubes as a jack of all trades - taking bits of knowledge from all the X-Men around her. So why not a vampire/staff/gun/pyro combo?

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    I personally just don't see her as some super technical martial artist to justify a bo staff. Baseball bat, knife, brass knuckles... maybe. But then again, Jubilee doesn't need any of that. She can already take zombie's heads off with one chop, as well as rip off the solid steel armor of a sentinel with just her bare hands. The ranged weapons would be more in her favor, since what happens if her enemy is farther away? She could always speed run towards them or turn into mist... but what about a whole group of ranged bad guys? When Jubes had her pyrokinetic mutant powers, she used her range to close the gap and then get close to the bad guys at times... since she doesn't have any ranged abilities now... she needs something to help her close the gap.

Just my opinions. Plus, I have been doing martial arts for 22 years non-stop... and I don't see her really needing the staff. I wouldn't be opposed to it... just don't feel she NEEDS it.
    Well just that most vampires tend to use weapons of some sort or another, most use swords, Blade, Dracula, Xarus, Raizo so i figured no swords for her a bit to over done.

As well if you are super-humanly strong you can chuck stuff superhuman fast and hard. Weapons also extend your active range and are great for blocking especially especially when you can parry a silver coated blade or a stake.

Most of the Forgiven seem armed, The Big one has a ball weapon, the Raizo sword, female African uses a staff, the young male uses dual pistols, "red riding hood" as Jubilee called her is the only one besides Jubilee herself that goes bare handed.

If you are invulnerable yeah you don't really need a weapon, well if you are non-Asgaurdian and invulnerable. But for everyone else it makes sense. Vampires are not invulnerable, nor are they immune to pain.

I don't think Jubilee would like to punch Surge, Bolt or Jolt. or anything electrified really. Or say and android that has electrified its chassis, or any being extruding acid.

Actually I have often pondered why mutants in general don't arm themselves, especially after they finish training.

So here's a hypothetical scenario for you all.

Let's say Shogo survives issue 17 and Jubes decides that babies and combat zones don't mixed. What other non-combat role do you guys think she could have as part of the X-Men?

I see her as being the junior's combat instructor or maybe as the X-Men's version of Oracle.