Page 16 of 166 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    Classic Jazz hands

I miss it at times, no one ever expects to lose to jazz hands.
    Jazz hands...brilliant!

Your totally right, no super-villain wants to admit they got their butts handed to them by way of sparkly jazz hands.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    Jazz hands...brilliant!

Your totally right, no super-villain wants to admit they got their butts handed to them by way of sparkly jazz hands.
    On the other hand, plasma will burn through just about anything, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    On the other hand, plasma will burn through just about anything, so...
    Oh yes...mmm...I wonder if her plasmoids could burn away bits of Sinister permanently?

Also here's something I've always wondered - During GenX, Jubes showed enough control of her plasmoids to, for short periods, keep them suspended in air in their natural liquid form without detonation. Jubilee is obviously immune to burning by her own powers, but if that plasma bubble was to collide with something or someone else would it burn them? Or does the "field" that contains the plasma, create a natural barrier that renders the contents inert until Jubes decides to detonate it?

I ask, because we never really saw Jubilee use her plasmoids to melt or burn anything without her detonating them first. Is the plasma she generates harmless until it explodes?

(I'll admit this is the kind of bogus science question fans tend to ask writers at sci-fi conventions. )
    Last edited by Beezzi; 07-27-2014 at 09:45 AM.

Oh yes...mmm...I wonder if her plasmoids could burn away bits of Sinister permanently?

Also here's something I've always wondered - During GenX, Jubes showed enough control of her plasmoids to, for short periods, keep them suspended in air in their natural liquid form without detonation. Jubilee is obviously immune to burning by her own powers, but if that plasma bubble was to collide with something or someone else would it burn them? Or does the "field" that contains the plasma, create a natural barrier that renders the contents inert until Jubes decides to detonate it?

I ask, because we never really saw Jubilee use her plasmoids to melt or burn anything without her detonating them first. Is the plasma she generates harmless until it explodes?

(I'll admit this is the kind of bogus science question fans tend to ask writers at sci-fi conventions. )
    Plasma is actually excited gaseous state, as for plasma begin inert I doubt it. I am not even sure if plasma can even be inert. But Jubilee accidentally set off the gasoline from damaged cars in a Generation X annual (96' i believe....the one with the fenris twins) And in woods Generation X she refused to use her powers while under attack at an airport because Plasma and jet fuel don't mix.

So either the fields that give her plasmoids shapes are to discharge electrical sparks, or the plasma contained within them is hot enough to ignite flammable and inflammable materials.

so her plasma in never harmless, If Jubilee tried to do what Boob Boom (then called Meltdown) did with blob (Stuck a plasma bomb up his nose and next to his brain) Jubilee would just likely kill Blob, or cause massive irreparable brain damage.
    Last edited by Likewater; 07-27-2014 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    Plasma is actually excited gaseous state, as for plasma begin inert I doubt it. I am not even sure if plasma can even be inert. But Jubilee accidentally set off the gasoline from damaged cars in a Generation X annual (96' i believe....the one with the fenris twins) And in woods Generation X she refused to use her powers while under attack at an airport because Plasma and jet fuel don't mix.

So either the fields that give her plasmoids shapes are to discharge electrical sparks, or the plasma contained within them is hot enough to ignite flammable and inflammable materials.

so her plasma in never harmless, If Jubilee tried to do what Boob Boom (then called Meltdown) did with blob (Stuck a plasma bomb up his nose and next to his brain) Jubilee would just likely kill Blob, or cause massive irreparable brain damage.
    Boom Boom shoved a plasma bomb up the Blob's nose?! Someone should remind all of the Marvel universe not to get on Tabitha's bad side. She can get pretty cranky!

Boom Boom shoved a plasma bomb up the Blob's nose?! Someone should remind all of the Marvel universe not to get on Tabitha's bad side. She can get pretty cranky!
    Well it was to get him to surrender, and it was during her Meltdown phase.

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

Jubilee had enough control over her powers, according to the handbooks, to vary their size, shape, color, and trajectory at her own will. She could reabsorb them into herself without causing her any harm either. Also, she mentally was able to control when they exploded as well as what exactly they did... Either blind, noise, stun, scald, burn, melt, detonate, or explode...
    This being said, if one of her plasmoids were to accidentally hit a teammate... I think she would have had enough control to render it very minimal on the pain and damage scale.

I'm surprised we haven't seen Jubilee in any movies yet, besides the occasional cameo here and there, she was very popular in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Shooter View Post
    I'm surprised we haven't seen Jubilee in any movies yet, besides the occasional cameo here and there, she was very popular in the comics.
    Well, the movies have been dominated by a hand full of characters, Hugh Jackman as wolverine put a lot of passion in his roll, Magneto and Xavier and there actors were also stellar.

