Page 23 of 166 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Yeah, you could be right, I don't really pay attention to this Death of Wolverine b.s., lol.

I agree with you about Jubes and Logan. /biased.
    Bias? Who us? Never.....

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    cosplay, though Jubilee....does she ware a choker?

She has done several times i'm sure in Generation X. She had all sorts of wacky outfits.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    That is gorgeous! Love the soft shading.

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

X-Men #18 came out today... I have to say, that I enjoyed it for the most part. It was the best issue of the series in a long time.

All of the ladies, Storm, Psylocke, Rachel, Jubilee, Money, and then Cecilia Reyes... worked together very well. Agent Brand, Beast, Deathbird, and a few others were supporting characters, too. It seems like Guggenheim is giving all of the girls their own individual voices and chances to shine. Monet seems to be a bit more light hearted than normal, but also a bit arrogant as usual. Jubilee is the jokester and wild card of the series, so it seems, which I am fine with. She had several neat little moments this time around.

Spoilers-

As far as action and story is concerned, Jubilee:
    Was given the intelligence to fly (and jokingly, use Kung Fu,) telepathically via Rachel.
    Flew the X-Jet and used the thrusters to burn several alien virus globs to death.
    Spoke with Beast via the X-Jet intercom to find out about the upcoming mission.
    Accompanied the other ladies after they destroyed the alien virus, in order to investigate the sudden appearance of Deathbird.
    Fended off swarms of alien creatures, alongside the others, as they infested their ship. At a few points, Jubilee was somehow using plasmoids to blast
    at the aliens (i.e. her old mutant powers...) not sure if that will be explained later... She also was shown in a pretty cool panel, swiping away at the aliens with her vampire claws and strength.

Other than the two small panels of Jubes using her mutant powers with no explanation... it was a great read that left me wanting more.

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    X-Men #18 came out today... I have to say, that I enjoyed it for the most part. It was the best issue of the series in a long time.

All of the ladies, Storm, Psylocke, Rachel, Jubilee, Money, and then Cecilia Reyes... worked together very well. Agent Brand, Beast, Deathbird, and a few others were supporting characters, too. It seems like Guggenheim is giving all of the girls their own individual voices and chances to shine. Monet seems to be a bit more light hearted than normal, but also a bit arrogant as usual. Jubilee is the jokester and wild card of the series, so it seems, which I am fine with. She had several neat little moments this time around.

Spoilers-

As far as action and story is concerned, Jubilee:
    Was given the intelligence to fly (and jokingly, use Kung Fu,) telepathically via Rachel.
    Flew the X-Jet and used the thrusters to burn several alien virus globs to death.
    Spoke with Beast via the X-Jet intercom to find out about the upcoming mission.
    Accompanied the other ladies after they destroyed the alien virus, in order to investigate the sudden appearance of Deathbird.
    Fended off swarms of alien creatures, alongside the others, as they infested their ship. At a few points, Jubilee was somehow using plasmoids to blast
    at the aliens (i.e. her old mutant powers...) not sure if that will be explained later... She also was shown in a pretty cool panel, swiping away at the aliens with her vampire claws and strength.

Other than the two small panels of Jubes using her mutant powers with no explanation... it was a great read that left me wanting more.
    Picking up my copy tomorrow - so I had to skip the spoilers bit, but I'm glad to hear it's a good issue.

Maybe they weren't true plasmoids, but actually lightning? Vampires can control the weather, after all. Being a young vampire, her weather control is limited to resembling a familiar form.

Amazing Member

Perhaps something akin to Ball Lightning?

Either way I hope we really see this picked up in the next issue. Though already I'm thinking this is where Rachel gets the spotlight, from an awkward family reunion to the announcement that she is going to be getting a cousin by way of marriage. Maybe Shogo will have some play dates in the future? Kinda leaves me wondering who got Babysitting Duty back at the school.

Ultimate Member

Probably Beast.

Amazing Member

Yeah with a nose like his, I don't think he'd leave a poopy unchanged for too long.

Wait wasn't only the baddest of the badassed vamps can control weather Like Drac or Varney?

I mean Jubilee just Jumped to a vampire level of 100 years to 600 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    Wait wasn't only the baddest of the badassed vamps can control weather Like Drac or Varney?

I mean Jubilee just Jumped to a vampire level of 100 years to 600 years.
    Good point - but doesn't that misting thing of hers also take years of study and practice?

Let's face it, the artists probably forgot that Jubilee's a vampire again (like I'm half-convinced happened with that Wolverine issue, where the writer had to insert 3 or so explanations for why Jubilee was using her powers and had a reflection and so on). If they can't stand her being a mutant again, maybe they should just throw her in some terrigen mist to re-kickstart her powers? They could probably even make it a little bit different by having it done while she was in her vampire mist form, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    Good point - but doesn't that misting thing of hers also take years of study and practice?
    Yeah, she's clearly a bit wonky/advanced as far as young vampires go. Might be due to her being an (ex-)mutant, might also be due to the scarlet witch's 'no more mutants' power interacting with the vampire curse in a strange way. Could even be due to her being a 'grandkid' of Dracula.
    Last edited by Avantre; 08-13-2014 at 08:26 PM.