Page 27 of 166 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    The classic vampire powers are:
    Superhuman strength
    Limited invulnerability to non-weakness-based attacks. (in other words, everything other than silver, sunlight, blessed items, and wood)
    Undead indifference to most wounds. (basically everything but the heart and head might as well be hair or fingernails)
    Immensely fast healing-factor
    Shapeshifting into mist and animal forms
    Ability to control swarms of vermin and predators, such as wolves
    Hypnotism
    Telepathy with those they've shared blood with
    And weather-control

So far Jubilee has displayed six of the classic nine.
    I've some things questions, I've been wondering about:

Does she have super senses?

and

Can Marvel vampires see in the dark?
    Last edited by Beezzi; 08-21-2014 at 12:36 AM.

The classic vampire powers are:
    Superhuman strength
    Limited invulnerability to non-weakness-based attacks. (in other words, everything other than silver, sunlight, blessed items, and wood)
    Undead indifference to most wounds. (basically everything but the heart and head might as well be hair or fingernails)
    Immensely fast healing-factor
    Shapeshifting into mist and animal forms
    Ability to control swarms of vermin and predators, such as wolves
    Hypnotism
    Telepathy with those they've shared blood with
    And weather-control

So far Jubilee has displayed six of the classic nine.
    By my count she's hit or glanced around all of them except for weather control (and animal shifting, but that was included in a line with another form she has done):

Superhuman strength - easily picked up the boulder when pixie was annoying her, the beyond human weight she was lifting in the training room around the same time. Throwing the train when fighting the dragon, technically, but that was in a low gravity environment.
    Limited invulnerability to non-weakness-based attacks. (in other words, everything other than silver, sunlight, blessed items, and wood) - depends on if you mean blows glancing off, or blows not doing lasting damage. She's been thrown through a concrete ceiling in Battle of the Atom, so she's beyond human durability, and more famously she was impaled with a sword.
    Undead indifference to most wounds. (basically everything but the heart and head might as well be hair or fingernails) - not complete indifference, but certainly vastly more indifferent than human level as example above (she was up and shouting right after that throw, and she kept talking right through the impalement although she did feel some pain)
    Immensely fast healing-factor - a bit shaky, but recovered from the impalement without issue.
    Shapeshifting into mist and animal forms - mist yes, animal no.
    Ability to control swarms of vermin and predators, such as wolves - in the annual, although this one is open to it being them following her as the biggest alpha there rather than being an explicit power.
    Hypnotism - when she almost went off the no-blood wagon she did hypnotise that guy.
    Telepathy with those they've shared blood with - sort of: she's seen X-23's memories from drinking her blood.
    And weather-control - this one, not at all so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post

and

Classic vampires can see in the dark. I don't know if it's been stated outright that Marvel vampires can, but it would be very strange if they couldn't. Marvel Dracula should not be stumbling around his victim's bedroom like the version of Dracula in "Dead and Loving It!"

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post

and

Marjorie Liu dropped a few lines in her Jubilee guest appearances re enhanced senses. Apparently they make jubes feel less human and more humanitarian...

Thanks for the info guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Herring View Post
    Marjorie Liu dropped a few lines in her Jubilee guest appearances re enhanced senses. Apparently they make jubes feel less human and more humanitarian...

That is so awesomely written. I like the Wolvie Annual well enough, but that Marjorie Liu scene blows it out of the water. Shame she doesn't get more work.

That is so awesomely written. I like the Wolvie Annual well enough, but that Marjorie Liu scene blows it out of the water. Shame she doesn't get more work.
    I'll totally second this - Liu is one of the few writers today that still get the whole X-men as a family vibe right. I miss her...

Alright, I know that we give Wood a lot of crap for depowering vampire Jubilee, but looking back, I think I might've spotted a speed feat!
    In X-men #11, Jubilee appears to be running on water next to Hellion. So guys, Y/N on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Zainu View Post
    Alright, I know that we give Wood a lot of crap for depowering vampire Jubilee, but looking back, I think I might've spotted a speed feat!
    In X-men #11, Jubilee appears to be running on water next to Hellion. So guys, Y/N on this?

