Page 20 of 166 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    Maybe marvel wasn't okay with the power change at first... But then realized... Since the title is in transition with a new writer, maybe it is a good time to give Jubilee her powers back. It would certainly make fans happy and writers more interested in using her. Even if Jubilee still keeps her vampirism, the addition of her old powers plus immortality would open a lot of extra stories for the character.
    I wouldn't mind if she stayed a vampire. It's weirdly grown on me and I was WAY against it at the beginning of "Curse of Mutants". I like the idea of seeing her struggle with the dichotomy that comes from being a creature that hates light and yet a mutant that creates it.

Hopefully, if her powers are back, we'll see her using them a bit more to their full extent on a regular basis. She is a vampire now, so she has less control of her baser emotions and Jube's powers were always connected to her emotions. X-ternals Jubilee blasted the hell out of things.

Also, let's hope Marvel remembers to instate the rest of her power set with her plasmoids.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    I wouldn't mind if she stayed a vampire. It's weirdly grown on me and I was WAY against it at the beginning of "Curse of Mutants". I like the idea of seeing her struggle with the dichotomy that comes from being a creature that hates light and yet a mutant that creates it.

Hopefully, if her powers are back, we'll see her using them a bit more to their full extent on a regular basis. She is a vampire now, so she has less control of her baser emotions and Jube's powers were always connected to her emotions. X-ternals Jubilee blasted the hell out of things.

Also, let's hope Marvel remembers to instate the rest of her power set with her plasmoids.
    I can go either way, If Jubilee was being written by Kim Harrison or Jim Butcher, I would be all for her being a vampire. They are great modern fantasy authors. From what I have learned about White Wolf games, Vampire the Masquerade and Requiem. The More I read into Pentex, the Technocracy, Mage the Ascension, Werewolf the Apocalypse, I am amazed at both Classic World of Darkness and New World of Darkness.

I don't think Marvel has the subtle writing to utilize vampire lore and the fiction around it effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    I can go either way, If Jubilee was being written by Kim Harrison or Jim Butcher, I would be all for her being a vampire. They are great modern fantasy authors. From what I have learned about White Wolf games, Vampire the Masquerade and Requiem. The More I read into Pentex, the Technocracy, Mage the Ascension, Werewolf the Apocalypse, I am amazed at both Classic World of Darkness and New World of Darkness.

I don't think Marvel has the subtle writing to utilize vampire lore and the fiction around it effectively.
    Yip, it's sad really. I'm not huge into vampires (WoD is awesome though, played a werewolf - great role-playing system), but I feel like, what's the point of her being a vampire if they don't explore the lore and what that means to her. I would like to see Raizo maybe checking in on her. The whole Forgiven thing has been a wasted opportunity.

She'd make a sex and dangerous White Court vampire. Sorry kind of a Dresden nerd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    Yip, it's sad really. I'm not huge into vampires (WoD is awesome though, played a werewolf - great role-playing system), but I feel like, what's the point of her being a vampire if they don't explore the lore and what that means to her. I would like to see Raizo maybe checking in on her. The whole Forgiven thing has been a wasted opportunity.
    I loved her Forgiven storyline and that fight with the mask dude is one of her best showings in years.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

I think the power thing might be real...

Jubes hand.jpg

The first time I glanced at this panel I thought Jubes was looking at the arm of the chair for some reason, when this was re-posted in another thread, I took a second glance and realised I might be a total dummy.

Jubes is looking at her hand, nearly as if concentrating on it and then she's zapped by Rachel. Is Jubes trying to call on her powers? Is that why her eyes are blue in this panel? Is the eye thing actually not a coloring mistake for once? Question is why does Rachel zap her?

This might be all in my head, but it makes me delightfully happy.

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

Great find!! I was confused about that panel, too! It also looks as if Storm and Rachel are concerned for her.
    Maybe she gets her powers back and doesn't know how to handle that? The gals would be worried for her.
    Before now, I thought they were making fun of her... Or that she wasn't allowed to go on the mission.. And was being punished.