But has being in the movies helped Iceman? Mystique's characterization is as erratic as ever in the comic books. And while Gambit has popularity in the comics it never translated to he big screen besides Wolverine Origins. Not the best X-men movie.

What can I say, movie very rarely translates to books and vice-versa.

CBR Fiction I miss read the thread I feel like an idiot. Still it is cute.

X-FORCE #1
    Written by JEPH LOEB
    Plot by LOREC
    Art by ED MCGUINNESS
    "OUT OF THE SHADOW” Part One
    Mutants have been hunted for decades. A day doesn't go by where there isn't at least one report where a mutant was attacked. One report from St. Louis details a particularly grisly execution style scene. While listening, Cable makes up his mind that it's got to stop, by any means necessary… and he knows just who can help him!
    When news breaks that a high school field trip is under attack at the Grand Canyon, Cable, Domino, and Warpath teleport to the area. Attacking adult mutants is one thing, but targeting children crosses a line and Cable isn't going to stand for it! At the Grand Canyon, Everette Thomas and James Gallo are part of the field trip as Grand Canyon tour staff. After witnessing several of the teachers get butchered, they realize they are the only adults left and attempt to get the teenagers to safety. Unfortunately, their foe stands in their path. Will they be able to save themselves and the teenagers from their assailant... the X-Cutioner?
    32 PGs./Rated T+...$2.99

http://community.comicbookresources....tions-For-July

THE UNCANNY X-MEN #1
    Written by RICK REMENDER
    Plot by EXCITER
    Art by CHRIS BACHALO
    “INSECTICIDE” Part One “MAKE IT RAIN”
    U.S. Secretary of Mutant Affairs Hank “Beast” McCoy has discovered that bee stings are robbing mutants of their powers. He barely has time to warn the X-Men before the living hive, Swarm, descends upon the X-Mansion in Westchester. Wolverine, Jubilee, Nightcrawler and the rest are trapped inside and their only salvation is Storm, who has summoned a torrential downpour to keep the bees from advancing - but the ground can only take so much saturation before the Mansion itself sinks! The Washington D.C. X-Men contingent of Beast, Kitty, and Colossus have precious little time to find a way to neutralize Swarm, but will they be able to track down the source of Swarm’s new power-neutralizing ability – the innocent mutant youth Leech? And if they do, how can they possibly hope to overcome Leech’s captor – the lethal human/sentinel hybrid, Bastion?!
    32 PGs./Rated T+...$2.99
    Last edited by Likewater; 07-27-2014 at 07:20 PM.

X-men #17 sucked. Seriously... All of that build up over the Future being so bad ass....
    To climax at him being taken down by a living forest? Jubilee vamped up, broke through a wall, and ran up the stairs to find him
    Already dead. No fight... Nothing.
    At least Monet had a telepathic heart to heart with Jubilee... Said she loves her.
    Other than that, to quote a YouTube video... "I have a bad case of diarrhea." Not really, but you get the idea.

Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

I really loved to see M and Jubes telepathic chat. That was such an important friendship message.
    My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    X-men #17 sucked. Seriously... All of that build up over the Future being so bad ass....
    To climax at him being taken down by a living forest? Jubilee vamped up, broke through a wall, and ran up the stairs to find him
    Already dead. No fight... Nothing.
    At least Monet had a telepathic heart to heart with Jubilee... Said she loves her.
    Other than that, to quote a YouTube video... "I have a bad case of diarrhea." Not really, but you get the idea.
    Yip, that was a bit of a disappointment...So much for the action on the cover. I had high hopes Jubes and Shogo in this issue, I should've known better by now. Much like the Arkea arch, the ending was totally anti-climatic ending. Where's the creativity?

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelGuy View Post
    I really loved to see M and Jubes telepathic chat. That was such an important friendship message.
    Best bit of the issue.

spoilers:
    Hey at least Sho survives Woods leaving.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Beezzi; 07-30-2014 at 01:09 PM.

Most anticlimactic ending EVER!
    Seriously, vanilla thinks this book is bland.
    A cucumber and cottage cheese on soggy whitebread sandwhich would be like, "dude...dude...you seriously need to spice this book up!" if it could talk to Wood.

I have four year old students that could have come up with a better ending. Seriously... at least let Jubes get in a few punches or bites before the forest takes down the Future. And why the crap didn't Jubilee just break the walls down and speed rush to maim the guy in the first place? Was there some alarm system or something set in place until the Forest went all haywire? CRAP CRAP CRAAAAAP!!!