Page 34 of 166 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast
    Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Yes!! Coipel's jubes, is, amazing
    Seconded!!
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Amazing Member

Anyone else feel let down by that X-position? All the questions concerning Jubilee and Gen X and all it really seemed to be was a bunch of hype and buzzwords with no substance.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Verthril View Post
    Anyone else feel let down by that X-position? All the questions concerning Jubilee and Gen X and all it really seemed to be was a bunch of hype and buzzwords with no substance.
    Amen to that. "Secret Wars" this and that... I e-mailed in a question about Gen X and I know some of y'all asked about Jubilee.

I know it all boils down to the fact that CBR chose not to pose any of those questions to Mike Marts, but it was rather a short article overall and I feel like they could've chosen two or three more questions to round out the article. Goodness knows they had enough of them.

I feel like they're just biding time until "Secret Wars" right now.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

when is the next book with Jubilee coming out?

Amazing Member

X-men 22 is supposed to be out on the 10th, previously the website said the 3rd...so here's hoping they don't push it back again.

Quote Originally Posted by Verthril View Post
    X-men 22 is supposed to be out on the 10th, previously the website said the 3rd...so here's hoping they don't push it back again.
    Preview is up, so I think it's really coming this time:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=24935

---

http://beanclam.deviantart.com/art/Jubilee-61704541
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 12-06-2014 at 08:25 PM.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg

Vampire Jubilee next to her Kirby-coffin!

Last edited by MichaelC; 12-07-2014 at 04:01 AM.

Uh oh... something tells me that Jubes won't be in the next number... is not a good sign when almost all the members of the teams appears and not her... hope she appears in the next number:

http://marvel.com/comics/issue/52940/x-men_2013_23

I feel that Jubes lately is only a background character and not part of the team...

And in the comic they again make appears from her hand something like her fireworks... Want to see more about her as vampire and hope someday she gets her power in order to become a teenager mutant vampire!!!

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

Jubilee is in the next story arc, even though she isn't on the cover.
    She is not part of the MAIN story team, though... only Storm, Monet, Rachel, and Psylocke take part in the mission.
    Jubilee stays back at the mansion... she and Beast will be doing detective work in order to help out the four X-Women on the mission.

I'll be honest - I lost all faith in this after Jubes had trouble remembering the word "defibrillator". It just felt as if Guggenheim never really had a sense of who she was - how she spoke, acted or moved. It's like he only read the first few paragraphs of her wiki page and watch season one of TAS and based her on that. I liked his Rachel, not a big fan of his Jubes.

So few Marvel writers seem to find the right balance when writing her - that fine edge between the smart-mouthed mallrat, the orphan survivor and the trained X-Man. Lui, Immonen, Gischler and Kalan are the last writers that I feel gave us a rounded Jubes. Woodsey got the heart bit, but he missed the attitude. Anyone else got some other picks for their favourite Jubilee writers?

Oh and btw I need some help with a few Jubes related questions:

1)I'm looking for info on Mr and Mrs Lee. How much do we know about Jubes' parents? What were their names? Her dad I believe was some kind of doctor, but what did her mom do? What was her relationship with her parents like?

2) How old was Jubilee when her parents died?

Jubilee lifting a car. A pity that DCUO makes big things transparent if you lift them.

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    Jubilee is in the next story arc, even though she isn't on the cover.
    She is not part of the MAIN story team, though... only Storm, Monet, Rachel, and Psylocke take part in the mission.
    Jubilee stays back at the mansion... she and Beast will be doing detective work in order to help out the four X-Women on the mission.
    So she will be a background character again!!!

Miss the old Jubes, lately no one show her true personality!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    I'll be honest - I lost all faith in this after Jubes had trouble remembering the word "defibrillator". It just felt as if Guggenheim never really had a sense of who she was - how she spoke, acted or moved. It's like he only read the first few paragraphs of her wiki page and watch season one of TAS and based her on that. I liked his Rachel, not a big fan of his Jubes.

So few Marvel writers seem to find the right balance when writing her - that fine edge between the smart-mouthed mallrat, the orphan survivor and the trained X-Man. Lui, Immonen, Gischler and Kalan are the last writers that I feel gave us a rounded Jubes. Woodsey got the heart bit, but he missed the attitude. Anyone else got some other picks for their favourite Jubilee writers?
    I feel the same... they don't even get her trues eyes colors less her real personality... Only in the Wolverine Annual I saw the Jubes I love!!!

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Her appearance in x-men #23 was good. I like her and beast working together. And shogo returns. He wad absent the whole last arc due to them being in space of course lol
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Her appearance in x-men #23 was good. I like her and beast working together. And shogo returns. He wad absent the whole last arc due to them being in space of course lol
    Agreed, she might not be at the center of the action, but I've always like how Beast and Jubes get along - they play off each other so well - his like the fav fuzzy uncle. I'm fine for Jubes to do the detective work at home if we see her dealing with Logan's death as promised.

And I know the anti-Jubes-mama brigade might be happy with it, but I'm delighted the kid's back - I was afraid Shogo wouldn't survive the end of Wood's run and just disappear into the void.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    Agreed, she might not be at the center of the action, but I've always like how Beast and Jubes get along - they play off each other so well - his like the fav fuzzy uncle. I'm fine for Jubes to do the detective work at home if we see her dealing with Logan's death as promised.

And I know the anti-Jubes-mama brigade might be happy with it, but I'm delighted the kid's back - I was afraid Shogo wouldn't survive the end of Wood's run and just disappear into the void.
    Agreed so much, I love little Shogo and don't want him to disappear into Limbo, lol. And yes, I'm fine with Jubilee not being the center of the action, too, especially if the Beast-Jubilee relationship here is done right.

http://itabia.deviantart.com/art/Jub...ommy-394063921

===============================

http://vampirejubilee.tumblr.com/pos...uh-mazin-right

Prεtty Pεnny