Page 53 of 166 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
    The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Theories:

1) Jubilee will be in the present/future scenes that we know Halle Berry will be part of, so all is safe with the timeline.
    2) When Wolverine time-traveled, Fox actually followed Marvel's rules and he never traveled into Earth-10005's past. Instead, much like how Kitty traveled from Earth-811 to Earth-616, Logan traveled into the similar-but-different reality inhabited by First Class, which also explains the inconsistencies between First Class and the original films.
    3) Much like Marvel, Fox just doesn't care about continuity anymore.

I REALLY hope it's #1, because I don't want to have to massively rewrite New Class to fit it into continuity. Jean was easy to work in. Characters born 20 years early? Not so much.
    Was it confirmed about Halle beery? Cause so far it's a rumor which I'll take with a grain of salt
    Last edited by berserkerclaw; 03-26-2015 at 12:28 AM.
    X-Men Forever

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

I'm so excited!!! Some might say that I'm actually Jubilant!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    I'm so excited!!! Some might say that I'm actually Jubilant!!
    I hope Jubilee's fireworks won't be weak.

Ultimate Member

Yeah. As much as I liked TAS overall, they were never very good as showing off Jubilee's powers. They made her look pretty weak/useless on that show a lot of the time.

Amazing Member

How I'd love it if they gave us a moment akin to when she blew up a chunk of the Mandarin's villa that was heard from a couple miles away (or so the clueless fishermen seemed to denote in Uncanny X-men 258). Complete with it being the moment she became afraid of cutting loose with her powers. All because she thought Logan was defeated or worse, and her emotions got the better of her.

Queue Jubilee "Holy MOley!" Where'd THAT come from?! An' like -- Do I ever want to do it AGAIN?!! looking stunned (even a touch traumatized maybe given the theme of the movie) in the aftermath of what she just did. If they really wanted to dark they could tap into Wolverine 74 when she confronted the hired guns that killed her parents, and Logan trusted her enough to make the right choice that he even suggested she could give them a brain hemorrhage that would just make it look like they died from a stroke.

If there was one disservice TAS did it was the fireworks sound effects and the sparkler appearance of her powers. She's lobbing around fricking Plasmoids that dance to her whim, not a sparkler you'd give a six year old.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Yeah. As much as I liked TAS overall, they were never very good as showing off Jubilee's powers. They made her look pretty weak/useless on that show a lot of the time.
    Well, i didn't really cared much about the strength of her power because i am just delighted to see her, her uniform , her character. She's a cool character.

And she's the youngest member.

So it's like x-men evolution where the teen xmen are kinda needed to be guided by the adult xmen

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Well, i didn't really cared much about the strength of her power because i am just delighted to see her, her uniform , her character. She's a cool character.
    I'm with you there, if they get one thing right in this movie I want it her portrayal, not her power. She was always put into situations that were beyond her and followed her heart. Saving Wolvie from the Reavers, befriending Illyana as she lay dying from the Legacy Virus, hell, taking the Professor rollerblading before the lost the use of his legs.

There was that great oneshot where she fought to point out how the Shi'ar were oppressing a native race of a planet when she got scooped up with Storm, Forge and everyone. She grieved not one, but two dying future Sentinels that had gained sentience. Heck, she threw down some CPR on one of Bastion's guards when she tried to escape the Hulkbuster Base after being tortured. She doesn't let her power define her, and she does what she feels is right, that's who I want portrayed

BANNED

So it's like x-men evolution where the teen xmen are kinda needed to be guided by the adult xmen
    It'd be nice to actually remind the audience just what her true potential is, though, as there's still a LOT of people (even book fans) who think of her as a joke of the 90s.

She manipulates matter at a subatomic level, and I believe Emma Frost pointed out she's basically a walking fusion bomb. Which makes sense because she specifically manipulates plasma, and plasma is a major part of nuclear fusion.

Oh, and she doesn't just control her OWN plasmoids, but ANY plasma. And plasma is THE most pervasive form of matter in the universe. Lightning? Plasma. The sun? A big-ass ball of plasma. Plasma is what SPACE is made of.

When you get right down to it, Jubilee COULD be one of THE most powerful non-telepaths and telekinetics on the X-Men were she to ever harness the full potential of her powers.

BANNED

It'd be nice to actually remind the audience just what her true potential is, though, as there's still a LOT of people (even book fans) who think of her as a joke of the 90s.

She manipulates matter at a subatomic level, and I believe Emma Frost pointed out she's basically a walking fusion bomb. Which makes sense because she specifically manipulates plasma, and plasma is a major part of nuclear fusion.

