Page 6 of 166 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    X is totally good enough, heaven knows they had enough chemistry in Paris.

But again there's the whole weird sister vibe, depending on whose writing them. Majorie Liu was reliving her old Annie fan fic days in those issues.

But I think in the end your right and X is the best choice.

Just thought of something crazy: Jubes and Daken maybe?
    Daken? Ha, you would think Xarus would be a bad influence influence as her master, Imagine Daken as her lover/thrall. One evil boyfriend is enough fro Jubilee.

As for Laura, Lovers or Sisters, no sister-lovers you sick sick writers this is AH-Murica!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    X-23 isn't good enough for you guys? They're about the same age and X-23's got a healing factor, so it's no harm, no foul.

Eh, they work best as strictly big/little sisters, especially the way it's presented as something of an inversion of Jubilee's relationship with Wolverine.

I don't know, I think Jubes likes the bad boys and girls...

Although that doesn't explain why she had such a big thing for Evevette Thomas. He was the nicest mutant on the planet back then (except for when he went all Emplaty). I just never saw how that relationship would work, Angelo was a much better pairing. (Until he got Austened...grrr)

Btw...guys she gets involved with do tend to die...Sync, Skin, Xarus....
    Last edited by Beezzi; 06-25-2014 at 08:16 PM.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Although that doesn't explain why she had such a big thing for Evevette Thomas. He was the nicest mutant on the planet back then (except for when he went all Emplaty). I just never saw how that relationship would work, Angelo was a much better pairing. (Until he got Austened...grrr)
    He was the nicest GUY on the planet, for sure! D: I think Jubilee did well in picking him to crush on... too bad he had a thing for Monet.

Anyway, a couple of random art picks:

http://darkness1999th.deviantart.com...ilee-454971039

http://13wishes.deviantart.com/art/V...ilee-453849634

Also, this is kind of sad, considering she does become a vampire in the end:

Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Back back-burner husband?

Jubilee And Ev were very close friends, that had flirtation but after awhile Jubilee's romantic inclination blossomed, while Everett either did not or was in heavy denial.

Besides as I recall Jubilee and Angelo didn't get along to well at first. Jubilee was Closest to Everett and Paige, She grew closer to Angelo and Jono over time.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    X-23 isn't good enough for you guys? They're about the same age and X-23's got a healing factor, so it's no harm, no foul.

Lol the original "shocking confrontation" page. I remember an interesting NYCC quotation from Liu about that issue:
    She was asked if at any time she wanted to use the ‘maybe’ card with any character couplings, and she stated that when she saw art for a scene of Jubilee (now a vampire) leaning in to bite X-23, she was SO all over that.
    To be honest though, Liu had been throwing a fair bit of subtext in the earlier issues (Miss Sinister/X-23, and Daken/Gambit) so I suspect she was actually a little more complicit in engineering that scene than she lets on. I'm somewhat curious as to what she actually wrote in the script for those pages.

X is totally good enough, heaven knows they had enough chemistry in Paris.

But again there's the whole weird sister vibe, depending on whose writing them. Majorie Liu was reliving her old Annie fan fic days in those issues.

But I think in the end your right and X is the best choice.

Just thought of something crazy: Jubes and Daken maybe?
    Heh, I think I remember Annie. Wasn't she an *original character* with tree powers?

Anyway, apparently Astonishing X-men was canned just before Liu could present an arc featuring... Jubilee, Daken and X-23. Wonder how that would have turned out...
    I had an idea that would have brought Jubilee, X-23 and Daken into the book -- with a completely new, startling spin on their characters. They would have been around for a 4-issue run that would have forced Cecilia into the spotlight. I regret not having a chance to do more with her character, and Gambit.

Quote Originally Posted by Herring View Post
    Heh, I think I remember Annie. Wasn't she an *original character* with tree powers?

Anyway, apparently Astonishing X-men was canned just before Liu could present an arc featuring... Jubilee, Daken and X-23. Wonder how that would have turned out...
    Yip, I'm pretty sure she had tree powers. Can't believe someone else remembers that.

So wish we could've seen this arch! We might not have had Shogo at the end, but still it would've been one hell of a ride. Liu is one of the few Marvel writers that still gets the whole X dysfunctional family dynamic.

On a side note....She is also one of the most genuinely nicest people you could ever hope to talk too. Completely humble and amazingly clever. A great role model for young women.

BANNED

I sure hope there is a way to reverse Jubilee's vampirism soon. I mean I'm glad that she getting a spotlight and is seen more useful than ever, but it's still a pain to see her cursed as a monster without any chance for a cure.

It depends on how you look at it. Those who like her as a vampire (much like Jube herself) don't view it as a curse at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    It depends on how you look at it. Those who like her as a vampire (much like Jube herself) don't view it as a curse at all.
    If Jubilee became a ninja, would she be a Ninja-Vampire or Vampire-Ninja?

Her little fangs really are cute. And man, that fight was pathetic and horribly one-sided. I know that badass humans can whoop ass, but how did he just break Jubilee's bones like that? Did Wood just ignore Jubilee's super-strength, speed and ability to turn into mist? She sees Shogo as her kid. There is no way in hell that she would not fight tooth and claw to beat this dude.

Not to mention undead ability to ignore most injuries and vampire regeneration. Basically, they just ignore broken bones and the bones heal up in seconds on top of that. The guy had to be packing silver. Otherwise that was stupid.

All-New Member

Yip, I'm pretty sure she had tree powers. Can't believe someone else remembers that.

So wish we could've seen this arch! We might not have had Shogo at the end, but still it would've been one hell of a ride. Liu is one of the few Marvel writers that still gets the whole X dysfunctional family dynamic.

On a side note....She is also one of the most genuinely nicest people you could ever hope to talk too. Completely humble and amazingly clever. A great role model for young women.
    Yeah its pretty sad (for us) that she doesn't seem to be doing much in the way of comics now. She tried to bring back the family aspect, while everyone else was focusing on the Cyclops/Wolverine schism nonsense. I really wanted an ongoing with Jubes and X featuring the buddy-cop-like interactions in X-23 #20.

Anyway, since Wood is currently jobbing Vampire Jubilee, the thread needs more images of her better performances. Here's the classic comic signal that you're to be taken seriously: getting into a fight with, and slapping around, Wolverine. Naturally Wolverine starts it, because even when on Vampire Crack, Jubes won't throw the first punch against him.

Heh. I just realised Wolfie actually kicks Jubes in the head in this page to no effect, which makes the adjectiveless stamp on head to K.O. even more silly.

Jubilee demonstrating that she can, in fact, do more handsprings than Black Widow to your face.

Adamantium claws<Superspeed + a bike to the head

In fairness, Wolverine wasn't packing silver or blessed weaponry, and this guy might be. Might. I think it's probably just silly jobbing, but there's still a chance for Wood to redeem himself with just a bit of exposition next issue. I'm not betting on it, but it's still possible.
    Last edited by MichaelC; 06-27-2014 at 06:21 AM.

I'm REALLY hoping Wood was just setting up an epic beatdown for later, with Jube stomping this guy into paste. Otherwise that scene makes zero sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.