Page 4 of 166 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

New article covering the upcoming Wolverine Annual #1 due for release in August. Jubes and Shogo join Logan on a camping trip. Pretty good article.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Vampire Jubilee striking a pose!

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

what is that from, MichaelC?

It's a screenshot from DCUO. I created a Jubilee expy there. I speced her martial arts, gymnastics, and nature(fauna tree). Vampires can shapeshift and control swarms of animals, so I speced her in powers that mimic that.
    Last edited by MichaelC; 06-05-2014 at 04:18 PM.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    It's a screenshot from DCUO. I created a Jubilee expy there. I speced her martial arts, gymnastics, and nature(fauna tree). Vampires can shapeshift and control swarms of animals, so I speced her in powers that mimic that.
    Very cool! Now all she has to do is begin a romance with Robin again... ;P
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

last month I bought the Primer and Muertas trade paperbacks, good books, but besides her tendency to cover up especially in daylight the writers do not seem to be exploring vamparism at all.

In mot of the modern fantasy I have read, Dresden Files, Kim Harrison's Hollows series, Mercy Thompson, even some of the White Wolf wiki i looks into to keep up with Spoony's counter monkey vlogs(?), I would be hard press to even call Jubilee a vampire.

Jubilee in the 2 trades dose not seem particularly predatory in any way, nor seem to be trying to counter any predatory impulses.

Counter as in say Star Trek's Vulcans use stoicism and logic to counterbalance there extreme emotional responses. she shows maternal behavior with Shogo, but it seems often as if no major changes in her behavior has occurred. Monet call her "Forever a student" in Muertas and I am inclined to agree with that statement. For all new warriors flaws the driven/haunted Jubilee seemed more "in motion/active" that the "Base line personality cali-girl" Jubilee.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    last month I bought the Primer and Muertas trade paperbacks, good books, but besides her tendency to cover up especially in daylight the writers do not seem to be exploring vamparism at all.

In mot of the modern fantasy I have read, Dresden Files, Kim Harrison's Hollows series, Mercy Thompson, even some of the White Wolf wiki i looks into to keep up with Spoony's counter monkey vlogs(?), I would be hard press to even call Jubilee a vampire.

Jubilee in the 2 trades dose not seem particularly predatory in any way, nor seem to be trying to counter any predatory impulses.

Counter as in say Star Trek's Vulcans use stoicism and logic to counterbalance there extreme emotional responses. she shows maternal behavior with Shogo, but it seems often as if no major changes in her behavior has occurred. Monet call her "Forever a student" in Muertas and I am inclined to agree with that statement. For all new warriors flaws the driven/haunted Jubilee seemed more "in motion/active" that the "Base line personality cali-girl" Jubilee.
    I did like seeing a more mature Jubilee, as per the driven/haunted one, but I think it's good that she's returned to her roots as a character. I think it shows that as she's moving forward with her life (adopting Shogo), she's gotten over the things that haunted her. And she's not as driven to prove herself because she's more comfortable with who she is.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    I did like seeing a more mature Jubilee, as per the driven/haunted one, but I think it's good that she's returned to her roots as a character. I think it shows that as she's moving forward with her life (adopting Shogo), she's gotten over the things that haunted her. And she's not as driven to prove herself because she's more comfortable with who she is.
    I understand, I just found her characterization...thin?

I can't put my finger on it something was missing though.

This thread was once so active,

crazy question, if jubilee would seduce 1 character who would that character be and should she.

either enthrall or just bite them? (No turning).

Also that characters has to have blood so no Rockslide, Bling, or Chamber, since all 3 are effectively immune to her vampiric charms.

I like the idea of a mature version of Jubilee, as long as she stays true to her spunky, rebel nature. There's a very fine line with her being either too cynical or too cute. A good writer should be able to juggle and play with both aspects. Claremont did it with Storm in the early years.

As for who Jubes should seduce let me sleep on it.;o)

Anyway, I've got a wacky theory on what happened to Shogo and Jubilee in Kymera's timeline.

Minor Spoilers for X-Men #15

So in the future BOTA Shogo is some kind of Iron man dude in sentinel armor and Jubilee has electric tech like claws.

According to Kymera something terrible happened to the Lees the night the Future came for his son and in #15, Beast is experimenting with bits of Arkea, which is some kind of alien techno bacteria, the same night of the “incident”.

I don't think the Future necessarily caused whatever took the the Lees 15 years to deal with - I'm thinking that somehow both Shogo and Jubilee (or maybe just Shogo) were exposed to whatever Hank was cooking up in the lab and something went horribly wrong.

Maybe if we all wish hard enough, it accidentally restores her mutant powers... I'll gladly take Vampire Jubes as a tradeoff for her pyrotechnic powers returning.

I never liked her mutant powers. I like her as a vampire waaaayyyyy better.

I know it's highly unlikely, but maybe they could work in some kind of dual power state with her.

For example, Jubilee remains a vampire, but can use her mutant powers in extreme cases. She'd have to be careful though - because as a vamp, she's most likely highly allergic to her own light/plasma based mutant powers.

The last bit would prevent that annoying state in comics today where every X character is way too over powered and gives some interesting chances for exploring how she deals with the whole vamp/mutant paradox.

Just sharing some laughter with my Jubilee fans. I love Jubilee and hope she pulls a solange on Futures ass when she finally confronts him on fair grounds. Anyways This made me LOL pretty hard.
    I don't care! I'll start my own group. Rejection from society is what started the X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    I know it's highly unlikely, but maybe they could work in some kind of dual power state with her.

For example, Jubilee remains a vampire, but can use her mutant powers in extreme cases. She'd have to be careful though - because as a vamp, she's most likely highly allergic to her own light/plasma based mutant powers.

The last bit would prevent that annoying state in comics today where every X character is way too over powered and gives some interesting chances for exploring how she deals with the whole vamp/mutant paradox.
    I honestly don't know why she is still depowered at this point. Bloodstorm still retained her mutant abilities despite being a vampire. I honestly think if they add her mutant powers this would set her apart from typical vampires. Not taking away from her vampiric abilities which will set her apart from most mutants. Overall I feel it would balance out perfectly.
    I don't care! I'll start my own group. Rejection from society is what started the X-men.