Oh, and she doesn't just control her OWN plasmoids, but ANY plasma. And plasma is THE most pervasive form of matter in the universe. Lightning? Plasma. The sun? A big-ass ball of plasma. Plasma is what SPACE is made of.

When you get right down to it, Jubilee COULD be one of THE most powerful non-telepaths and telekinetics on the X-Men were she to ever harness the full potential of her powers.
    I remember that. It was awesome to know that Jubilee is a potential omega level mutant.

Just no vampire Jubilee in xmen apocalypse. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Agreed, but I'll forgive them since even the comics are all over the place when it comes to her powers. To me Chris B did some of my favourite presentations of Jube's powers in GenX.

Quote Originally Posted by Verthril View Post
    How I'd love it if they gave us a moment akin to when she blew up a chunk of the Mandarin's villa that was heard from a couple miles away (or so the clueless fishermen seemed to denote in Uncanny X-men 258). Complete with it being the moment she became afraid of cutting loose with her powers. All because she thought Logan was defeated or worse, and her emotions got the better of her.

Queue Jubilee "Holy MOley!" Where'd THAT come from?! An' like -- Do I ever want to do it AGAIN?!! looking stunned (even a touch traumatized maybe given the theme of the movie) in the aftermath of what she just did. If they really wanted to dark they could tap into Wolverine 74 when she confronted the hired guns that killed her parents, and Logan trusted her enough to make the right choice that he even suggested she could give them a brain hemorrhage that would just make it look like they died from a stroke.

If there was one disservice TAS did it was the fireworks sound effects and the sparkler appearance of her powers. She's lobbing around fricking Plasmoids that dance to her whim, not a sparkler you'd give a six year old.
    So many great moments here. I'd like one "Big BOOM" in the film - maybe she can fling some grade A paffs at some mall cops when she first manifests - if only to establish that she is capable of that in the film universe.

Oh noooo...I can still hear that "fireworks" sounds from TAS in my dreams...or nightmares...I love that show to bits (I can recite whole episodes off by heart), but how I wish they'd done some things differently.

I like her as the youngest mutant, learning small bit from those around her.

I think we can all agree that Jubes is more than just a plasmoid slinging mutant...she's a firecracker - not only in powers, but also in spirit...small package = Big BOOM.

Quote Originally Posted by Verthril View Post
    I'm with you there, if they get one thing right in this movie I want it her portrayal, not her power. She was always put into situations that were beyond her and followed her heart. Saving Wolvie from the Reavers, befriending Illyana as she lay dying from the Legacy Virus, hell, taking the Professor rollerblading before the lost the use of his legs.

There was that great oneshot where she fought to point out how the Shi'ar were oppressing a native race of a planet when she got scooped up with Storm, Forge and everyone. She grieved not one, but two dying future Sentinels that had gained sentience. Heck, she threw down some CPR on one of Bastion's guards when she tried to escape the Hulkbuster Base after being tortured. She doesn't let her power define her, and she does what she feels is right, that's who I want portrayed
    Agreed. That powers are great, but Jubes has always been able to attract readers with her personality.

She wears this mask of a harden ex-juvie, smart mouthed mallrat, who's hard as nails and always looking out for #1, but then she totally turns everything on its head one day by saving some dying guy with weird hair in the Outback. Also, she doesn't kill her parents murders, she sits by the bedside of a dying girl she can't even understand, she saves a guard who tried to kill her moments earlier...

Over the years, if there one thing we've learned about our girl, is that she thinks with her heart first...these are Jubes' most impressive moments. :-)

I'm with you - we've had the awesome power of unlimited plasma discussion before.

She's always had the power the blow up the world at her fingertips, but her nature and fears kept her from ever reaching her true potential. To me this is the best way to write in limitations to an omega mutant's powers. A writer doesn't need to create some contrived reason for why the mutants powers aren't up to omega snuff every battle - they're simply limited by that mutants own nature.

In closing....Jubilee is a walking contradiction and that's what I've always loved about her. The girl is so much more than just a walking neon yellow trench.:-D

(Edit - This is also a reason the vamp bit grew on me (I HATED it at first), Jubes has kinda grown into being her own kind of vampire...she's doesn't really have a counterpart. She's an odd mixture of light and darkness now. She's a dangerous addict with the ability to kill untold numbers....but she chooses a totally different path and became a mommy.)
    Last edited by Beezzi; 03-25-2015 at 08:33 PM.

BANNED

Eat hot plasma bursts. Buwahahahaha. That was clever of Jubilee eating her words first so that Sabretooth would ask what she was saying. My most unforgettable Jubilee moment in comics.

