Page 26 of 166 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by datugu View Post
    I really want to buy it... but I cannot find it in the digital comics (and that is tomorrow that will release)... I will check tomorrow again XD
    Can't wait for tommorow.

Btw have you guys read the new X-Position?

The following line worries me: "Jubilee is the spark plug, literally the spark plug. She no longer has her powers, but she's still the youngster of the group that has a very interesting attitude herself. "

The YOUNGSTER!? Jubes has more experience than Monet. No wonder he didn't know she could fly the plane - he thinks she's some kind of rookie.

I'm more annoyed that Jubilee doesn't really have her powers back.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Yeah, that too, but I've made semi-peace with it.

I saw my yogi, meditated on it and now feel loads better.....until the next time Marvel trolls us.

Between getting her powers back and being treated like a inexperienced "rookie" - the latter, to me, is worse far worse for her character wise. We don't want some semi rebooted Jubes. We've all waited long enough for Marvel to allow her to be an adult.
    Last edited by Beezzi; 08-19-2014 at 11:11 PM.

I never want her to get the pafs back. I much, much, muuuch prefer her as a vampire.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I also want her power back... but she continue to be a vampire...

Teen Mutant Vampire XD

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    Yeah, that too, but I've made semi-peace with it.

I saw my yogi, meditated on it and now feel loads better.....until the next time Marvel trolls us.

Between getting her powers back and being treated like a inexperienced "rookie" - the latter, to me, is worse far worse for her character wise. We don't want some semi rebooted Jubes. We've all waited long enough for Marvel to allow her to be an adult.
    I know!!! I love jubes but I will hate if they make her the pet of the team!!! yes she is young, but she already suffered a lot of things and had a lot experience...

If I remember even Captain America said she could be a good leader!!! (want to see those two again together... I loved their dynamic... and I loved to see again the sarcastic Jubes, they do a good team)...

I also want her power back... but she continue to be a vampire...

Teen Mutant Vampire XD

I know!!! I love jubes but I will hate if they make her the pet of the team!!! yes she is young, but she already suffered a lot of things and had a lot experience...

If I remember even Captain America said she could be a good leader!!! (want to see those two again together... I loved their dynamic... and I loved to see again the sarcastic Jubes, they do a good team)...
    Another Cap and Jubes moment would be great - they play off each other so well.

So just finished the annual - great stuff - moral of the story is don't piss off a Mommy vampire. Jubes made us and Wolvie proud. Best bit was getting to see a grown Jubes through the eyes of her mentor - Logan respects her, and that's not something that's easy to earn.

Can't wait to hear everyone else's thoughts...
    Last edited by Beezzi; 08-20-2014 at 07:06 AM.

Oh my God oh my God... just got the comic... I love it!!!

Jubes is a female Alpha!!!

YAY!!!

Incredible Member

honestly I can do without Jube getting her powers back since she really didn't become an interesting character until after she lost them, at least in my opinion. Personally I would have rather they not made her a vampire either but I've made peace with that for the most part though I still think that they should actually mention her and Chambers time on the New Warriors as Wondra and Decibel instead of just ignoring it like it never happened.

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

I can't wait to get my issue today. Also... Jubilee IS technically the youngster of this X-Men group. I don't think Guggenheim meant it as a negative. He was speaking more on her attitude/personality/age than her experience. If he didn't like her, he would have depicted her as a damsel in distress, or wouldn't have shown her kicking major butt in the last issue. I'm fairly certain he knows that she can bring the heat when necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    I can't wait to get my issue today. Also... Jubilee IS technically the youngster of this X-Men group. I don't think Guggenheim meant it as a negative. He was speaking more on her attitude/personality/age than her experience. If he didn't like her, he would have depicted her as a damsel in distress, or wouldn't have shown her kicking major butt in the last issue. I'm fairly certain he knows that she can bring the heat when necessary.
    Good point.

I did like the first issue of Guggenheim's X-Men - the man certainly knows how to write. We'll see what he does with Jubes in the future - at least she gets to hang with Storm and Brand.

Oh my God oh my God... just got the comic... I love it!!!

Jubes is a female Alpha!!!

YAY!!!
    Name of this comic?

Wolverine Annual #1... just came out today. It is a bigger sized issue than normal due to being an annual.
    I just picked it up an hour or so ago, and enjoyed the brief read through. The author does a great job at 'getting' the relationship between both
    Wolverine and Jubilee, as well as Shogo. Not a TON of action, but it certainly showcases just how fast, strong, dangerous, and intimidating Jubilee can be.
    Jubilee also now has the gained, on-panel ability of controlling/leading a pack of wild animals. There were some definite touching moments as well between everyone
    featured in the book (even the antagonists were sympathetic and kinda nice.)

Pretty cool. Part of me wonders why Jubilee needs Wolverine to track, though. She's the one with the super-senses now, not him. That glitch aside, fun story with interesting art.

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    Jubilee also now has the gained, on-panel ability of controlling/leading a pack of wild animals.
    The classic vampire powers are:
    Superhuman strength
    Limited invulnerability to non-weakness-based attacks. (in other words, everything other than silver, sunlight, blessed items, and wood)
    Undead indifference to most wounds. (basically everything but the heart and head might as well be hair or fingernails)
    Immensely fast healing-factor
    Shapeshifting into mist and animal forms
    Ability to control swarms of vermin and predators, such as wolves
    Hypnotism
    Telepathy with those they've shared blood with
    And weather-control

So far Jubilee has displayed six of the classic nine.

Actually Jubilee hypnotized a farm boy in gischler's run of X-Men... If you haven't counted that yet.

Also, she has performed superhuman speed on various occasions as well.