Page 54 of 166 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Thus in a way making her a copy of Meltdown...change her hair color, ethnicity...and a little more and there you go...but I'm not against Jubilee appearing in the movie...
    Kinda, but their powers manifest totally differently. Jubes has control over the shape and plasma outside that which she creates. Boom Boom's powers seem more stable to a certain extent.

I've never been a great fan of the "omega mutant" idea - I just wish some writers would be more creative with how they had Jubes use her powers. Maybe have her melt something, instead of blowing it up? And like datugu mentioned I wish someone would actually remember her "TP cloaking" and tech disruption - electronics shouldn't like her.

In other news:

We all knew someone would do it.

jubeslana.jpg
    Lana Condor looks awesome.
    Last edited by Beezzi; 03-26-2015 at 11:32 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Making her a god would not be a plus. Gods have a habit of just not being used by writers or sidelined by some cosmic plot-device. Popular characters tend to be capable enough to be useful, but not so powerful that they overpower the plot.

I like her as just a vampire, powerful enough to be useful but not so powerful that writers don't want her in the story because she overpowers the plot.
    No one's saying make her a god, but it would be nice to see them make a nod to the fact her powers are FAR more than just the "pafs."

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    Kinda, but their powers manifest totally differently. Jubes has control over the shape and plasma outside that which she creates. Boom Boom's powers seem more stable to a certain extent.

I've never been a great fan of the "omega mutant" idea - I just wish some writers would be more creative with how they had Jubes use her powers. Maybe have her melt something, instead of blowing it up? And like datugu mentioned I wish someone would actually remember her "TP cloaking" and tech disruption - electronics shouldn't like her.

In other news:

We all knew someone would do it.

jubeslana.jpg
    Lana Condor looks awesome.
    I hope in X-Men 92 they show that potential... we saw it in one page in the X-Ternals...

And hope they take again her "mind cloaking power that makes her invisible to telepaths" and show it... The funny thing is that many old school mutants and superheroes used to do greatest things in the past... in the last decades Marvel (and almost any comic company) only developed the same and same superheroes... and that is why I don't like Superman...

Or they always make them suffer and suffer and suffer... they are like the Mary Sue of the comics, they don't even work as team, you can see the actual teams and is always the same superheroes that do everything or get the story, the rest are stand-by... even Jubes was victim of that under Wood pencil in X-Men...

Speaking about X-men, I still don't see a date for the next number... it say TBD every time I check
    Last edited by datugu; 03-26-2015 at 06:12 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by datugu View Post
    Speaking about X-men, I still don't see a date for the next number... it say TBD every time I check
    If you talking about X-men 26, the Marvel Website lists it as April 29th.

I get the feeling they're skipping the entire month of March so they don't have to A) add more to what already feels like a short storyline with no substance or/ B) put out filler issue that might for once let us see our X-gals actually get a chance to socialize/decompress from all the fights (enemies or amongst themselves) when they're about to reboot the entire shebang come May when we get our X-men '92 advance Digital copy.

Turn out that despite not having an imdb entry, she did not actually onlt just come into existence last week.

http://filmschoolrejects.com/news/meet-lana-condor.php

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Turn out that despite not having an imdb entry, she did not actually onlt just come into existence last week.

http://filmschoolrejects.com/news/meet-lana-condor.php
    Thanks for this! Her dad's acricle was a touching read. Lana share so much with the firecracker. So excited by the mentions of her dance background.

Thanks for this! Her dad's acricle was a touching read. Lana share so much with the firecracker. So excited by the mentions of her dance background.
    Yeah, let's hope it's works out for her like it did for Summer Glau.

Astonishing Member

I've never been a great fan of the "omega mutant" idea - I just wish some writers would be more creative with how they had Jubes use her powers. Maybe have her melt something, instead of blowing it up?
    That would have been nice. Maybe have her be able to manipulate the amount of light, heat and force she projects.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Yeah, let's hope it's works out for her like it did for Summer Glau.
    Lets hope so - btw Loving the new avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    That would have been nice. Maybe have her be able to manipulate the amount of light, heat and force she projects.
    This would be fabulous - she should be able to do this.

On a more dejected note...

If Jubes is rebooted to her '92 version - I would be fine if she was be a bit older. How long is she going to be stuck as a thirteen year old girl? She's had some great growth over the years and I want to keep that.