Well, this makes me cautiously optimistic but on the other hand Singer included Jubilee in his first couple of X-Men movies as well and the scenes that had any focus on her were pretty much all relegated to the cutting room floor. Hope she at least gets the level of showing that Sunspot/Warpath/Blink got in Days of Future Past - anything more than that would be a huge bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Attachment 19837 jubilee is in X-Men Apocalypse
    At last she is oriental and not a white-black-haired girl

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    Agreed, but I'll forgive them since even the comics are all over the place when it comes to her powers. To me Chris B did some of my favourite presentations of Jube's powers in GenX.

So many great moments here. I'd like one "Big BOOM" in the film - maybe she can fling some grade A paffs at some mall cops when she first manifests - if only to establish that she is capable of that in the film universe.

Oh noooo...I can still hear that "fireworks" sounds from TAS in my dreams...or nightmares...I love that show to bits (I can recite whole episodes off by heart), but how I wish they'd done some things differently.

I like her as the youngest mutant, learning small bit from those around her.

I think we can all agree that Jubes is more than just a plasmoid slinging mutant...she's a firecracker - not only in powers, but also in spirit...small package = Big BOOM.

Agreed. That powers are great, but Jubes has always been able to attract readers with her personality.

She wears this mask of a harden ex-juvie, smart mouthed mallrat, who's hard as nails and always looking out for #1, but then she totally turns everything on its head one day by saving some dying guy with weird hair in the Outback. Also, she doesn't kill her parents murders, she sits by the bedside of a dying girl she can't even understand, she saves a guard who tried to kill her moments earlier...

Over the years, if there one thing we've learned about our girl, is that she thinks with her heart first...these are Jubes' most impressive moments. :-)

I'm with you - we've had the awesome power of unlimited plasma discussion before.

She's always had the power the blow up the world at her fingertips, but her nature and fears kept her from ever reaching her true potential. To me this is the best way to write in limitations to an omega mutant's powers. A writer doesn't need to create some contrived reason for why the mutants powers aren't up to omega snuff every battle - they're simply limited by that mutants own nature.

In closing....Jubilee is a walking contradiction and that's what I've always loved about her. The girl is so much more than just a walking neon yellow trench.:-D

(Edit - This is also a reason the vamp bit grew on me (I HATED it at first), Jubes has kinda grown into being her own kind of vampire...she's doesn't really have a counterpart. She's an odd mixture of light and darkness now. She's a dangerous addict with the ability to kill untold numbers....but she chooses a totally different path and became a mommy.)
    We can say that Jubilee has ALWAYS been someone who has the power to kill, the power to hurt, but she practically one of the few superheroes that have never killed anyone...

And she doesn't use the "need blood" or "My powers are too strong" as excuse to hurt like some other characters in the comics. I have seen her cry for enemies and friends.

One of her powers that no-one mention and is my favorite (even though she almost never used it even if she got training to get it stronger, was never in the cartoon and many writers forgot about it, even fans forgot about it), is her power to make her mind strong against telepaths... something like her mind slip away from telepaths, so if they are not searching her or something in specific in her mind, she is invisible to them...

I wonder what would happen if a creature controlled her body, like Phoenix did with grey, and unleashed her powers... what would be her potential???

Something that I'm sure, if she was controlled by any creature, I'm pretty sure she will fight against it if it tried to kill someone, and we know she is strong against telepaths...

I love the contradiction that is her vampire existence, she is a predator that doesn't hunt, she is thirsty of blood, but never killed to have it... is like the same contradiction she was when she was a mutant, have the power tu hurt, and didn't use it like that...

The only jubes I hated was when she didn't have her powers, I loved her as Wondra and leader of the New Warriors, but I feel that is not our Jubes in personality... I know she suffered when she lost her powers, like many mutants, because their powers are part of themselves... is like in a moment someone takes away your leg, an eye or one part of your body...

I always wanted she get her powers back but still be a vampire... something like her powers and her vampire being is not compatible, that she continue to be that machine of contradictions!!!
    Last edited by datugu; 03-26-2015 at 09:17 AM.

Ultimate Member

Thus in a way making her a copy of Meltdown...change her hair color, ethnicity...and a little more and there you go...but I'm not against Jubilee appearing in the movie...

Making her a god would not be a plus. Gods have a habit of just not being used by writers or sidelined by some cosmic plot-device. Popular characters tend to be capable enough to be useful, but not so powerful that they overpower the plot.

I like her as just a vampire, powerful enough to be useful but not so powerful that writers don't want her in the story because she overpowers the plot.