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    Great find!! I was confused about that panel, too! It also looks as if Storm and Rachel are concerned for her.
    Maybe she gets her powers back and doesn't know how to handle that? The gals would be worried for her.
    Before now, I thought they were making fun of her... Or that she wasn't allowed to go on the mission.. And was being punished.
    That's what I was thinking as well! Really can't wait for the next issue now.

I also think Jubilee will be flying the X-Jet... in another panel, it looks as if the other ladies are flying outside in space, with the X-Jet behind them. Jubilee might be responsible for it.

Her paffs were no more lame than her vampire powers under Woods, A characters powers are only as effective as a writer allowed them to be. Jubilee's plasma is every bit as destructive as Sunfire's or Havok's, most writers don't care to depict them as such.
    URGH!! THIS AGAIN!! As I've said a dozen times, I'm not saying her pafs are lame because they are weak, I'm saying they are lame period. Even if her pafs could casually destroy a quadrillion multiverses, they would still be lame.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    URGH!! THIS AGAIN!! As I've said a dozen times, I'm not saying her pafs are lame because they are weak, I'm saying they are lame period. Even if her pafs could casually destroy a quadrillion multiverses, they would still be lame.
    Wait, the visual is lame? that's more of a matter of taste.

They aren't used with any imagination, but then neither are her vampire powers, and again that's up to the writers. There is no such thing as a lame power-set unless your power is making spots appear on a wall, or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I'm curious... and don't think I'm weird if I'm mistaken. Are you the guy that made the 'Power of Jubilee' youtube videos? If so, did you have a change of heart as for why you don't like her pafs?

In my opinion... I like the iconic plasma/light powers that come with Jubilee, but only if they are actually shown as useful. If she were to use them to blind a person, and then run up close and knock him out, I would be happy with that. If she used them to destroy things and burn people, etc, I'd have a similar reaction. The only time I don't like her powers is when they are written off as insignificant.

Imagine a super fast, super strong, invulnerable, immortal, mist shapeshifter, hypnotizing, and plasma throwing Jubilee... that is just awesome!

I don't see what makes shooting fireworks any more lame than the people that just shoot plain fire or generic energy blasts. At least her blasts have some style to them.

The visual of her power signature totally depends on the artist and more importantly the colourist. The best images of Jubes using her powers. for me, are in the first few issues of GenX. There's a great panel just before they find Artie hiding in New York, when she uses them that looks awesome with Bachelo's heavy shadows. I'll see if I can find it.

Jubilee power signature in those issues wasn't just drawn as beams of light or sparkles, but as writhing globules that hung in the air - those plasmoids looked dangerous, because they had weight and mass.

Amazing Member

Where the heck is the digital issue? The marvel website says it was due out today, yet when I try and buy it, all I get is a big fat nothing. It says the Print Issue is in stores, but the issue I could buy from my computer to enjoy? Is it with all the others that were to come out today? ..............all this on how cheated I feel from the tease that was X-men 17 and no Momma Bear Jubilee kicking the ass of the generic villain that was the Future.

Quote Originally Posted by Verthril View Post
    Where the heck is the digital issue? The marvel website says it was due out today, yet when I try and buy it, all I get is a big fat nothing. It says the Print Issue is in stores, but the issue I could buy from my computer to enjoy? Is it with all the others that were to come out today? ..............all this on how cheated I feel from the tease that was X-men 17 and no Momma Bear Jubilee kicking the ass of the generic villain that was the Future.
    I'm not even getting it popup in the Marvel app, might be regional thing on my side. Although according to the app there's a fine selection of Howard the Duck comics on sale....Grrrr! I'll have to check comixology.

Pretty sure they moved the release dates - it's no longer listed in comiclist.com for this week- it nows says next week for #18.

Oh well next weeks double comic week: X-Men 18 and TMNT.
    Last edited by Beezzi; 08-06-2014 at 04:23 PM.