Is she doomed to always be the resident X-brat? Even Kitty got to grow up. This would be the second time she's been de-aged. Keeping her as a young teen removes any possibility of her having an adult relationship and taking a stable role in the X-Men - in a way her young age limits the character.

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

Jubilee wasn't 13 in the animated series. In fact, she was about 15 I think when it first started. Also, by the end of the show, she was driving jeeps/cars and piloting the x-jet, as well as leading that group of young students in the underground tunnels on Xavier's property. So, at the least, I would say she is the same age as 17 year old vampire Jubes.

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    Jubilee wasn't 13 in the animated series. In fact, she was about 15 I think when it first started. Also, by the end of the show, she was driving jeeps/cars and piloting the x-jet, as well as leading that group of young students in the underground tunnels on Xavier's property. So, at the least, I would say she is the same age as 17 year old vampire Jubes.
    Let's hope they stick to seventeen at least - but from what we know of 92 X-Men it's a combo mix of the 90's comics and the show, so heaven knows what we'll get. I'm just scared 13 will stick in the some writers minds.

Hopefully, someone will remember that she was older before GenX! Really, Marvel has loads of other young teen girl characters now - so letting Jubes age up shouldn't be a problem.
    Last edited by Beezzi; 03-31-2015 at 05:06 PM.

BANNED

Let's hope they stick to seventeen at least - but from what we know of 92 X-Men it's a combo mix of the 90's comics and the show, so heaven knows what we'll get. I'm just scared 13 will stick in the some writers minds.

Hopefully, someone will remember that she was older before GenX! Really, Marvel has loads of other young teen girl characters now - so letting Jubes age up shouldn't be a problem.
    I wish Marvel would allow ALL their characters to grow old and move on. Let Jubilee become a mentor and teacher herself (complete with all the requisite humor of dealing with rowdy teenagers herself after her own less-than-stellar scholastic career). Allow others to settle down and have families. Let Franklin Richards FINALLY not be a toddler anymore. Allow writers to genuinely explore the pathos of characters like Wolverine and X-23 watching their friends and loved ones grow old and die while they stay young(er).

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I wish Marvel would allow ALL their characters to grow old and move on. Let Jubilee become a mentor and teacher herself (complete with all the requisite humor of dealing with rowdy teenagers herself after her own less-than-stellar scholastic career). Allow others to settle down and have families. Let Franklin Richards FINALLY not be a toddler anymore. Allow writers to genuinely explore the pathos of characters like Wolverine and X-23 watching their friends and loved ones grow old and die while they stay young(er).
    Fully agreed!

And I'm not saying everyone has to age at a "normal" rate, but at least let's move up a year or three every decade or so. Characters, like Franklin, deserve to go somewhere - they can only be youngsters so long before all those those "adolescent" themes have been explored.

What is really left to tell of Jubes' story as a teenager? She's been the kid. the brat, the prodigy, the orphan, the kid sister, the angsty teen etc....

She started moving forward recently and I just don't want that taken away from her again.

Or maybe I'm selfish - I'm not a teen anymore and maybe I don't want her to be either...

Heres to hoping for some gaudy 80s fashion for Jubes in X:Apocalypse.
    No danger of Drab Dystopian Chic of Days of Future Past...
    X-Men-Days-of-Future-Past-Jubilee-concept-art-570x988.jpgX-Men-Days-of-Future-Past-Jubilee-concept-art-2-570x988.jpg

Lets hope so - btw Loving the new avatar.

This would be fabulous - she should be able to do this.

On a more dejected note...

If Jubes is rebooted to her '92 version - I would be fine if she was be a bit older. How long is she going to be stuck as a thirteen year old girl? She's had some great growth over the years and I want to keep that.

Is she doomed to always be the resident X-brat? Even Kitty got to grow up. This would be the second time she's been de-aged. Keeping her as a young teen removes any possibility of her having an adult relationship and taking a stable role in the X-Men - in a way her young age limits the character.
    Jubilee has always been the eternal teen... even other teens began to grow up and she didn't, and now as vampire she is the eternal teen

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    She was 17 years old when she became vampire, but little after she had her 18th birthday... so we can see that she in same time 17 years old and older than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    That was something I wanted to see... and also in Jubes case... she is a vampire but with a human child, she will see him not only become adult, but old and die... same with all her friends... and one day also Wolvie and Laura, they are not imortals, they get old really slow, so one day they will die!!!