Page 5 of 166 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Roddy010 View Post
    I honestly don't know why she is still depowered at this point. Bloodstorm still retained her mutant abilities despite being a vampire. I honestly think if they add her mutant powers this would set her apart from typical vampires. Not taking away from her vampiric abilities which will set her apart from most mutants. Overall I feel it would balance out perfectly.
    I just want the vampire powers gone altogether. I was hoping that at the end of AvX, she would get repowered and that would get rid of the vampirism. Hopefully Guggenheim figures out a way to get her back to normal.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Jubilee is more interesting as the vampire than she ever was as weak-mutant-with-unlimited-omega-potential-number-5837.

Ultimate Member

I wonder if NuAngel could turn her back into a mutant and get this whole publicity stunt over with...

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Jubilee is more interesting as the vampire than she ever was as weak-mutant-with-unlimited-omega-potential-number-5837.
    I have heard similar assertions, and I have always had this question though I don't think its fair to single out Mike in particular, this is for all who have thought this including myself.

The various writers had nearly 30 years to develop Jubilee's mutant powers.

Not one instance in which she used it in a unique manor, for example like Lucy's vectors form Elfin lied, Like Bakura Kuchki's Senbon Sakura, or even like the Avatar series fire-bending. In Muertas against the sentinels you see Hellion using his Telekinesis in a manor similar to Jubilee's mutant powers.

When it comes to creatively using/depicting powers outside of Telekinesis most writers/artists don't. Case in point Gambit. Hell Jubilee 2.0 Surge, who is off in JGHS limbo.

What makes anyone think her vampire abilities will be anything beyond "Power Pose Punches", "Lift heavy Object", and "Phase", I don't think we will see Jubilee pulling moves like she is out of Kenichi the Mightiest disciple.

We have seen her use more acrobatics in the later half of Generation X, than all her depictions since 2001. With the exception of that turgid Dropkick she gave wolverine in the Jubilee and Wolverine series. I suppose if Jubilee gets a Spider-man/dear devil/ Iron Fist artist writer combo, she might get better physical action scenes.

Of course these are just the powers most vampires "street level" have, the more complex powers, shape shifting,mid control, perception/ enhanced senses(which she seemingly does not use), animal control (usually nocturnal and predatory) and basic sorcery, would require a writer/artist team with insane creativity and talant in capturing motion in still pictures.

The last time she really got to kick some rear end was during that whole arch involving the Forgiven.

No matter what her power set is at the end of the day, we need a writer that knows what a real threat Jubes should be at this stage. Jubilee is pretty unique as an X-Men. She's been training since 13(and a half) with some of the best strategists (Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Banshee), fighters (Wolverine, Gambit, Psylocke) and psychics (Prof X, Jean Grey, Emma Frost) in the Marvel universe. She should at least be able to hold her own against Pryde at this stage and Likewater is totally right - we need to see more of her gymnastics.

Yeah, the vampirism can get a little weird and scary on Jubilee's face. The fangs, sallow face and red eyes doesn't feel right for Jubilee.

On the other hand, I do enjoy the boost in stats Jubilee would get if she retained her vampiric powers and regained her mutant ones. Super-speed/strength + fluid gymnastics + long range flying plasma(or sub-atomic detonation) would make a deadly combo. Like a female Nightwing with the power to punch your head through the roof and light you on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Zainu View Post
    Yeah, the vampirism can get a little weird and scary on Jubilee's face. The fangs, sallow face and red eyes doesn't feel right for Jubilee.

On the other hand, I do enjoy the boost in stats Jubilee would get if she retained her vampiric powers and regained her mutant ones. Super-speed/strength + fluid gymnastics + long range flying plasma(or sub-atomic detonation) would make a deadly combo. Like a female Nightwing with the power to punch your head through the roof and light you on fire.

the writers could have jubilee learn fire magic, most vampires don't because...fire bad. But there is nothing really stopping her.

But as for the looks, yeah the swallow looks is creepy, the Cute anime Fangs are cool.
    Last edited by Likewater; 06-22-2014 at 07:51 PM.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

If you were a kid in the 90's, and frequented the arcade machines....Aaand also happened to be a reoccurring character in Marvel comics; then odds are you've rubbed shoulders with this bubble gum chewing mutant teen. Wearing her favorite pair of shades and flying the Generation X colors, it's Jubilee!

...and she ummm, well...BLOWS stuff UP!

From: http://www.toyark.com/generation-x-f1shcustoms-160848/

So cute!! Cute overload explosion, lol.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    This thread was once so active,

crazy question, if jubilee would seduce 1 character who would that character be and should she.

either enthrall or just bite them? (No turning).

Also that characters has to have blood so no Rockslide, Bling, or Chamber, since all 3 are effectively immune to her vampiric charms.
    So I've given this some thought and I just can't think of anyone...

Most of the people around her are either surrogate uncles/aunts/big brothers/sisters or are too young for her and would be kinda creepy. Maybe there's someone on Cyke's team she could go for, but I don't really know any of the new characters that well.

If she wanted to spite Kitty she could do Bobby, but Kitkat and her seem to have sorted out their whole jealous sister drama.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    this is a bit of a self deception, as the Preview from X-men 15, writers make characters weak sauce, not the powers. And also lackadaisical artwork as well.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=22118

Ultimate Member

http://s17.postimg.org/4sy46xqdr/013.jpg

And others portray her as being a complete badass. There's also the issue where's she took out the Sentinel.

True, but again that's the writer utilizing the character properly, and an artist better at capturing combat. Without the will and capability of the writer and the abilities of the artists, you get Chuck Austen.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    So I've given this some thought and I just can't think of anyone...

Most of the people around her are either surrogate uncles/aunts/big brothers/sisters or are too young for her and would be kinda creepy. Maybe there's someone on Cyke's team she could go for, but I don't really know any of the new characters that well.

If she wanted to spite Kitty she could do Bobby, but Kitkat and her seem to have sorted out their whole jealous sister drama.
    X-23 isn't good enough for you guys? They're about the same age and X-23's got a healing factor, so it's no harm, no foul.

Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    X-23 isn't good enough for you guys? They're about the same age and X-23's got a healing factor, so it's no harm, no foul.

The writers try to go for the sisterly root but the artists wants his lesyay, Laura looks like she is about to...arrive.

X is totally good enough, heaven knows they had enough chemistry in Paris.

But again there's the whole weird sister vibe, depending on whose writing them. Majorie Liu was reliving her old Annie fan fic days in those issues.

But I think in the end your right and X is the best choice.

Just thought of something crazy: Jubes and Daken maybe?
    Last edited by Beezzi; 06-25-2014 at 07:56 PM.