I'll give you that - good reading of the panel, I never noticed it before.

And yes, Wood and a vamp Jubes wasn't a match made in heaven. I think he defaulted back to GenX Jubes.

She must be able to do super speed, since she could outrun a teleporting Pixie easily in Wolverine and Jubilee.

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

She has done super speed in many of her appearances-
    Gischler's X-Men, X-23, Wolverine and Jubilee, Captain America and Jubilee issue, and Wood's X-Men.

Yeah, his Jubilee seems to forget that she has super-powers half of the time. But I forgive him since Wood was the one who brought Jubilee back on the X-men in the first place.

The very first issue of X-Men really kind of ticked me off... sure, Jubilee looked gorgeous with that art... but she was running away and scared of a strange man.
    She has gone up against Emplate, Juggernaut, Magneto, Sabertooth, Sentinels, the Blob, Bastion, Shi'ar, zombies, demons, you name it... but a man possessed by Sublime (which she didn't know was the case at the time?) That was all when she was a younger teen with mutant powers and no regenerative healing/super speed/super strength/immortality/mist powers/hypnotism/claws and fangs even... for her to seem scared so often during Wood's run was just kinda lame if you ask me. At least have her put up a fight and land a few punches.

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    The very first issue of X-Men really kind of ticked me off... sure, Jubilee looked gorgeous with that art... but she was running away and scared of a strange man.
    She has gone up against Emplate, Juggernaut, Magneto, Sabertooth, Sentinels, the Blob, Bastion, Shi'ar, zombies, demons, you name it... but a man possessed by Sublime (which she didn't know was the case at the time?) That was all when she was a younger teen with mutant powers and no regenerative healing/super speed/super strength/immortality/mist powers/hypnotism/claws and fangs even... for her to seem scared so often during Wood's run was just kinda lame if you ask me. At least have her put up a fight and land a few punches.
    I think she was scared was because Shogo... if the baby weren't with her she wouldn't be that scary... but something this X-Men #1 make me think, this Jubilee was like Jubes when she first appeared in X-men long time ago...

Is like Wood tried to have the little scared mall rat again when Jubes long time ago graduated from it... I love the Wolverine Annual because we can see the real Jubes... good representation about how she really is...

And yes, thank to Wood Jubes is back and I love Shogo... also some of the comics was cool... the only thing I hate about these comics is that we have bad villains... Arkea was somewhat ok... but he didn't show her potential... The Future is the worse villain, and he had potential...

I love the team he created, but he didn't show the potential of the team... is like he did everything half... a lot of potential in the teams, villains, story... but never show it...

And I feel that until now X-men has been more in order to re-born villains, more before The Future...

And as you can see English is not my main language... so sorry the horrible grammar...
    Last edited by datugu; 08-21-2014 at 10:14 AM.

I can understand you just fine Don't apologize for trying to speak another language... You are doing a great job.
    Good points on jubilee.

Quote Originally Posted by datugu View Post
    I think she was scared was because Shogo... if the baby weren't with her she wouldn't be that scary... but something this X-Men #1 make me think, this Jubilee was like Jubes when she first appeared in X-men long time ago...

Is like Wood tried to have the little scared mall rat again when Jubes long time ago graduated from it... I love the Wolverine Annual because we can see the real Jubes... good representation about how she really is...

And yes, thank to Wood Jubes is back and I love Shogo... also some of the comics was cool... the only thing I hate about these comics is that we have bad villains... Arkea was somewhat ok... but he didn't show her potential... The Future is the worse villain, and he had potential...

I love the team he created, but he didn't show the potential of the team... is like he did everything half... a lot of potential in the teams, villains, story... but never show it...

And I feel that until now X-men has been more in order to re-born villains, more before The Future...

And as you can see English is not my main language... so sorry the horrible grammar...
    Agree with Jubilee_BF....your English is more than fine....had no idea you weren't actually. Yours is way better then most Irish kids who speak it as a first language and have it for years in school....the things Irish thug kids can do to the English languege is horrific!

We polyglots have to stick together.

I always found it kinda sad that the firecracker didn't speak Manderin or Cantonese...