Page 22 of 166 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Jubilee being more "perky" or "cheerful" than your average vampire is kind of an established thing at this point. It's one of the things that I loved her appearances in Liu's X-23 book. Her cheerful and optimistic personality contrasts with Laura's more sullen and serious nature, and it was really fun.
    You can be perky and cheerful, and then turn real quick if some one pisses you off. Does Xarus, Janus or Lilith strike you as meloncoly?

Do most cats?

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    Well I would personally prefer is Jubilee came more of a Damphir like Blade, ever since the decimation the X-books have become a bit stale, some Urban Fantasy like vampire as a faction involved with the x-books would spice up. Hell they could make Jubilee a prototype and raise the depowerd/ dead as a mutant damphir. Well if they utilize the condition of being a vampire , otherwise its just a prestige class like being a Phoenix host or an X-ternal.

The Matrix this is a joke, no other point to it. Because you don't let people fly until they actually train on a plane. Not just get a magic download.

Is is me or is Jubilee abnormally mellow for a vampire? That type of invasion should set off her predatory nature.
    I was pondering this as well, for Branches, a few weeks backs - Here's my theory:

Jubilee is very unique as a vampire, not just because she was a mutant/human before she was turned, but also because she was raised at Xavier's. She was trained from a very young age by Xavier, Jean and Emma to control her emotions - an even slightly emotionally, unstable, mutant Jubes was way to risky to have running around the school, because of the destructive nature of her powers. The teenager was forced to learn a certain amount of subconscious control of her baser emotions from a very young age - one slip and she'd blow up the mansion.

I think when she got turned and after Raizo's intervention, her years of practiced mental conditioning just kicked back in. She's controlling the vamp inside, the same way she use to maintain control of her paffs.

I wouldn't piss her off though, Jubes isn't called the firecracker for nothing - we've all seen what happens when all that conditioning fails.
    Last edited by Beezzi; 08-07-2014 at 09:50 PM.

Where do you see the preview?

I cannot find it no matter how much I search it

Here you go:

X-Men 18

Thank you...

If i'm not wrong, we will see the comic next week XD

Quote Originally Posted by datugu View Post
    Thank you...

If i'm not wrong, we will see the comic next week XD
    Yip, next week.

This is via Logan who posted it on the X/Laura thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    Maybe...I'd love to see how they deal with it. Is Jubilee no longer immune to her own powers? Would she be only able to use her abilities in short bursts? Would bigger blast have a greater cost to her own well-being? Maybe Hank can develop something to give her short term immunity.

I really do hope it's a struggle between her dark and light side - I do like my heroes to have something in their lives they are forced to struggle with and can only endure, but never truly overcome - it's my GenX roots showing I suppose.
    That sounds like a great idea to explore.

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    I know that Jubilee from the Animated Series knew how to pilot the X-Jet... and I believe I've seen her do so in a few issues, although they may have been detailed after the animated show.

Even if Jubilee doesn't get her powers back, I am excited to see that she is already involved in the story and action.
    Me too!

Amazing Member

Is it just me or do Kitty and Laura come off looking smug or satisfied than sad?

Quote Originally Posted by Verthril View Post
    Is it just me or do Kitty and Laura come off looking smug or satisfied than sad?
    I was thinking the same thing. I was like "why are they smiling"?

Yip, next week.

Is it weird that I wanna see a variant of this with Wolverine villains standing over his grave

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. I was like "why are they smiling"?
    because the murdered him!

DUM DUM DUUUUM!

Yip, next week.

I love this cover...

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Verthril View Post
    I think Kitty's reaction is because she's more mature and therefore can handle death better. It might be an ironic smile as she's remembering something from the past involving Logan. Who knows what's going on behind Laura's expression.

I do love that Jubes is the most visibly broken up, though! </3 Sure, Hisako's upset, too, but Jubilee knew him much longer.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    I think Kitty's reaction is because she's more mature and therefore can handle death better. It might be an ironic smile as she's remembering something from the past involving Logan. Who knows what's going on behind Laura's expression.

I do love that Jubes is the most visibly broken up, though! </3 Sure, Hisako's upset, too, but Jubilee knew him much longer.
    Didn't someone confirm that is an older Amiko and not Armor? Heaven knows where Armor is these days.

I've always felt Jube's connection with Logan was deeper and different from that of the others. They kinda just clicked from day one. Logan called her his lifeline - they were kinda weird platonic soul-mates.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Didn't someone confirm that is an older Amiko and not Armor? Heaven knows where Armor is these days.

I've always felt Jube's connection with Logan was deeper and different from that of the others. They kinda just clicked from day one. Logan called her his lifeline - they were kinda weird platonic soul-mates.
    Yeah, you could be right, I don't really pay attention to this Death of Wolverine b.s., lol.

I agree with you about Jubes and Logan. /biased.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007